Sombra's Delay is Whats Killing Her. šŸ˜

Itā€™s sad that this topic is still relevant. I hardly ever play Sombra anymore since the last changes.

2 Likes

This is literally everything Iā€™ve been talking and complaining about. I hope this gets enough traction to help her out

1 Like

Well it stands to reason. Lucio can be popular in spite of Hack being oh so powerful against him because Sombra simply isnā€™t being used to deal with him, because itā€™s not nearly as effective as it looks on paper or feels in that moment playing Lucio when you look at the wider impact on the game.

1 Like

Well that pick rate is still falling, and her win rate for the week is down to the bottom two in GM.

Fair to say, this is an absolute fricking failure of a hero. Blizz should be ashamed of themselves in how theyā€™ve treated her. Especially after all the hype.

1 Like

Why did we necro this thread? Itā€™s kind of irrelevant now, considering Sombra is one of the strongest pro picks at the moment and a solid hero altogether.

Because sheā€™s not any of those things.

1 Like

Question mark? Sombra was one of the most picked heroes at the OWWC and is one of the primary counters to GOATS along with Doomfist. She just has problems with fitting into teams that have poor communication.

OWWC is old news. Doomfist is old news, and she was used to deal with him.

She no longer serves a purpose, and so sheā€™s not used on ladder at any level anymore, and sheā€™s not winning either. Nor is she used in Contenders.

2 Likes

I enjoy playing Sombra, but I guess she doesnā€™t have as much of a purpose right now, as you said. If I were to buff her, it wouldnā€™t be for delays, I would increase Translocator throw speed and decrease reload time in order to make her a more fluid DPS.

1 Like

As this is true, to me and only me, her delays are slowing her back.

Remember that Tracer has burst weapons, while Sombra has substance weapon type.

I was hearing the idea of increase her fall-off damage to 50meter to match the others Offense hero.

1 Like

I agree.

You do know that her Stealth ability is used for both engaged and to disengaged.

Anyways, this logic if flawed, as others heroes who do have an escape abilityā€¦ it happens instantly (or donā€™t exceeded past 0.5 seconds)

No one said to make her Hack instant bud.

The delay is still thereā€¦ Which I am perfectly fine with. However, the cast time is still there.

Again, you are giving someone who already have an overload of delays, more delay? I am aware that every throwable projectile abilities have an delay, but I am displaying how much delay Sombra has as of right now and before.

1 Like

You would think that Sombra would be popular in this meta, but she simply is not. People keep saying that being Hack is worse than being killed, but I just disagree full heartily.

When I make threads that possibly turn into mega-threads, I try to make those thread somewhat relevant, as this is something Sombra still struggle with.

Of course people are not opposed for changes, as they deemed Sombra has an Annoying character to play against". It is honestly sad.

Check out my other threads as I am one of the. voice of Sombraā€¦ and came up with great suggestion that wouldnā€™t make her a must -pick nor overpowered.

I will link them all here for you.

Because Good Threads Never Die!

I wouldnā€™t say she is a strong pick nor a solid hero all together. She can use some tweaks here and thereā€¦ but of course, I want the devs to put more attentions on heroes that need it first. Sombra, she is surviving, but no she still needs help.

1 Like

I made a thread talking about ways to improve her, check it out here Somvra's suggestions for Sombra. šŸ’Ÿ

She already have escape ability (translocator) if someone caught her while her translocator on cooldown he should be able to kill her, having to escape abilities when one on cooldown is broken.

Well at least her gun doesnā€™t have delay like genji shuriken who is using it 70% of the time.

This title is conflicting af.

The title makes it seem like OP is not happy with the delay.
But the heart eyes emoji makes it seem as if heā€™s glad its killing her.

So which is it? O-O

1 Like

You are thinking one-sided right now, I am honestly glad that she has delays, as delays allow counterplays. That is not the issue I have right now with her. I am saying that they could keep those delays, however, the devs can reduce some of the components that is holding the Sombra back from working fluently.

I made a Thread talking about it here.

If you want to view and put your opinion in the thread. Here I am just saying that all those delays pretty lengthy for a fast pace game, is one of the things that are killing her as a hero.

A great Sombra can use both Translocator and Stealth as both a disengaged and engaged tool.

and for exchanged for that Genjiā€™s kit function fluently with little to no delays, and also for her Shurikens, they have no-fall off damageā€¦