Sombra PTR Changes from a Sombra Main

Don’t worry, after a week then people will stop playing her, leaving her to the true Sombra Mains.

1 Like

Do you think there is a chance for this nightmare to end?

Word is that Blizzard has reached out to Danteh (well known owl sombra player) for his feedback on the changes and he hates them, so at least there’s hope they don’t hit live with this patch. I think they are smart enough to know they messed up here.

1 Like

That’s a good sign. Danteh knows the problems. If I was Blizzard, I’d shoot an e-mail to Fitzy and Mightyy as well. Heck, maybe EVERYONE who’s been posting about changing Sombra for the better, just to get a good number of opinions and draw a more accurate consensus.

4 Likes

Well if is all true maybe there is still hope.
Gosh its not so often that pros and casuals all agree

1 Like

That is quite rare, that pepole of all skill levels are all pretty much on the same wavelength.

3 Likes

We can only hope, but remember that the “new hero” ptrs are longer than the normal ones so the earliest it will hit live is probably July 11th. That leaves plenty of time for them to get feedback, and if they’re seeking Sombra players feedback on day 2 I’d say that the changes probably won’t make it to the live version.

3 Likes

It’s been two days since the PTR patch went up and they’ve already got loads of feedback, if the forums are anything to go by.

1 Like

You know… it kinda reunited as all. All the true Sombra mains.
My respect to all of you guys. That you choosed the hard way and took your time to learn her

Your words are like a beacon of light to me. Thank you.
Lets hope

Exactly, boat loads of negative feedback in 2 days and they sought out the pro Sombra players to get their opinions is only good news for us that really hate these changes.

Shes actually better? I mean like she can infinitely be invisible, meaning she can go to enemy spawn and see what way they’re going. Her teleport is better because if you’re invisible and go into a whole enemy team its easier to back out because the teleporter wont be destroyed while youre in mid fight. And the fact that it wont contest while invisible is actually a buff because then you can pass through point and get behind easier. Literally its her original kit, but better. Movement speed doesnt matter if it lasts indefinitely. Translocater being destroyable doesnt matter if you place it in the right spot.

A question. Answer: No. She is much worse in every measurable way.

1 Like

She has literally not been effected at all in a bad way. Its literally the same abilities but the length is stretched

Lets make it simpler to understand:

Buffs:

• Infinite stealth
  • Infinite translocator
  • Translocator can be canceled

Nerfs:

• Movement speed increase in stealth reduced from +75% to +50%
  • Can no longer contest point while in stealth
  • Range detected while in stealth increased from 2 meters to 4 meters
  • Translocator can be destroyed by the enemy (It has 5 health)

There’s no way anyone with any time at all on Sombra can see these changes as an overall buff.

3 Likes

Well you are right as long as you use her in the basic way.
For the players that mastered her the only good change is that she can now destroy her translocator.

1 Like

Speed doesnt matter if it lasts forever
Contesting the point doesnt matter beause anyone with decent prediction can shoot her anyway, and she can run through behind the point easier by not contesting
Range i will give you
It doesnt matter if it can be destroyed if you can place it well

Wow. I’d rather just keep Sombra as she is, broken though she may be.

3 Likes

Well apparently you know better than the pro/best Sombra players in the world, the players like us with hundreds of hours on her, anyone with a brain that can understand that applying 5 kit crushing nerfs and 3 small un-needed buffs to THE worst hero in the game would not help.

4 Likes

its not kit crushing
Literally the same ability just a bit different