Hard to swallow pill - If you never played sombra you dont have an opinion in her rework

Puts their life into it damn man, have someone told you that this is just a game

you realize that people play this game as basically a job? Youtubers/Streamers/etc. Mighty and fitzy are youtubers and streamers respectively, who have put over hundreds of hours into sombra which is basically a job at this point because shes so hard, yea they should be upset about these changes as well as their communities which have played sombra for 100+ hours.

Its like if blizzard buffed reinhardts hammer range by 3m and nerfed his shield by 500 and make his charge have a longer wind up. Do you have any idea how pissed off reinhardt mains/players with actual time into the character would be? I am an ex rein main and ik id be pissed

“If you’ve never made a movie, your opinion on movies don’t matter.”

“If you’ve never built a car, your opinion on cars don’t matter.”

“If you’ve never been president of the United States, your opinion on the president doesn’t matter.”

Actually they do… Yes, they have less mechanical skill and less coordination, but that doesn’t keep people from playing her.

those are different and you know it. Stop comparing irl things to game based characters.

Its more like “if youve never done algebra you dont know how hard it is” that is what the arguments of non sombra mains vs sombra mains or people that know how bad sombra is rn is.

Sombra is worse in lower tiers because these buffs are to ‘make her be able to time attacks better, and wait for the perfect time with her team’, first of all if you were competent you could already do this, and lower ranks dont have the game sense or teamwork to pull off this rework.

In high tiers its going to be worse due to no contesting, destroyable translocator, another ‘effect’ when she teleports mid air making it more noticeable, increasing the detection radius to almost winstons bubble size, and making the translocator being thrown and ‘armed’ sound a lot louder, and slower movement speed during stealth so she cant make some jumps/etc she could before.

They didnt buff/fix what was wrong with sombra besides the bugs, but the guns problems, and the very inconsistent hack are still there. So now sombra has MORE problems than she did before.

sombras rework is more nerfs than there are ‘buffs’ which werent asked for by sombra players and didnt really change anything in a good way since the good sombras already knew how to do it even while timed.

No, they are not different. You are trying to marginalize peoples opinions based on experience. That’s exactly what my examples do too.

the experiences are different, as well as viewpoint, unless youre the president you dont know how hard running the country actually is, you know its hard but not how hard.

It does, The reason i created this trhead was to make people think before they claim sombra rework is good since it would be terrible for the people who actually care/ play sombra. It was not to make arguments about the rework, that goes to the ptr feedback forum

So because I don’t main a character I can’t have an opinion?

Because you dont play the least played hero you shouldnt tell blizzard good job! and let this nerf put the last nail in the coffin of sombra

And you can have an opinion, i dont own the forums, but i would like you to dont post it if it is a nerf for sombra

disagree… I have zero time with Sombra at level 1300+ but it’s still rather clear that most Sombra player are still playing her 100% wrong.
The evidence to back that up is the team is only 6 players and in almost every single case 4 of those slots are hard locked into support and tanks picks. Leaving two DPS only slots, maybe only one if it’s triple tank or triple support.

If your tanks are running team fight winning ULTs of a CC/fight initiation ULT then your team needs DPS to be running finishing ULTs. They don’t need yet another fight initiation based ULT in the EMP. They also don’t need a DPS hero that isn’t on the front line and is doing 50% less damage over all due Brigitte’s ULT and armor based healing…

Sombra will have her place in future meta plays and team comps, maybe. She can also work great now on certain maps, certain counters and so on but for the most part these changes to Sombra has no impact on her being a horrible pick right now for most of the SR range.

too little DMG, no burst DMG, no finisher level ULT, 50% less DMG output due to Brigitte. You don’t need ANY time with her to see the issues. In fact I would counter that those of us who play against and with Sombra players are more objective about her place in the game than those who force her into a team comp.

But muh opinion in subjective objectivity is the truth. - Everyone ever.

The sombra changes are bad. They would have been buffs if the teade offs werent so steep but her impact in actual combat still wouldve been lack luster.

They really need to go back to drawing board on this and swallow that pride of theirs if not i better hope hammind is a home run for me or ill consider dropping the game again until they regain some semblance of sanity.

11 hours on sombra here. Grandmaster player.

She was destroyed, they took her dying, blood covered body and threw it into a volcano.

If a level 3 see this help me please
h ttps://image.ibb.co/hBPo4d/fix.jpg

Hey community, here is my newest thread: Improvements to Sombra2.0

Check it out, and leave your feedback!

1 Like

Preach my friend!

#SaveSombra

See that’s where I take issue because you just admitted you won’t accept an uneducated opinion unless it’s in your favor. “Helping” is only dependent on your stance

1 Like

You could also name this thread

“If you don’t have the same opinion, you’re wrong”

And it would be the same thread.

2 Likes

Because you are simply wrong, everyone thinks these are majorly buffs because everyone who says they are buffs hasnt put in any time into sombra so they dont know the correct way to play her, aka the only viable way, and it definitely wasnt this way.

Everyone who thinks these changes are buffs, please put actual time into sombra more than 30m, or the 0 you probably have, or ask the people that know how to play sombra.