Sombra nerf is proof that dev dont balance the game but choose the meta

To be positive I feel like devs are nerfing sombra’s hack and emp to test if they can increase her damage. After 2-2-2 becoming a thing sombra’s damage will be too weak and give hard pressure to the other dps to perform better than playing with other dps heroes.

To some people who will say sombra has the same damage as Tracer, no, Tracer has 3 blink and 1 recall to keep her into the fight, she can use those tools to engage, dodge shots, and stays in close range; Sombra only has one translocator and she has to use stealth to engage first. It means that she can’t stay in the fight as long as Tracer does and she also can’t stay too close to enemy because she either use translocator to dodge projectile or die.

2 Likes

But then they would have put that into the game along with her nerfs, no? It would have made logical sense to give some sort of compensation instead of straight up nerf bat knowing full well she was already weak when it comes to 2DPS setup.

1 Like

Idk dude, use your imagination, when you meet a troll who won’t play the game as they really should be, they do whatever they do.
How my team didn’t catch on? I don’t know, I’m just a tank that is too busy with my job.
I don’t have a POV camera for sombra.

All I’m saying is that sombra triggers the ever living crap outta me when I get chain hacked over and over, not claiming she is OP, not claiming anything of the like, just stating that I hate it. And that’s a fair thing to say. I hate it. It honestly doesn’t happen very often, but when it does I go from calm to grinding my teeth and feeling a pulse under my left eye that is always followed by a migraine, sombra makes me that mad I LITERALLY cause myself physical pain.

This is where you laugh at me for letting myself get that way, because honestly, even I can see the humor in me getting triggered by it, but it triggers me none the less, and in the moment, I’m livid. So take this chance to have a laugh at my expense, I’ll be laughing too, at myself. Just until I get the next hack troll sombra, and then I’m back to seething :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are already tons of ppl who can’t hear sombra decloaking depite 0.7 secs decloaking time and 0.65 secs hacking time and a huge announcement to everyone that she’s been here all along.

If devs just straight up buff her damage she wouldn’t even need her hack because she can just decloak behind enemy and kill them with one clip in lower ranks.

Devs are afraid of dealing sombra’s issue now, she’s never been fine but ppl still hate her. The first step for them is to keep whiners silent and collect data.

1 Like

I’m also a tank main, i used to be a one trick until i learned how strong Orisa is at holding a choke and picked up the heroes that gave me a hard time so i can then use them to take out the enemy Orisa if we run into a stubborn one, one of those DPS was Sombra.

The flip side is that i also learned how those flankers worked, especially on what they’re likely doing when they’re out of sight.

For Sombra to get back at you that fast, she would have had to setup her translocator practically on top of you. She also shows the direction of her teleporter when she escapes so you also have the ability estimate where she went. Usually that teleporter would point at a healthpack, so now you know exactly where Sombra is. If there was a Genji that can chase after her, he would have found Sombra with her stealth on cooldown, and near her translocator.

Regardless, after a teleport, she needs to wait 4 seconds to plant another one, then wait for her cloak to get off cooldown, cloak and find her way around the crossfire and find a position she can get to without getting hit (Which you can predict)

He probably didn’t notice because his team were already taking care of her for him without him knowing.

I’m the tank at the front, she can’t hack me through my shield so she would have to be behind me, but my team is there. And she came back so fast because, like i said above, she’s setup right on top of us and the Junkrat just walked in the direction her teleporter pointed her to and killed her before i could get her myself (i had to turn around and drop a shield first)

I suggest that you do what i did. Pick up Sombra and put in around 60 hours learning how to use her (Even 20 would do). You’ll learn what she sounds like, what routes she takes, how to position yourself when there’s a Sombra, where she’s likely to appear, etc. You hear her decloak, you know where the doors are, so just by hearing the first note of her decloak, you already have a good idea of where she is and turn towards her.

5 Likes

Yeah, I know what I’m supposed to do vs a normal sombra, just I have the tumor called Reinhardt, I can’t seem to stop picking him, I have 800 hours on him.

If sombra does bully me into submission I do pick orisa since it’s not as bad being hacked by her.

But she still gets under my skin, every single hack reminding me of my most traumatic sombra experiences >:C As Rein though, there is little I can do when I’m engaging and then a sombra either forces me to turn around and shield the hack and feed, so I like to try trust my teammates to deal with her before she can get hacks off, doesn’t always work though :confused:

For the record, I still hate her, like alot. No amount of her actually being balanced is going to make me not hate her.
Actually, there is one thing I WISHED was different. Hack ends when she translocates or dies (the non ultimate hack that is, leave emp untouched) just because it’s honestly better to accept your fate when you get hacked, even if you win the 1v1 you’re still screwed. But again, that’s just me self servicing because I hate her and I don’t expect what I say on any sombra subject to ever be taken seriously and that’s probably for the best, because I’m that biased.

I’m a sombra main and you’re right, it’s actually harder to hack Orisa than Rein because her shield is not a thin rectangle so sombra has to be behind her to hack her, and it often happens that after hacking orisa she already puts up another shield.

Her decloak sound is pretty loud so it always confuses me why people have problems finding her, I always tickle her with moira and she often can’t even land a hack on my teammates and forced to teleport out.

In your video clip your team has roadhog orisa and junkrat, two of them are hard counters and Orisa is a soft counter, in this case I will stay with my team and help destroy orisa shield and hack roadhog if he’s trying to flank us. But a better choice is that I switch to mei.

Did you see the number of tanks nerfs and anti goats buffs they made a few months ago?

Yeah they do sometimes balance around metas. They don’t even hide it. This isn’t anything new.

1 Like

That’s a Reinhardt thing i’m afraid, guess i’m lucky my preferred tank is CC resistant. If she really is good enough to repeatedly survive despite you knowing how to handle a normal one, then you’re dealing with a Sombra main, you’re going to need your DPS to pay attention to her as well.

Hero mains are a different ballgame, i can handle a flex Tracer and Genji, but if they’re mains, i’ll need my team to deal with them as well.

1 Like

I’m not going to pretend that Sombra doesn’t put a damper on Rein, or that I haven’t completely shut him down many times and bullied him from the second he steps out of spawn.

But I’ve also played against numerous Reins that single handedly “forced” me to swap off Sombra. Not because he was killing me…ever really, but simply because he was denying me any value and I’d be better served on any other character in game.

The biggest difference between the two, is the Reins I can’t touch are much more aware and apparently had ballerina lessons. If the second time I go to hack him(cause let’s all be honest, the first one is free. Sombra has the surprise advantage, after that it’s on your team), he flick spins a near instant 360 and goes back to shielding his team I’m gonna go swap to shield break. That one move and listening for her destealth will break the majority of all but drop Hacks(and drop hacks on Rein to initiate are literal suicide unless it’s to set up Shatter). You don’t need to turn around and shield up Sombra, just a quick flick to break LoS will do. Also if she’s hanging frontline with her Rein/Orisa don’t firestrike, that 7-20% charge isn’t worth risking your teams’ shield.

Again, it isn’t and shouldn’t ever be Rein’s job to keep Sombra off his back, like it’s not his job to keep Mei or Reaper off him. She counters Rein, but that’s why you have a team. I’m just saying Rein isn’t helpless against Sombra, even if his team is failing him, there are a few steps he can attempt to adapt before going “Welp, looks like I’m playing Orisa this match…”

1 Like

Not every balance change is going to be aimed at every level of play.

Sombra’s changes just happened to be aimed at the extreme high end.

Her Hack change won’t really do anything in high elo where people call hacks and focus fire, but losing that 1s will hurt her in low elo where fights drag out and TTK is much longer.

Isn’t the usual response we get when we say something is unfun to play that fun is subjective? I guess it only ever matters if something is unfun to play against

I stopped right here. Please stop lying and stop asking for unnecessary changes to her. Learn to play her or around her.

2 Likes

I stopped right here. Get out of plat or however low on the ladder you exist at and realize your pov is not universal.

1 Like

EMP is a busted ability and I am more than happy to see a nerf.

EMP quite literally has zero counterplay. Sombra doesn’t have real counters.

The BEST SOMBRA IN THE WORLD has stated that, when played by a smart player, Sombra has no counters. She can play exactly how she wants and completely become uncounterable.

Please tell me more about how Muffin is lying. Tell me the fun and simple counterplay to EMP, I’m honestly dying to know. Because these changes aren’t unnecessary at all.

1 Like

Well yeah. She goes from high end rank being the only rank shes viable in to not being viable in any rank.

1 Like

I completely agree. Sombra needed a complete rebalancing. EMP needed a nerf for being so one sided, but the rest of her kit 100% needed buffs, not just as compensation, but in general. A flat nerf to both EMP and base hack was not the way to go here.

Indeed, it is entirely subjective.

It’s entirely pointless for us to argue between ourselves since, as human beings, we’re all allowed to have differing opinions. The thing to remember is that the devs are human beings too, so they have their own opinions on the matter. Ones that we still can’t really argue with because, again, it’s all subjective.

Only difference is, their opinions are the only ones that matter, and they’re free to do what they like with their game.

LOL.

Says the one asking for further nerfs to an already underperforming hero.

It’s not our fault that you’re completely blinded by your anger nd hate towards one hero. :roll_eyes:

And the ad-hominem attack, wow. The forums never fail to disappoint.