Sombra rework can we get a hint?

This basically sums the rework and everything wrong with it and how sombras about to become the worst hero if these go to live

You mean REMAIN the worst hero, right?

1 Like

i mean, torbjorn was still worse than sombra, but this rework makes her worse than torb and torbs getting a rework.

Plus mei was pretty bad before this patch.

On the PTR tb > Sombra. New sym also buff tb. Hit-scan buff also buff for tb (indirectly)

you get what i mean lol

Yeah. There is always a ā€œbutā€ to it.

Indeed. They simply ignore the concerns and built it all around the things we donā€™t need. But at this point and seeing how the ā€œusualā€ >balancing< works, we shouldnā€™t be surprised. At all.

Itā€™s kinda sad they are so eager to kill the killed hero.

3 Likes

sadly, yea youre basically right.

So disappointed they changed stuff that no one asked for and are only making the hero easyer.
Sadly I give it 98% chance they will just push this to live with tiny tiny tweaks like they usually do.
PTR is just to find some bugs and it seems no one at Blizz cares what the community actually thinks about changes.
Letā€™s see what happensā€¦

2 Likes

I give it 100%, because mostly they ā€œare never wrongā€.

1 Like

If thatā€™s the case I might as well just delete the Battlenet launcher all together, no reason to have it installed if I donā€™t play any of the games anymore.

1 Like

Sombra only has a higher win rate than Sombra at the Grandmaster level. Is she better?

As a Sombra main Iā€™d have to agree on most of these points. Balancing Sombra has got to be a mathematical nightmare; in a straight-up 1v1 sheā€™s weeker then most dps characters, however any slight buff to her dmg/spread/etc would turn her ambush into an assassination.

Not to rise out of the blue 3 days later and revive this argument, but I canā€™t help noticing how these sombra changes are now on PTR and a lot of people seem to have cottoned on tot he fact that they are net nerfs to her and donā€™t help her or make her better, because they push her into a niche, weaken her playstyle, incentivize poor teamplay, and donā€™t address any of her actual problems whatsoever.

All things I said would be true in this thread, repeatedly.

For Sombraā€™s sake I hope thereā€™s enough of a community outcry to save her form these awful changes, but that probably wonā€™t happen. So good luck, and have fun.

3 Likes

Prayers that the Sombra doesnt hit two full magazines on them? sureā€¦

well doomfist is a 99% deathchance if he catches any 200hp hero of guard. When you hear that doomfist charging up his alternate fire youre basicly already dead.
Genji can almost instakill McCrees or Widows with a row of headshots and a dashā€¦
gitte can kombokill tracer without a chance of escapeā€¦

Dont you think, Jeff, that 4 meters detection radius in not going to help infiltrate as well as decreased movement speed? Or 2 visual effects, which play when Sombra uses translocator (destruction of translocator + sombra teleportation)? They are not made Sombra easy to play, they are made her even more weak. I think you would better try to decrease invisibility anymationā€™s duration and increase damage up to 10% onto hacked enemies.

4 Likes

That was Geoff, not Jeff xd

Plus, to them itā€™s a success, so nothing to discuss here.

These changes cannot go to Live.

But they will. And all we can do is to watch her fall.

I see the critique of Sombra changes all around. Nobody really likes and/or understands them. I wonder if Blizzard will listen to community on this oneā€¦

Man i donā€™t get why people are whining they canā€™t contest anymore with sombra, a good lucio is better at stalling then sombraā€¦