Sombra rework can we get a hint?

I really don’t think you’re looking at it anywhere near correctly. Why are you pulling a “Sombra can’t do damage so her kit has to be great because she can’t”? This is a horrible argument, especially when she’s capable of doing 160 damage per second if she hits all her shots. She’s got lower DPS than most of the rest of the DPS roster. But that doesn’t mean we should make her disable extremely oppressive while making her a tank.

It’s almost as if you’re not even trying to balance her. Everything you’ve mentioned in regards to balance has been wrong or extremely broken.

Please, stop making us look bad.

1 Like

I think you’re suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and you really don’t understand how horrible Sombra is, (Or you just don’t want to come to terms of the bleak reality) and how drastically she needs to be tuned to make her viable over ANY other current DPS hero.

She doesn’t need a fine tune here and there. She needs a shot of adrenaline. I will say it one last time for you and hopefully you will read this a few times and let it sink in:

The benefits that Sombra’s kit offers are too speculative in their implementation for her to be a serious pick over another hero that offers a more consistent flow of damage (AKA, the means to delete an enemy player off the map and win the game).

If Sombra exists to forego straight up DPS in exchange for craftiness, then that craftiness better be worth it. It’s not, and it needs a huge boost to make it so.

2 Likes

I really don’t think you understand how bad Sombra is and how your buffs aren’t even buffs. They’re complete overtunes to the issue while ignoring everything that could go wrong.

That’s like me saying that Soldier’s most effective part of his kit is shooting. So let’s make his shots auto aim, give him 20 health per hit, and go through shields. Does that make any sense? At all? Because that’s how you sound.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Ding ding ding
we have a troll

Right, because the effort I put into my past few posts on this topic are totally indicative of a low effort troll.

Newsflash, but someone not agreeing with you doesn’t mean they are a troll.

That’s your cue to stop engaging him. “Forget it, Jack, it’s Chinatown.”

I mean, his main job is shooting, so when he has been rebalanced, his primary fire is exactly what they picked out to fix.

‘Double down on strengths rather than fix weaknesses’ is supposedly what they prefer to do.

Though in Sombra’s case it’s more like ‘scattergun on the strengths and double down on weaknesses’.

1 Like

I’d argue it’s “turn her strengths into weaknesses.”

I just don’t understand these kinds of people. They insist the only option is drastic change and making the worst part of a hero’s kit the absolute best thing in the game. How is that good balance? In any sense of the word “balance” tipping the scales in the complete opposite direction will do nothing but make the problem worse.

One side of the scale has an acorn while the other has a tennis ball. They’re suggesting adding an anvil or something that weights extreme lbs in order to combat the tennis ball. It doesn’t make any sense.

Ughhh.

Yes. That’s obvious. But you seem to not be getting that this isn’t even a disagreement. You’re suggesting an objectively broken change in the name of balance and saying it’s okay because it’s what Sombra needs. But what about the game? All of those changes would completely break the game.

No, I think she does have strengths, they’re just too easily countered, and not always countered with enough real intent to do so. That can make it difficult to play to them.

She doesn’t have strengths right now. If she does, they’re unreliable because of the glitches and small things that can happen.

The tools are there. They’re just not as good as they could be, and they’re looking to buff them in the wrong ways. Bugs don’t help, but it’s more than that.

Translocate is one of my favourite abilities in the game, I just wish it had faster throwing animation, faster flight, and landing where you see it if you TL while its still in flight.

Stealth is okay, but it’s the Sprint that’s the major part of its strength, not so much the actual ‘stealth’ aspect - that’s more a map design issue, since maps offer the stealth aspect to anyone who can 3d movement and/or teleport (and in some cases not even that).

Hack was briefly great. EMP was great before Graviton Surge supplanted it.

People talk about the durations on Stealth and TL being limiting factors, that they’re “rushing” them, but it’s not the timers, it’s the pace of the game. If you don’t play to the timers, the game’s over before your perfect moment arrived; if anything they push you to keep up with the game. Oftentimes, the game itself is pushing you to manually cut the durations short.

1 Like

Giving an infinite timer can be helpful, I mean sometimes I do die because I needed 1 or 2 seconds more to kill someone and my trans ran out. And being able to wait around while cloaked and attack when a teamfigth is beginning is useful as well, that way Sombra can strike for maximum impact.

The problem is that those small buffs simply aren’t worth the massive nerfs that go with them. I’d be at least somewhat happy if the gave us infinite trans alone with no strings. Honestly at this point, I’ll pretty much take any buffs that don’t have strings attached.

2 Likes

That kind of thing can happen to anyone, most common similar sort of situation would be having to reload while they have 4 health left. It happens, and it’s not ultimately what decides whether the hero is strong or weak, because it’s not a consistent problem that happens on every engagement, you just notice it when it happens because it’s annoying. Whether you have 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, as long as there’s a limiter, it’s going to happen when you push your luck so close; and you’ll ask “If only I had 2 more seconds on TL…”

We had players asking for 4 more rounds in her clip, not just to bring it to 64 for cool hacker memes factor, but because people thought that they were disproportionately losing duels they could have won with 4 more bullets in the gun, even though that probably wasn’t the case.

1 Like

Yeah certainly not. It’s by no means a giant improvement, but every little bit helps, so I mean if they wanted to give a cancellable-unlimited translocator, I’d be happy about it, so long as it doesn’t involve a nerf elsewhere.

I’d also be happy with 4 more bullets in the gun too. Like I said, I’ll take almost any buff that doesn’t include giving Sombra more nerfs to compensate. If they wont’ buff Sombra without nerfing her too, I’d rather they just worked on bug fixes and left her alone.

1 Like

To be clear I wasn’t referencing damage necessarily (although damage wise I do think she should get a slight boost against targets under opportunist).

I was more referring to utilizing the bulk of her kit in combat (to give you an idea for a frame of reference i was a fan of the idea to convert some of her existing health (like 25) to shields and make hack/stealth uninterruptible while she has shields)

This basically sums the rework and everything wrong with it and how sombras about to become the worst hero if these go to live

2 Likes

Idk, in master I’m consistently seeing my sombra main friend get gold damage vs hanzos and junks lol. Though I suppose you did qualify ‘good’

Yep and why on earth is no one mentioning the really loud directional noise that comes when sombra is detected (even when definitely waayyyy past 4 meters)?!

2 Likes