Sombra: I was right all along- nerfs needed

10 ping ooft

It kinda ticks me off that everybody is up and arms because of that one clip than included the visualisation of EMP.
I mean 1. For EMP the animation gives you a clear visualisation of the radius by itself and 2. For the hack los it was literlly no testing just hacking someone around a corner which no further details.

2 Likes

both barrels?
oh boy, imagine if the just replaced her regular hack with a second gun, each mouse button for the respective gun like baptiste.
probably super broken but fun!

…all posted by someone named “DvaIsMyWaifu”.

Nothing more to see here, folks.

1 Like

I also saw a thread asking for flashbang nerf after they saw it’s AoE in that Darwin practice mode. Lol

I saw that thread too and I wasn’t surprised because I knew the numbers already but atleast that was more understanding on why people where surprised and overreacted because there isn’t any visualisation ingame that shows its size EMP on the otherhand does.

And the tip of the iceberg is that the original tweet of the guy who made the mode for better emp visualisation and los testing gave us the size in m^3… Just why? Its the same as the people who said the dva and lucio nerf where bigger if you take the area or the volume both of which are obv just a ^2 or ^3 calculations which obv gives you bigger difference.
Aka it looks bigger.

It’s like for some reason the ability became stronger just because you now realized how big it is, even though the size never changed

2 Likes

dont forget that dvas ult has more counterplays than the EMP

Only if you sledge nerf Doom too.
Mr. i’mgoingtoruinyourgameformyownenjoymentfist needs her to keep him in check.

Spamming the same threads out every so often isn’t going to bring anything positive your way

How does workshop, a mode that allows anybody to literally almost do ANYTHING to heroes that are not apart of the game itself correspond with Sombra in game, being made specifically as the game was intended to do kit wise?

It is like comparing a modded game with the original version. You just can’t compare it.

Bruh…

Do you know how many line of sight abilities have leeway to them in this game? I’ve been discorded, hooked, and Hanzo arrowed around the corner (Those are just a couple of examples). EMP can be body blocked by heroes as well (Damn you Zen, hiding behind Hog).

• Sombra was in the backline taking out the healers: Support should witch to Brig or Moira (Harder to hack/kill)
  • Sombra’s always invisible: DPS with Hanzo/Widow for sights. Play Reaper/Junk/Torb and make it hard for her to get close to the action without uncloaking.
  • She’s always hacking: Torb/Winston/Moira/Reaper/Mei are all easy interrupters of hack. Also asking for help and listening to players asking for assistance is a great counter.
  • But Translocator: Can be destroyed/Gives away direction she’s hiding so Winston/D.va/Hammond can chase and wreck. (Also don’t fight a Sombra on a hacked large health pack. I made a team C9 because 3 people were trying to kill me.)

Adapt and Improvise

okay, if she is OP, we would expect her to be played more, and her winrate should be high too. I mean, thats just logical, right?

Ladder pickrate/Winrate for sombra:

Bronze: 1.38%/38.05%
Silver: 1.09%/40.92%
Gold: 1.11%/43.44%
Platinum: 1.39%/46.45%
Diamond: 1.75%/48.64%
Master: 2%/49.16%
Grandmaster: 2.20%/50.65%

hmmm, I dont see what we would expect to see. almost as if she isnt OP…

But Matt, she is only OP with teamwork, that is why she seems bad in ladder!

okay then, lets look at her OWL winrate, shall we? since OWL is where there is most teamwork.
her winrate is the 9th worst in OWL season 2

and dva bomb deals 1000 damage while emp deals none…

thats mostly a combination of a bug and latency.

1 Like

Eh, Not when I use her. Needs buffed.

I legit think Mercy is immune to EMP at times or Valk isn’t affected by it. I’ll pop EMP and enemy Mercy will just valk with her middle finger up. The body block for it is real too. I’ve EMP’d in Illios Ruins and only gotten 4 heroes despite the entire team being in the pit.

1 Like

the range only looks big, you have to take into to account its got a sphere shape so if she goes to high she can miss or you can avoid it with high ground. you also need los on the ult so if you split you’re team up a little you can avoid having all 6 people hacked. breaking line of sight is inconsistent a lot of times and will break very quickly if you go to far behind the wall. The distance is also easy to break you just have to go away from sombra.
TIP: if sombra starts the hack and goes around the wall you should go towards that wall to push her hack into it and cancel the hack.

Would probably be too broken. Let her disable people and just get a free kill. Even Genji and Tracer have to fight targets who can still use abilities.

Need me to explain how latency works between you and other people?

So we can make bunker even stronger by nerfing one of it’s best counters? No thanks.

It’s a shame your demonstration/test of hack LOS mechanics doesn’t get nearly as much attention as that one twitter person did.

1 Like