Sombra is played in nearly every game of OWL

No one has to

You do a dandy job yourself. While there is some controversy in how accurate Overbuff is, denying any stats based on OWL in a post complaining about Sombra’s pickrate in the OWL is ludicrous. Any one with internet can watch the OWL and calculate Sombra’s pickrate and winrate themselves. It is time consuming but not hard to verify the stats of the OWL.

But you have no proof that it is, and are ignoring all sources that say it isn’t.

1 Like

I’d like to point out that this is a grossly oversimplified representation of hack. Getting positioned correctly so you don’t get shot and hacking an effective target simultaneously is where the skill of Hack is.

Granted, you are correct for it not being a mechanically demanding ability, but being effective with it is much harder than a lot of people believe.

3 Likes

Lucio has been an issue since Beta.
So, yes?

Lucio used to be meta before Zen was. I think you forgot your history of Overwatch.

Lucio was only ever not meta because Zenyatta’s discord was more valuable in dive meta, and Mercy was overpowered. Soon as Mercy was dialed down, and the meta shifted, Lucio flew back in the meta.

Also, your over-simplification of hack doesn’t help your case or make you seem like you’re out to be fair, when you can’t even rationally (or accurately) describe hack.

I’m confused. Then why aren’t people rallying for nerfs to him? Since he is actually the most picked hero in OWL.

In general, I just find this thread to be problematic.

• The thread title is “Sombra is played in nearly every game of OWL” - factually incorrect.

• “Hack is a no-skill high-reward shot” - when we watch, in OWL, hack get interrupted multiple times, and even EMP not getting value when it hits all targets

• There are heroes who are picked far more than Sombra, and have been for the past year. If we’re rallying for nerfs based on pickrates in OWL, why aren’t the others on the chopping block?

• The underlying issue, which the OP hs made it quite blatantly obvious, is that he doesn’t like being hacked and think it’s too easy, as well as EMP not having enough counterplay - which is fine to be annoyed by it. But asking for nerfs based on “annoying” is not optimal

Hypocrisy and whatnot.
2 Likes

He’s been nerfed.
If you nerf him he’s useless if you buff him he’s OP.
Its like how every Hero is in this game because the balancing system is based off rock paper scissor’s so there’s no inherent balance within any of the Heroes, every meta is justified by Blizzard and anything that isn’t deemed in the equation by Blizzard gets nerfed.

That’s why.

1 Like

Wth are you talking about thats not a % timer its a second timer. and I broke los litterly on 0.61s

Everything before my crouch at 0.61 still has los and will not break nomatter how long I wait.

How I thought you did not read my post and the clips I gave you there man if you gonna ignore evidence and then not no how it work and can’t keep up with the conversation its your fault not mine thats 100% proove

But here again the second stairs clip where I show that my immediate going behind cover did not break LoS only my crouch at the very end:

As you can see here I move behind cover but not out of the allowed LoS of hack and hack goes through and you can see too that I still can shoot the Hero behind the wall.
And In the 3 clip i sended you with the timer I go to a position just shortly before breaking hack and then crouch in last second to break los and stop the timer if I wouldn’t have crouched hack would have gone through because I wouldn’t have broken los.
Note: The slow motion you see is not edited in afterwards its live slow motion ingame this for one gives me more control and the game more time to calculate.
For a more detailed explanation:
Sombra Hack LoS testing v1
Sombra Hack LoS testing v2

You realise that what will happen is buffs right?

How is hack a good cc for the game? Tell my why it is good for the game and why is emp good for the game and then we will deconstruct your argument and make you repeat it 100 times and I will quote small things back to you and make you repeat them again

Depends on the Sombra and the GOATS team. A good GOATS team will just force the Sombra and quickly make work of the 5v6. If the Sombra is REALLY good (on the level of DDing, Doha or Danteh) then this will be impossible.

Nerf the burst healing in this game and GOATs will dissapear. Anyone who says Brigitte is not some sort or GOATs enabler is delusional. Burst healing IS broken, healing in this game is broken (there is WAY too much).

Nerf Widow, whose only counter it is to play GOATs in a tier, where Widows land the most insane shots. GOATs is literally the only thing that survives a bit vs a good Widow (which they all are in the OWL).

Sombra, while annoying, is beyond UP on ladder. I’ve had 2 times where my team actually followed up on my EMP, 1 time was playing with a 6-stack (in Plat on my alt).
If Sombra got reworked/ hack removed, Doomfist and Hammond would absolutely wreck rampant in ladder and QP. Such insane mobility heroes need a hard shutdown, and Mei and McCree do not have the power to shut them down enough because of their insane healthpool +shields +getaway mobility.
Also there would literally be 0 counter to bunker. Since they botched Tracer with the pulse nerf and Pharah is unplayable, there is no way to dive the Orisa, Torb, Bastion, Hog Baptiste and Ana. It might be easier in higher tiers to be countered, but trust me that this is a huge issue with the majority of the playerbase at the moment. Even an uncoordinated Sombra can actually be helpful sometimes.

Well, I’m referring the OWL level of play, where as a general rule of thumb Sombra GOATS is favoured against regular GOATS.

Obviously still differences in team skill and whatnot.

It doesn’t make sense to target tanks and supports for pick rates on the same level as DPS, supports are less thn half of the roster with at least one or two of those characters being trash by design - you’re going to see the same supports a lot and it’s only a problem when one goes full Mercy rework.

I am referring to OWL as well, where Sombra GOATs is extremely weak against aggressive GOATs.

Saying Sombra GOATs beats out GOATs is straight up wrong. They have their strengths and need to abide by certain play styles.

You’re the one with the complaint. Tell me why it’s bad, and remember, “I don’t like it, it feels bad” isn’t an answer. Because we need CC in the game. Without CC, high mobility heroes run rampant. Heroes who’s lives depend on their cooldowns can’t be interupted. Ultimates can’t be stopped. Without CC, Overwtach becomes a more generic FPS, because every strong ability is balanced because there is a way to stop it from having an effect. Removing CC removes that counterplay, making every ability more oppressive for it.

Hack is not a guaranteed kill. EMP is not a guaranteed team fight. If these abilities were guaranteed win buttons, Sombra would be statistically better in every scenario than she is now. YOU CANNOT IGNORE THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON’T LIKE IT.

You want to one trick a hero designed to be hindered by Hack, in a game designed around being flexible and working with your team. Every problem you have with Sombra is just that, your problem.

You know, there’s 2-3 times as much damage on a team as there is healing, right? And there’s only 2 sources of real burst healing in the game, with at least a dozen sources of burst damage, with only one source of burst healing being able to combat the burst damage. Healing is more consistent than damage, but damage outclasses healing by a longshot. McCree and Soldier, without their abilities, can outdamage the healing of almost any combination of 4 or 5 healers. Just wanted to clear that up.

2 Likes

It’s a true statement as long as “GOATS” is running a Zenyatta in the backline, things may or may not change as Defense Matrix gets nerfed and Ana has more space to land a Biotic Grenade on her own team. But until then, an attacking GOATS team with a Sombra is going to have an edge over a defending GOATS team with a Zenyatta just because they can use him as a weak point and cheat the ultimate economy.

1 Like

From telling us what? That her win rate in OWL this season is an incredible 42.13%? That her win rate on ladder is also in the negative?

No, just you.

For the hundredth time: her utility is supposed to be strong as she has zero damage abilities and an appropriately low overall damage output.

Why not take away everyone’s abilities and make the game into a generic shooter?

2 Likes

Honestly they should just start locking these ‘nerf Sombra’ threads.

Pretty sure it’s the same ‘delete brig’ crowd. There’s no rationality in their arguments or discussion anymore, it’s literally just players who don’t want to play Overwatch. Sombra has been in game 2 1/2 years, we’ve had CC since the game’s inception. Yet still they believe it doesn’t belong in the game.

3 Likes

You come on every post about sombra, did you not already concede you want sombra to go in a higher damage direction and less of a broken cc? You don’t need to land a bunch of hacks, you need to land few key ones, and into goats with everyone able to shoot, rein able to block, d.va spamming every path sombra takes, yeah, some hacks are gonna be stop but ultimately they get taken down by emp, now let’s see on ladder, vs her hard counters who aren’t even in the god comp she is being used to counter, doomfist and ball, who have a 100 times harder job of stopping a hack, it is astronomically disproportionate counterplay between the countered and the hard counter, and is gross for the game

This, seriously.

It’s like… WHO CARES.

1 Like

So basically “lock threads us forum dwellers have deemed annoying” classic forum fashion