Sombra feels incredible

Tbh, I like this change, but I think it should be paired with a nerf, where a preemptive Zarya bubble can block the Hack status from EMP. (Which currently blocks shieldHealth damage, but not Hack status).

Most people below Masters won’t have the reaction time to benefit from that. But it allows her to have some counterplay at high tiers.

1 Like

cough cough S A M I TO cough

10 Likes

Did they post experimental changes somewhere? Or could someone share a screenshot or something if not? I’m not at home to see right now.

1 Like

I always said that the only thing she really needed to be viable and good again was either a weapon spread reduction or a damage increase. I’m glad they’re finally trying it out. I just hope she’s not too oppressive with it.

1 Like

You already did without the buff if you know how to play Sombra.

1 Like
2 Likes

I would have preferred EMP’s cast time being reverted rather than a spread decrease, Sombra might feel better, yeah, but that’s a given from such a change lol.

Sombras’s spread at launch was crap, it needed the buff, but now that’s not really where she should be heading, they would need to nerf other parts of her kit I feel like and I don’t really think that’ll be a great direction either.

2 Likes

Even in high level Sombra play, she often has to translocate out without a kill at current time. That’s why she’s played as an ult bot.

14 Likes

What could possibly go wrong? Dot dot dot.

You gotta love some posters.

I don’t want that change but I’m seriously concerned about her being more lethal. A stealth assassin it’s near impossible to kill is not a fun playstyle to go against.

It’s gonna be fun to play, sure. But not to play against. Hack or no Hack.

20 Likes

Oh no.

Sombra has a bad history of always being gutted. I’m afraid they will gut her again after this buff. It wouldn’t be the first time.

4 Likes

You don’t understand. Sombra and Mei are too opressive if they are busted, so they need to keep them in check. It’s not just about them being too strong, but they’ll end up becoming mandatory if they’re not nerfed. Even tho i’m in for Sombra buffs, i can’t shake the fact that her mains said she was “viable” after hack buffs when in reality she was breaking the game by having many broken interactions that favored her every single time like hacking through corners, shields, abilities etc…

3 Likes

If you cannot get kills as her, that’s your problem, the character is very capable of doing so.

Which is why a lot of us were against the stupid infinite timers they added for scrubs. Bring her timers and speed back while keeping the spread buff and she feels better to play against and to play as. If you cannot manage her timers, you shouldn’t be playing her because most of her mains could and had no problem doing so.

13 Likes

Even in GM and the best Sombra players in the world are often unable to secure the kills. It’s the entire reason for the spread change.

So no. It’s an inherent disadvantage given to her gun by giving her a wide spread and no midfight mobility.

Like you’re just not arguing in good faith if you can’t acknowledge that fact.

You’re more lethal on pretty much any other dps atm. And you make up for it with some of the strongest utility the game has to offer.

20 Likes

Hey, don’t blame this one on us. We didn’t want Sombra to have infinite stealth. Good luck convincing Blizzard to go back on a decision, though!

3 Likes

They added it because they realized downtime was a big weakness for her and wanted her to be able to respond to things happening in the actual battle. And this change gave the most value to good Sombras like in OWL.

It actually made it harder for bad ones because they spend too much time in stealth doing nothing. Whereas the timer forced them to try to get something done.

I don’t care if they revert the stealth change personally. I do well on her both ways.

6 Likes

They said at one point they didn’t want her to be a backline assassin. She is meant to be played with your team, not as a lone wolf. She was not designed to be Genji/Tracer Jr. That’s why she does not have a finishing move or moves designed to stay in a fight in order to finish people but can see critically low targets. She is supposed to be an opportunist, not an assassin.

She is not designed to pick a fight with whoever she wants and stay in it, she is an opportunist, not Genji or Tracer. You pick the optimal target and coordinate with your team to take them out if you cannot do so yourself.

I’ve seen high ranked Sombra get kills, don’t act like they cannot kill anything because that’s just not true at all.

1 Like

The rationalization here is astonishing. The Sombra mains claiming she’ll be better to play against do so on the premise her ambushes would come at predictable intervals. So which one is it, are you stupid and plan on playing her predictably so your opponents know when you’re arriving or are you rationalizing?

Which is exactly why she is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Her design sucks.

Ironically it’s a Nerf if your aim is terrible :sweat_smile:

In all honesty I’ve been wanting to try this out for a very long time but like others have pointed out i question if it maybe makes her too strong and I say that as somebody who loves playing Sombra

2 Likes

Infinite invisibilty opens the door up for that assassin gameplay you mentioned earlier, though. Surely there was some other way to decrease Sombra’s downtime?

1 Like