Some Other Nerf Suggestions for Hammond

i know they targeted the nerf to the spin to win part of ball which only/mainly low rank players struggled with?

That’s the thing though, it doesn’t take a GM to be able to reuse hook. This hurts plat/diamond players. Spin to win sucks, but it’s not worth crippling ball’s mid range potential, where he needs it the most.

1 Like

He’s literally the 5th pick out of 8 in GM. Consider yourself proven wrong.

2 Likes

in masters, no GM #1 in gm. But he sucks everywhere else.

1 Like

his pick rate dosent matter for gm since they targeted the nerf for gold plat diamond players

Too lazy to type it all again but here I go:

Also, I understand the sarcasm and that people are upset, but let’s be real it’s not that big of a deal. It’s just annoying as it also removes a few specific techs / rollouts and has no proper visual cue.

My own take is that the change had a good idea (nerfing Spin2Win) but it accomplished it badly. The same result could’ve been achieved by tweaking it differently without ruining other of Ball’s interactions and making it more visual and clear that the grapple is “breaking”

I uninstalled the game anyways because tanking feels completely miserable. I’d rather play DPS or other games instead. Not coming back until big OW2 changes drop and they make tanking less miserable.

1 Like

They nerfed an aspect that lower ranked players struggled against, he’s still a good hero in the right hands.

Let me be clear, If you are losing to spin to win in gold/plat/diamond, you are a disproportionately bad gold/plat/diamond player. This was a good change for silver and bronze, and bad players in the mid ranks.

I don’t really care about the bad players in the mid ranks, and I certainly don’t care about GM.

good for silver/bronze, but bad for every other rank if you are a tank player.

2 Likes

Who is struggling against a “spin2win” Ball, besides maybe people in bottom-of-the-barrel bronze? You’re imagining a problem that doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Ball needs to be balanced for a game without CC. People should not forget CC is being deleted. So spin to win being deleted is the half step to that.

Bees! apparently.

but no, good players in mid ranks are not struggling.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s being deleted outright, I think they’re just removing most of the hard CC from non-tanks. Which makes sense since tanks are supposed to be the crowd controlling heroes. So if anything in OW2 I anticipate Ball’s CC is gonna get buffed which is gonna be super fun and interactive to play against :+1:

It won’t be buffed. It will be there, but it will also no longer effect tanks, and that’s a huge deal.

Nah, I’m just laughing at all the tank players who are acting like Ball got crippled when in reality he’s only slightly weaker than he was before.

1 Like

Clearly a DPS one-trick.

Ball’s ONLY utility left (after his endless nerfs to appease DPS one-tricks) was spinning on point, being a stall character.

He doesn’t even have that now. What’s he supposed to do now? Pathetically knock a few people 2CM away from where they were?

His damage in general sucks, his knock-back was reduced. He was good at stalling, which was a niche tactic limited to the lower ranks and now he’s not even good there either.

In high level play he could at least make setups, but he now only has 6 seconds to setup and rollout.

3 Likes

Ehh no but nice try though.

Apart from unblockable CC, good support assasination potential, a good space-making ultimate, and excellent cooldown-baiting ability, yeah he’s got zero utility.

What? His knockback is still very good.

Doesn’t that only increase his skill cap? Seems like a good thing to me imo. Only a handful of rollouts required more than a six second grapple.

2 Likes

And I’m laughing at your strong opinions about a hero you’ve spent all of (checks notes) 30 minutes playing this season.

4 Likes

tbf dude it hasent even been 2 weeks of the season

Sorry, I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to have opinions on things I don’t use. I don’t use nuclear weapons but I have a strong opinion about not using them.

cmon dude if ur going to make fun
of other people atleast be good at the hero not 2008 sr ur border is about to be higher than ur rank with ball

1 Like