Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main

I feel like she will have a greater skill ceiling. I always thought that Sombra players should place their translocator in a more secure spot. They should have been destroyable in the first place.

I really hate how the devs want Sombra to be a so called scout. She cant have this function if people dont speak, and even then the only thing she can tell her team that every pther person cant see with their own god damn eyes is if someone has ult, which she can only see when she uses hack.
Hack as many might know have a few bugs.
And if she hacks someone you really have to hope that they are already damaged or your team is their to help you because most characters can beat sombra as she is now, also if she hacks someone she de-cloaks and the snimation for cloaking again takes some time so she cant use that to flee. So this is where the translocator comes in, but hey some random shot might have destroyed it so what to do then?

Oh back to the spawnroom you go. Better luck next time

1 Like

At least her entire kit and core mechanics/playstyle weren’t uprooted and changed said the Sym main.

2 Likes

I’m impressed really, they managed to nerf Sombra even more.

Now one of my favorite tactics of chucking a translocator in an obvious spot to distract an enemy only to machinegun them when they turn to camp it is gone.

2 Likes

Right tossing a translocator in the middle of a death all made them scatter

A scout is downright useless in a first person shooter game.

I don’t think they understand that.

5 Likes

Yeah but remember random shots can now disable every ability she has except for her ult.
-hack 1 damage
-cloak 1 damage
-translocator 5 damage
And the cooldowns as i understand it are still there

please tell me how playtesting went very well? they clearly have no one of the team that plays sombra.

4 Likes

Maybe we will get an energy drink and baseball bat during the next rework lol

Cooldowns are all still there :roll_eyes:

Yeeeeup. I still don’t see her hacking being a fluid and bug-free mess and maybe it never will be. OW doesn’t need a scout when Widow ult and Hanzo sonic arrow exist anyways, plus Genji or Tracer can kill people rather than “scout” them as a flanker… reliably.

2 Likes

I love how people still calling them “buffs”.

3 Likes

I had such high hopes for her when they announced on the forums the infinite stealth and translocator duration. I thought it would help with her scouting abilities and hunting down critical hp targets. Uh…nope it actually really doesn’t. Add to that, the translocator being able to be destroyed while in air from the moment it left your hands by any random dva bullet, moira orb, torb turret focus, sym turret, winston gun, literally anything damaging, well using that in a team fight to get out of dodge is very very very very very difficult.

Tldr: Hoped it would be buffs, turns out they’re actually nerfs :confused: RiP Sombra

5 Likes

Blizzard never seize to amaze me, to make something so great and treat it so wrong

3 Likes

#RevertSombra to season 8.

2 Likes

Such disappointing balance changes.

Just remove her 2cd nerf and fix her bugs. It’s not that hard.

2 Likes

We are only a few nerfs away from making the spectator camera better than Sombra.

19 Likes

Honestly? I don’t blame the people who despise the dev team anymore.

I’ve tried to be hopeful. I lost confidence when they rushed her nerf straight into life servers. I still thought they had some credibility and chances to fix it.

But…nah. Not anymore. They keep proving that they’re flat-out ignoring Sombra mains (WHO KNOW HER BEST) and putting in things no one has EVER suggested or asked for.

I’ve lost faith in them entirely. They’d have to really go back, re-examine these changes, and work on them avidly and ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO MAIN HER for me to regain my trust in them…

And it’s sad that I feel this way.

12 Likes

This made my day.

Bully for you.

7 Likes

I laughed so hard.

Oh god, it’s true, too. Lol.

2 Likes