So...more legendary skins this year than any other year...?

You leave the Doctora Angela Ziegler of Mercy … if they bring out the Ana and Baptiste one again, hers should too.

To the point COSMO made, Ana and Baptiste skins are epic quality, while the Dr. Ziegler skin is legendary. The seasonal event weekly challenges have historically been for epic-quality skins.

At this point, we can only speculate and hope Blizzard has a different method they plan on providing a second chance for the 4 legendaries (Brick (Bastion), Dr. Ziegler (Mercy), Maestro (Sigma), and Deadlock (Ashe))

1 Like

where are the new skins you weren’t ready to divulge at the time because it didn’t exist :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Apparently this IS the case

5 Likes

You can’t be that ignorant

While I agree that texture artists have clearly put in a lot of effort into these recolored skins, you should probably ask yourself “is this is meant to drum up hype?”… at best you’ll keep a few hardcore fans happy with “new” content and at worst you give off the impression that Blizzard is slowly pulling resources from OW bit by bit and that it’s now on life-support.

2 Likes

It’s been on life support for years, now they’re pulling the plug

3 Likes

Reading comprehension. He was talking about all the skins they have planned for this year, not just the remixed ones.

2022, the year with the most refried skins with another color.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/300x300/72396957.jpg

3 Likes

Which no one is asking for. These reskins were already made. A simple click, click and boom the color is changed. It’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

Respectfully AndyB it may not have been the answers you OR blizzard was expecting but when you guys not deliver and you think paint it white is content i mean what can i say it speaks for it self for a 3A game from 3A company. {Like for real F2P games offer way more variety of content like BRUHHHHH}

Respectfully again sure people might have put time in to that Artists etc but that does not necessary give any of you a get out free jail card or praising and walk away. Just because you put time in to something it does not means it is instally good and must be accepted or glorified.

Also keep in mind as much as you or next guy in your office, home, whatever you work from can judge us the same as well as consumers we can judge you back so understand also the critisism. {Plus with all the marketing decisions, you guys had it coming the comunity to turn on you}

8 Likes

New skins are content in my opinion I agree with you. But these are not new skins.

Respectfully, these are not new cosmetics. I appreciate hard work, but this cannot have taken that long to pull off. I know the beta is soon but most likely 60%+ of the player base won’t be participating so what do they get for compensation?

6 Likes

Well said, though hard work is clearly being done on the team. Overwatch 2 to me looks fantastic but this right now is minimal effort. I don’t mean to rude, disrespectful or unkind but this recent event has nothing new, there isn’t even a background on the home screen. The event contains nothing new. Old skins most players already have, game modes we’ve been playing for six years, six re-skins that have all been simply recoloured. Absolutely tons of hard work went into the creation of these skins however long ago, but this is a palette swap and nothing else.

All that console players now have to look forward to until the launch of OW2 (which last we heard isn’t likely until next year) is re-skins? I’m on PC so maybe I have a chance in the beta but if not…why shouldn’t I go play another game?

What gets me is they couldn’t be assed to just turn on the old events.

Why? The last several years we’ve gotten nothing of significance for these events. Simply give us Archives, but with these recolors. Give us Summer Games, but with recolors, etc. Why remove the events ENTIRELY?

2 Likes

Raiku is 100% right. Just because you work really hard on something doesn’t mean it’s instantly worthy of uncritical praise. Yes, the art team may have worked tirelessly to produce these recolors–though I have to ask why doing so was so intensive for the team–but that doesn’t mean it’s valuable content.

Someone else on this thread rightly pointed out that there’s a difference between what they label as “supplementary” and “playable” content. Skins are supplementary–they add stuff to the game but don’t actually add new things for us to do. Playable content–maps, characters, modes, etc–give us things to actually participate in. It’s very important that Blizzard not confuse where a given piece of content falls, yet it seems like they frequently are! The community is, as I’m sure you’re aware, expressing mass amounts of discontent about the lack of playable content and the lack of clear expectations about future playable content and the direction it may be heading. So, why is the response, “look at these cool skins” when that evidently isn’t the frustration?

Moreover, to state the obvious in this specific instance, people are frustrated with the claim that “this year packs more legendary skins than any other year.” They feel like it’s a bait-and-switch. Now, sure, that may not have been the intent from Blizzard–but saying “nope, but we can’t tell you about what’s actually going on, and aren’t those palette swaps so cool!” ain’t it, chief. I appreciate that you’re out here communicating, Andy, but you need to be crystal clear with whoever you talk to regarding messaging: vague promises and trying to drum up hype when people are clearly frustrated do not work. It’s only worsening the bitterness in the community. I understand communication is difficult, particularly when you’re working with limited information, but it’s been a repeat point of failure for Blizzard that needs drastic and intensive attention.

Honestly, I think Blizzard overestimated how much players would value palette swapped skins at a time when cosmetics aren’t stupendously high on many people’s priority list. I think they misplayed. Rather than trying to talk your way around that, though, just own it. It builds trust with the community when you guys can say, “yeah, we misjudged what the community wanted in this instance and did not communicate clearly about what our intentions were regarding these palette-swap skins. Hopefully, you can still appreciate and enjoy these skins while we reconvene and refocus on how we can attempt to address more pertinent concerns from the community.” That sounds like an honest answer, and even though I might not be thrilled about the situation, I can at least respect the honesty. Trying to drum up hype in the face of obvious distaste & disappointment doesn’t exactly smack of honesty, nor does making vague statements about what was promised vs what’s to come.

Putting that back on the community like you did swings dangerously close to blaming the consumers. It’s like being mad at someone for wanting a steak because they’re hungry and dismissing the fruit punch Kool-Aid you keep trying to sell them! Why are you selling them something to quench their thirst in the first place when that’s not what they want or need? That breaks down the community’s faith in Blizzard, and faith is something y’all need a LOT of right now.

10 Likes

Yep my point exactly.

Glad people can also be friendly!

Much love xoxo

I need to watch you closer, you have the eye of prophecy.

3 Likes

How many volumes do you plan on doing? Were at volume 1. How many more will there be?

here is an idea.
If blizzard wants to make Recolours add the recolours in the shop to buy via OWL tockens or another tocken so people can recolour their skin and also blizzard make money so its a win win scenario for everyone i would love being able to recolour some of the exist skins to a colour of my likeing.

And for the love of god i would also like being able to select different weapon skin with other skins, we ask about this since season 3…

1 Like

From the main post Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail):

They name the next three events that will not be returning this year, and that this is a three-part event, so three volumes.

1 Like