Sombra new ability idea “Omniblade”- add your own too

As a Sombra main, I hate the changes. I don’t want them to go live and agree with so many more that Blizzard is going in the wrong direction. However, it seems to me like Blizzard wants to make her be sort of like the Spy from TF2. And one ability the spy has is that insta kill melee. What if Sombra got something sort of like it? Not as powerful obviously. Like she could go behind the enemy, and since she can stay invisible for as long as she wants, she can wait for a slower player like zen to come out, and instead of simply decloaking, she could melee her way out of invis (maybe with a knife too). And a backstab could deal extra damage. This may seem OP, but with all the nerfs this change will give her, she could use something like this. Maybe I don’t have the best idea, but someone else might. So what’s are your guys opinions on this? Or your own ideas to save Sombra at this
Point?

Edit: Also id reduce The detected distance from 4 to 3 or increase her speed by 10%. Hopefully both. The ability could be called Omniblade too

4 Likes

I like this ideas as Sombra original concept weapon was throwing knives, but I think this will receieve so much negative feedback from the community to the point that Blizzard will nerf her even more so. I love your idea as I think I seen this idea twice now… one person said that she can have an poison dagger when she melee out of stealth mode (inflicting bonus damage)

I like this idea, but I am afraid that the community will not have the same opinion about this one.

5 Likes

is sombra a new hero i havent heard of? havent seen them in my games

4 Likes

this is what i would do.
get rid of translocate with some ult steal ability that does some damage (virus)(kind of like ana sleep dart projectile type) and power up her gun to make her a true dps first utility second.

this would make it so she cant run away and makes you go all in the team fight. plus you can make stealth faster and bring back duration with this. plus even lower the cooldown by half just cuz it wouldn’t be game breaking and that’s her mobility option. plus give her like a wall climb like in her animated short while in stealth.

anyway thats how i would make her. make her a roll character, kind of like doomfist

cuz her gun is the reason she isnt really played, but you cant power it up because she can just run away so this is what i thought of.

The things I’d change about Sombra

Machine Pistol Damage / Spread / Falloff - Unchanged
Hack Range / Duration / Cast Time - Unchanged

• Changes to Hack effect
    Hack pauses enemy cooldowns for duration of Hack
    Hacked enemies display Ult Percentage above them
    Enemy Ult % also shows up on the Tab menu for 20 second
    Hack causes Shield Health decay of 15HP per second
    EMP destroys all Shields on any contact surface, not just source of shield

• Changes to Translocator
    Translocator on an 18 second duration instead of 20
    Translocator cooldown reset upon expiry
    Translocator unable to be manually reset or destroyed by player
    Translocator indestructible or at least 30~50 HP if necessary

• Changes to Stealth
    Change Stealth to a Resource Meter - 6 seconds uptime, 6 seconds recharge
    Stealth detection range of 2 meters
    Stealth has 15 damage per second threshold before Invis breaks
    Stealth goes on an actual 6 second cooldown if more than 15 damage taken during stealth

• Additional Ability Rework Ideas:
    Melee during Stealth applies 30 Melee + 45 venom damage over time
    Melee damage applied before the Stealth exit animation
    Melee during Stealth puts it on an actual 6 second cooldown

• Ridiculously OP Ability Rework Idea:
    Translocator grants +35 Shield Health or Overheals per enemy player within 5 meters of translocating, with a duration of 4 seconds.

These are the only changes I’d want to apply without making her ridicuously OP… and I think even this is pushing the envelope a little bit.

… actually, let me make a separate thread about this

Yea I formed my idea from there and another post where someone compared her to the spy from TF2. It gives her weaker invisibility ability a great buff and if they can just adjust the translocator, then I’d be fine with these changes. She was always viewed As a back line assassin by some, and this could really help her pickrate go up as well as winrate for once by eliminating key players. It might see the return of dive a bit but I still think it’s a great addition to such a weak hero

We just have to wait, hopefully Blizzard reconsider these PTR changes.

I much prefer the live Sombra with just bug fixes and minor buffs than the PTR Sombra mixed in with this suggestion I gave but if The patch goes live, I really want her to have a new ability to compensate for her weak tool kit

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

If she’s gets changed I would like to play her as a back line assassin and not a “scout”. With a stronger melee when coming out of invis at least it gives her a use for being invisible forever. Just go backstabbing people

You could even call her knife “Omniblade,” as a reference to what she was called in beta.

1 Like

We just have to wait honestly.

I like this.

1 Like

Lmao, big mood. :slight_smile: :wink:

That’s amazing. I didn’t even think of that. I’m gonna add it to my post

I was kidding about that, but thinking about it, it has potential.

I wanted the omniblade concept to return somehow

It did…it got called Genji.

Seriously, maybe give her an Omniblade legendary skin some time, Blizzard? Never let the PTR changes go through, though.

Some would argue that her “nerfs” are actually buffs and that she doesn’t need such an ability.

They don’t want Sombra to be a stealth assassin though.

Yea I meant a skin like Lucios Equalizer. Or maybe Genji gets the skin. I just wanna see the Omniblade concept brought back