[Workshop Hack LoS testing] doesn't go through walls and works a 100% like intendet and like it should. (V2)

Introduction:

So in this Post I want to explain how the Hack LoS works and why it doesn’t go through walls. This however is the second Version of this post it adds to my old one: Sombra Hack LoS testing V2

Testing:

Okey first on How I tested it.
I made a Workshop mode that allows me to:

1. Slowdown time
  2. Save the position where hack finished
  3. Allow me to Teleport to that saved Position again.

Code: DG332

So first of the Clip no. 1

Here we see that I hack the Lucio just shortly before Hack would cancle but when I then swap to a Hero with an accurate gun I can still hit Lucio from the exact position of where hack ended.
This means that we still have LoS to Lucio’s hitbox which means hack didn’t stop.

So in this second Clip:

(Note I swapped Heroes from Lucio to Reaper because Lucio didn’t want to stop dancing all the time which would have falsified the result))
We see tests with Stairs and its the same here tho we need to consider Eye highed with I added in the top left corner (Blue you, Red Enemy) because if the Hero we test the shooting with is Bigger then Sombra the Enemies hitbox will be more exposed and with a smaller Hero less.
However in this clip we see both bigger (Mccree), Sombra herself and smaller (ana) Heroes all being able to hit Reaper.
Again proving that Sombra’s Hack had clear LoS to the hitbox.

So now why is it like this and why does this need to stay?
Simple its either this or the 0.1s time hack couldn’t be canceled by LoS completely.
If we would have neither of both Sombra’s hack would cancle on every little thing you couldn’t hack a rein in his ream because his teammates would all block your LoS all the time etc etc.

Edit2:
Here is the final proof to that shows that we do not have a “unbreakable” timer on hack at the end of the cast:

Here we just have a clock in the mix that starts counting when I start hacking and we can see that when I break hack we are at 0.61s which is 0.01 second before the normally measured result of 0.62 (Ticktime error)

Edit: Your free to try and prove otherwise with this Workshop or another one.

5 Likes

Simple concept actually. If i can shoot you, i can hack you.
The hitbox of heroes extend their visual design by a small amount, which in rare cases can lead to confusing situations where you got hit from seemingly behind the wall.

6 Likes

Yea that’s exactly it.
But there are more than enough people that still claim that hack has a “nonbreak time” late in the cast which I want to disprove with this.

Also, the Hitboxes are probably bigger then you think I tested that with Widow too and especially the head hitbox is rather big in comparison with most models.

3 Likes

Through*

This also needs to be fixed in the title

1 Like

They should change the visuals then because the purple lines clearly go through walls.

I’m sure the hitbox is part of it, but I expect usually it’s just a latency issue.

2 Likes

Thats because they lock to center of mass.
Coding it so that it only locks to visible parts is probably no easy task because it could constantly change.

3 Likes

Fixed -w-

That would probably be to much work both for blizzard and from a performance side. Your PC would need to calcualte that live.

It surly is but then only on the Enemies side. Sombra has FtS so on her side the Hitbox should always be visible.
We also have perspective on the enemy side too.

3 Likes