Sombra nerf is proof that dev dont balance the game but choose the meta

nerf the worst winrate because she s crazy op
-what are you talking? Sombra has the worst winrate of all heroes : 46% she in f tier almost a troll pick
-because bronze and silver dont know how to play her
she s op in good hand in high rank
-ho high rank? sombra negative winrate in diamond
-yeah but above you know
-sombra has a negative winrate in masterso?
-yeah but above you know grand master the best rank of the game you know the 1% of this game
-sombra has an average winrate in gm
-yeah but because you need coordination in owl you know the 0.000000001% of this game
-sombra was picked in owl just the last 2 stage and in stage 2* she had still a negative winrate she was favored by the goats meta since she s the best counter with 222 she was already out of the meta

So sombra the worst heroes has been nerfed because maybe in stage 3 the 0.0001% of the game she has a postive winrate and because she was picked(
while you have heroes like lucio rein zarya picked since the release of this game but it s ok) because she was good in a meta that will disapear next stage

yeah they did it

so stop telling sombra is op in good hand because it s a lie even in owl she didnt dominate the meta

in high rank she s bad
overall sombra has the worst winrate of all heroes
and she has 2 nerfed because she “feels” opressive for me a headshot is more opressive it s subjective the dev are just choosing what is fun or not for us exactly like in first season when they let all defense heroes : mei junk hanzo beeing bad because they were thinking if those heroes were ok it will be “opressive”

dev just choose the meta
stop talking about balance patch it s just " our meta patch"
they made the same mistake as season 1 jeff clearly admit they knew that some heroes was garbage but they let them down because they think they would be opressive

same thing with sombra, if your perception is wrong that s your problem I bring fact and statistic from bronze to owl sombra is not op at all in owl and is super weak for 99% of the game from bronze to master

51 Likes

Sombra is honestly super hard to balance. The entire idea about her playstyle is to play around her team, which is super hard on ladder, but means that trying to balance for her on ladder makes her super powerful in OWL. I think they’ve just decided to balance her around OWL players instead, since the only other real thing is just to rework her.

17 Likes

What nerf? what u talkin bout

This one:

3 Likes

It’s almost as if the developers of a game have a goal in mind to keep that game fun, as opposed to satisfying some arbitrary stats.

Bah, who am I kidding? Who would ever prioritize enjoyment when it comes to playing a game?

24 Likes

I mean, don’t make the devs up for everything.
Many players cried about Sombra being sleeper-op, that includes the forums or OWL-tank players like Super.

Sombra is just an unhealty character that no one wants to play with or against, the game doesn’t need any more point and click equalizers that diminsh the skill cap of the game and force people to switch off. She needs a rework in order to be a stealth assassin instead of a backline disrupter, it’d be healthier for the game if she were more individually impactful instead of rage inducing.

6 Likes

I agree with you specially in 222 her dps is weak
they need to compensate her nerf with buff to her gun unless they think it s opressive

in history of ow sombra is the first heroes beeing nerf while she was in F tier with the worst winrate of this game

1 Like

SOmbra hard counters tanks.

Hammond is forced to swtich if sombra on enemy team.

2 Likes

yeah like pharah is forced to switch against hitscan

this game is about switching and countering heroes

11 Likes

I don’t think the nerfs actually do much, 5 seconds is still a long time and EMP remains difficult to punish - these are like Defense Matrix level slaps on the wrist. They could probably stand to give her 50% max fall off damage or something, but I think she just needs to go back to the drawing board with Hack and EMP changes and a better gun all around.

3 Likes

it s not a slap on the wrist at all for the worst heroes

emp had 3 nerf:
-cast time
-hack duration
-ult charge sombra power was more on his ult she was an emp bot outside of her ult she s almost afk
she the most hurt by the ult charge nerf

those 3 nerf combined arent small at all

reminder we are talking about a troll pick who need a BUFF ACTUALLY it s a slap on the face on sombra player who where waiting for a buff

6 Likes

I would argue that simply hack more visible would greatly benefit Sombra across all ranks as it allows your teammates to instantly spot a hacked target and move in.

As for buffs for her gun I’m thinking reduced spread and slower bloom speed.

So

Spread: 2.5

Bloom Time: 0.5s
Spread recovery: 0.01-0.3s

Basically her Machine Pistol starts out with perfect accuracy but the spread gets worse as you continue to fire.

I do have other ideas for Sombra but I’ll go into that later.

I agree. I’m not that salty about them shifting things into a certain meta or that they keep certain heroes bad while promoting other heroes or that they nerf heroes a few months early with no other reason but because they counter the new hero that they’re going to release. What I’m salty about is how they openly look into our eyes and outright lie about it. If they wanted to balance the game properly around each heroes’ realistic potential in high tier they wouldn’t have nerfed D.va or Torb in the last patch, but what I’m waiting for is that both D.va and Torb are good against Sigma and if that’s the case… well they should be ashamed of themselves

1 Like

ladder meta is decided by what’s strongest with the least effort required

pro meta is decided by what’s more objectively powerful, so heroes like sombra and winston are more likely to be more dominant in owl than they are in ladder

STOP lying sombra wasnt dominant at all in owl
stage 1 sombra wasnt even pick
stage 2 negative winrate
stage 3 probably positive but not a lot

a heroes who are a meciocre winrate and which is not mandatory pick is not a dominant heroes at all

both stage pickrate not close to other other heroes
sombra wasnt in every matches

if sombra was " dominant" in owl so lucio rein zarya dva are supreme tier

9 Likes

sombra was dominant in stage 3, having the third best pickrate towards the end
characters like sombra have actually taken over contenders (mostly korea) numerous times while ladder and even owl didn’t touch her, notably with the sombra dive meta and hackfist

also pls read the “likely to be dominant” part and don’t try to misconstrue it as something completely different

all your last line says is “if she’s dominant so must these heroes” as if anyone reasonable would deny the dominance of goats as a whole in stage 3 (sombra had higher pickrates than all tanks towards the end of stage 3) and d.va’s reign of the competitive scene since nearly forever

either way my statement still stands: ladder will always run what has the best difficulty-strength ratio instead of what’s actually the best (see grav dragon and mass rez in ladder)

So for you sombra was dominant in owl because she had a big pickrate in stage 3?

Also personally I saw more tanks than sombra I am not sure who has the wrong perception but I know we dont have yet the stat from winstonlabs for stage 3

but even if it s true I dont think we can tell sombra is dominant because she had a good pickrate in stage
she wasnt existant in stage 1 and negative winrate in stage 2
while other heroes like ANA are really dominant pickrate and winrate stage 1, 2 , 2 and even previous season
that s what I called a “dominant” heroes in owl

no, i said likely to be dominant, which is different than “is dominated throughout literally all of owl”
she has the potential to dominate owl, and she only dominated owl just recently (she had a 56% in the last week, with the best tank pickrate being 44%)
she was decent early in season 2 as well, but not very strong since goats was overwhelmingly dominant and unnerfed so she stayed situational and team-specific

i never said she dominated owl throughout its entirety so please stop saying i did

if you looked at omnicmeta as the stage progressed you could see a sharp increase in sombra pickrates in the last few weeks, with sombra ending with the some of the highest pickrates of all heroes for the last several weeks in a row as sombra goats became more and more meta and teams started running more dpses

one of the very worst pickrates in season 1 and bad pickrates in early season 2 since nobody ran ana goats and sombra goats wasn’t common enough to necessitate an ana
she spiked quite a bit in the end of the latest stages, just like sombra, and she peaked about the same overall
if you want to discuss universally dominant heroes, refer to d.va or zenyatta

1 Like

I wonder if any of the people who propose Sombra should be an assasin ever play supports, because I tell you if she was it’d be even more stupid than getting repeatedly headshoted by smurfing Widow.

13 Likes