Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main

They don’t listen or care about mega threads. Remember the D.va megathreads? There were 17 of them… And the D.va mains concern is that DM was not fun for them. But it hit anyway, and D.va being overly dependent on DM wasn’t adjusted until everyone else realized it wasn’t fun. But the whole fiasco could have been prevented if Blizzard had listened to D.va mains in the first place, who were requesting less emphasis on being a DM bot, but were told by the principal balance dev that she “just wasn’t meant for anything else.”

3 Likes

New addition: SombraCam

Do you think it would be too much… if they simply REVERTED the nerf on LoS hacks? I mean… that entire patch is what allowed her to work at all finally… and it was for 2 weeks.

She wasn’t oppressive like Brigitte and she isn’t a killing machine like any other flanker. Her job was to hack people and ensure barrier tanks especially have a bad time. They… they took her job!

By them keeping health packs from giving us ult charge while ensuring hacks continue to be unreliable… I just don’t get it.

That would help her, but that’s also frustrating on the receiving end of it. If it worked how it did before…it would just be unfair all over again.

These changes don’t address core issues with her kit - everything is interrupted by chip damage. This enhances that problem. :confused:

I think a revert to Season 8 would be objectively orders of magnitude better than what we have now.

Don’t get me wrong, it would still suck, but it would be better.

3 Likes

Sombra, the latina badass hacker who can turn invisible, disable enemy abilities and teleport.

The hero in a a shooter.

Her only weakness, drumroll…bullets

3 Likes

Double down on weaknesses. That’s how it works, doesn’t it?

You guys actually expected Blizzard to take into account detailed feedback from Sombra players and make intelligent changes based on that, rather than push through bullheaded adjustments that will absolutely go live regardless of constructive criticism from the community?

Ana says hello.

2 Likes

To be fair, most people are weak to bullets, but I get what you mean (chip damage)

Best reply ever :joy:

1 Like

I have a feeling you celebrated too early there Somvra.
Don’t say Hop before you leap.
Let’s hope we can get this reverted.
Just keep the moral up.

1 Like

BTW, to those BASTION lovers out there who were complaining about Sombra getting attention first, beware of what you ask for, for you’ll probably get even more shafted than before when you do get the attention!

Apparently.

They care more about how frustrating she COULD POSSIBLY be for the enemy team. But it’s totally 100% fine to screw her and make her absolutely frustrating to play.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Technically, she just chips a nail from bullets and it phases her to stop hacking.

I’d be upset too tbh.

And disables her cloaking
And might break her translocator

Wow, that’s stupid😂

man I can’t believe it😭

I should have seen this coming.

4 Likes

sigh

I hate how true that is. :joy:

can you all go play some roadhog now

I guess it’s time for me to give up Sombra for good.
Goodbye old friend, you will be missed.

2 Likes