Sombra rework can we get a hint?

Trust me, the detection radius makes it almost to hard to get on a target to kill, and makes you stay in stealth longer trying to get a better opportunity, knowing youll die if u get detected, as they know where you are going as soon as you are detected.

Her combat is fine. She can pretty much kill most of the roster 1v1, especially other dps heros. One is roadhog, she can melt him in a 1v1. Reindheart is easy.

(But this is not a 1v1 game)

Sure, I understand that. But Sombra style is try and force 1v1s whenever possible, as she is fast to get in there and fight her target before the others react. otherwise, shes gone.

If you increase her DPS to much (and not much more, if it really is needed. Like i said, she can already melt a roadhog) they will nerf her in some other way, possibly a smaller gun magazine.

With her style, I rather have that huge gun magazine, because reloading would hurt the little time shes got when she ambushes.

I counted 11 nerfs if we’re gonna be honest here:

Right now here’s the list:
Buffs:

• Infinite Translocator uptime
  • Infinite stealth (if you’re not shot)

Nerfs:

• Loud as all get out translocator at the same range as live translocator can be heard at
  • Translocator can be destroyed
  • Translocator can be heard up to 20 meters
  • Translocator is targetable by turrets once on the ground (Possibly Moira’s ball, depending on how it’s coded)
  • Can no longer contest while stealthed
  • Can no longer jump certain gaps while stealthed
  • Slower while stealthed by 33% (+75% --> +50% speed boost)
  • Double stealth detection range (2 -->4 meters)
  • When coming to a translocator, the light turns from green to red, warning enemies you’re on your way
  • When coming out of translocator, you make a big bright light radiate from you saying to everyone “I’M HERE NOW PLEASE SHOOT ME BECAUSE I’M DEFENSELESS!”
  • Translocator gets instantly destoryed by almost all projectiles because almost everything does over 5 damage every pellet/bullet/tick of energy.
9 Likes

Indeed. But repeat after me:

THE REWORK IS A SUCCESS.

No u.

Repeat after me:

THIS IS A BUFF

Damn… I didn’t know about the light on the translocator.

Another stealth nerf I had no idea about… I really need to stop reading these Sombra posts, they’re so depressing.

IKR. It’s just sad how they’re ruining what Sombra is and was.

Players say “You should just adapt” but to what? There’s no telling what she’s even supposed to be? According to Blizzard she’s a scout. According to pros, she’s a flanker/disruptor. According to the wiki/other sources, she’s a flanker/disruptor. But she can’t flank because everything she does is loud or bright and she’s easily detected. She’s literally only going to be picked so she can see the enemy team’s hero selection before they show up on the menu.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty convinced that someone on the design team just hates her. I mean it’s utterly baffling to me why a hero that’s way on the bottom of pick and winrate can’t just get a straight up buff. Instead literally every buff she gets is in exchange for nerfs.

• Lower the spread on the SMG, but now your EMP won’t charge as fast.
  • Hack happens faster but now it’s far easier to break and also has a 2 second cooldown on a failure.
  • Translocator is infinite, but now it’s noisy, destructible and gives away when you’re using it.
  • Cloak is infinite, but you get double the detection radius, move slower and can’t contest.

Literally every single Sombra buff has to come with strings attached. The only explanation is that Blizzard just wants her to suck. The only role they want for her is in the trash. I think they will be happy with her only picked to scout the other team early on, since then they can say “Well she was used in OWL” and the Sombra haters can pretend like she’s okay.

6 Likes

Please at this point just give me back February Sombra.

1 Like

IMO, if you’re picking Sombra, you’re sacrificing a lot of straight up damage for speculative tomfoolery and shenanigans. So that means the tomfoolery and shenanigans she can provide BETTER be worth an equal amount if not more than the loss of the firepower if she can pull it off.

I don’t think she offers that right now.

If you’re giving up constant DPS for the potential to shut down other players, then this ability needs to happen often and with ease, otherwise you’re better off with literally any other DPS shooting a constant flow of damage into the enemy,

Imagine the time spent that Sombra isn’t hurling bullets so she can set up to shut down an enemy to 1v1 and MAYBE get a kill. The definite advantage you give up of constant DPS is not in any way made up by her POSSIBLE utility. At all.

You want to make Sombra fair based on the tradeoff for constant DPS? Here we go…

• Instant hack. 5 second cooldown. Hack gives her 50 armor.

• Perma invis, 2 meter detect range.

• 1 sec cooldown on the translocator. Reduce its visibility so it’s not glaringly obvious where it’s at.

That’s a start to test the waters.

1 Like

This is why we’re looked at as a joke.

Players make suggestions like this that are obviously OP but think “It’s a start” and that the change is fine when it’s blatently OP.

Those changes are insanely OP…

If you think an instant hack is ridiculous considering the tradeoff of her not hurling a stream of damage into the fight like every other DPS so she can instead run off in a flank attempt to MAYBE get a kill is somehow overboard then I feel for you.

1 Like

Every time, every single time. Every. Single. Time. Every time Sombra is buffed, she gets two nerfs to accompany it. They say they do it because “it’s really unfun to play against,” when guess what, THAT’S THE ENTIRE GORRAM POINT!!! The point of Sombra is that she stacks the deck against you, making it so you can’t use abilities and making it harder to fight back! Of course it’s not supposed to be fun to fight against! Now though? The only thing that’s not fun is playing Sombra. Blizzard are content to ruin her entire kit, mire it in bugs and pointless reworks that just make her worse to use and they’re content to tell us to go frak ourselves.

Unrelated side note, I need to look up more TV swear words.

Which, spoiler alert, is pretty much the only thing the pros use her for.

2 Likes

People already know that hack is oppressive. It has a timer so it can be countered. You’re suggesting to decrease the cooldown and the time it takes for a successful hack to go through and you think it’s not OP?

Please, stop giving balance suggestions.

It’s about to be the only thing she’s picked for at all at the moment. The pros don’t keep it to just that. Even Fitzy likes her for her enabling/disabling properties with EMP and hack.

I’ve never understood that argument. Every hero is unfun to play against. You think I like getting one shot by Hanzo, Widow, or Doomfist? Or being frozen by Mei? Or getting stuck in a JR trap? Or getting charged into a wall by Rein? Or when I get mowed down by the cleverly positioned Bastion? Or when the Mercy is able to heal up the target I’m shooting and can’t kill them? Etc…
People for some reason reserve this special kind of hate for Sombras who can out-position them and get a hack off. Like oh no, being hacked for 6 seconds is somehow worse than death.

2 Likes

So let’s look at it this way, how much damage do you think Soldier for example can launch into a teamfight in the time that it takes Sombra to stealth around, get a hack off, and try not to get evaporated by everyone around her before she maybe gets a kill, and has to trans away where she will then continue to be of zero use for another 20-30 seconds?

And you think having an instant hack is overboard to make up for what the 76 could add to the team during the same timeframe? To top it off, you’re acting like it’s some kind of instant kill. For heck’s sake dude, it’s a hack, it’s not like you’re preventing the hero from even shooting back at her.

1 Like

kinda agree its 10% buff, 90% net nerf

if they insist to keep this way

atleast give it damage cap to stealth before u forced to appear
something like 50 damage should be good, so dva wont just reveal you by shooting randomly

maybe give it slight 50% opacity when u shooting her, and u need to keep shooting until 50 damage to make her compeletely appear

and maybe give translocator more HP like 50 HP

also keep 75% movement speed bonus plz…

Is there such a thing as a character who’s fun to play against? I mean besides PTR Sombra?

1 Like