Sombra is officially useless now. Thanks. šŸ¤¬

they hear ā€œinfinite stealth and translocatorā€ and think it means its a huge buff lmao

11 Likes

Itā€™s live on the PTR with the Hammond changes. People have already tried it.

2 Likes

oh i never knew that

Thatā€™s an other thing ā€¦ a ****ing hamster? I thought they where trolling in the teaser ā€¦. what do they smoke?

6 Likes

I have a lot of experience, at a high competitive level, using invisibility mechanics in hero shooters. And I can tell you what matters is most is not ever how long you can stay invisible, but from what angles you can attack and how meaningful your attack is when you finally break ambush. Sombra has non-decisive damage and her mobility has been extremely hampered. If sheā€™s easily detectable on approach (increased visibility range), canā€™t navigate unusual approaches (lowered speed and ability kill mobility tool), and doesnā€™t clutch once she arrives (bad spread, middling damage, a range so small itā€™s offensive to everyone involved) she is not an assassin - sheā€™s a waste of time. Every second counts. If youā€™re spending it contributing no damage, no pressure, and no hitpoint soak you are effectively turning it into 5v6 while you wait for your next four meter gap to turtleshuffle your way in.

Once again, Blizzard is totally incompetent at design.

11 Likes

You know, I was hopeful about the rework untilā€¦

So I guess Blizzard ruinworked ANOTHER hero

12 Likes

Youā€™re right, it literally fixes none of her problems. Stealth and Translocator were okay, itā€™s hack that was letting her down.

8 Likes

As I said, we just have to wait and see.
If there is anything I learned from patch notes, is that donā€™t judge too quick. OP heroes can be balanced, bad heroes can be balanced too.
I am not saying itā€™s a buff, itā€™s just a change for me.

Maybe to test it perfectly, we can create a custom comp game with people at the same tier to see the results.

Heck, just 1 minute from the new hero got released, everyone screamed OP.

Itā€™s a complete disaster, I guess Iā€™ll just go back to playing anything else now because every hero is better.

2 Likes

Wow while Iā€™m invisible I canā€™t shoot or hack,the least I could do is contest the objective but I canā€™t do that anymore.

12 Likes

Sombra is nerf

Meanwhile no Brigitte and Mercy nerf
No dragonstrike damage nerf
No storm arrows damage nerf

I lose faith in the devs with every patch

6 Likes

I am about to be a Mercy One Trick nowā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™d rather play Pharah into triple hitscan zen than play Sombra ever now. I would probably be more effective as Pharah against triple hitscan zen than playing Sombra in any situation now.

2 Likes

It is Not a buff the Problem is Not the how do i go into the enemy. The Problem is getting out there alive and with the a kill or anything u wanted but the Bugs and Amor makes it impossible to play her right now

1 Like

This is so sadā€¦ Well when we play together, if you ever need a MOT (Mercy One-Trick) I am here. :wink:

Or I might play Mei since they finally removed her fall-off damage.

Iā€™m disappointed by this ā€œsignificant changesā€ too. But, honestly, why are we talking about it? Itā€™s pointless. Everybody knows that PTR changes always go to live. Right now giving feedbacks to Blizzard is just a waste of time.

3 Likes

I thought the changes could be bad but I NEVER thought they could actually make Sombra worse. Holyā€¦

This has to be a joke. Did the devs even talk to a single Sombra players before creating this monstrosity patch?

12 Likes

And that was, I guess, the only thing weā€™ve been asking for. The rest feels clumsy and annoying.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe sometime, Iā€™ve been playing Sombra and D.va for so long that my Pharah aim is awful now. Iā€™m gonna have to practice again.

I got you with the damage boost.