Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main

Because now using stealth is a joke? The enemy team can detect you from double the range they can now, and the increase is pretty noticeable when you play. They want Sombra to be played as an infiltrator, okay, but the change to her stealth detection range contradicts that. Also if you want to use translocator mid-fight to reposition yourself, it’s going to be destroyed because of the amount of random bullets that always fly everywhere.

Yeah I noticed the range, but as a person who played a lot of stealth classes in shooters. (I go back to Infiltrator in Planetside) I can play around the range pretty easily.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have to.

It’s not necessary. She’s terrible as is.

It’s the 2 second interrupt on Hack all over again. Some smartass says “Oh, it won’t be a big deal, we can play around it.”

Why in hell should we? Why the hell should we be playing around absolutely unnecessary, unwarranted nerfs on the actual worst hero in the game?

11 Likes

You’re right, but Blizzard never listens. Instead they’ll take note of our complaints and push it live and let it sit for a week or two, then they’ll be like. “Oh, we saw this all along.” And either A) Nerf her harder or B) Remove some of the drawbacks… SLIGHTLY.

You guys act like we haven’t seen this before.

You need to stop saying “Well it’s okay, we’ll play around.” Playing this BS down isn’t helping anyone.

2 Likes

I didn’t see “WE” will play around it. I said “I” would play around it.

1 Like

I wonder why Geoff didn’t say a word about these nerfs when he hinted about the changes. Unbelievable…

5 Likes

You think that helps?

Because the GLORIOUS LEAGUE™ hates Sombra.

Don’t care if it does or not. Read my other post up there - I already know what Blizzard is going to do. Push live. Sit for a week or two. Then nerf further or buff very slightly.

Its how they do things.

1 Like

Lower than 0.45? I think it’s going to hover around the same, actually.

Also, if you want a translocater to be unharmed, you cannot keep the infinite time on it. It would be too OP.

Oh i got an idea why.

100% for sure. The changes make her garbage.

That’s fine, I didn’t ask for an infinite timer on it.

6 Likes

Don’t know if it helps Sombra mains, but us Lucio mains understand your pain. We have been dealing with a dev team that thinks how he played effectively is completely different from how is actually played effectively. We’ve been able to blunt a few nerfs, but not all.

The key might be feedback from any OWL pros that play her. It’s what helped us.

These don’t change much how she plays, they just make her objectively worse.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t plummet too worse than it already is. The lowest I see it going down to is probably 0.3%

Of course not. They shouldn’t add any infinite timing on her abilities. It’s useless and they have to nerf key things to make it work. Increasing time isn’t bad, but going from 15 seconds or whatever it was to infinite is a complete overhaul. Make it 30 seconds. That would be fine. I personally think Sombra shouldn’t be able to contest invisible at all. I think that isn’t right.

Gotta love how a supposed “Sombra buff” patch actually contains 4 nerfs.

13 Likes

If they want to continue with this, remove hack interruption CD.

1 Like

Same.

Blizzard clearly can’t get her right. They don’t have any idea, and they keep ignoring the actual people who main her.

There’s no point…they’re going to ruin her. :confused: I don’t want to deal with this anymore.

THEY DIDN’T EVEN FIX HER BUGS LMAO.

It’s insulting.

7 Likes

The funny part is I hated feeling rushed when I played her. I always felt like I was on a constant cooldown unable to wait for right times to make her work. So these buffs are exactly what I wanted. I might actually pick her up now.

1 Like