So what WAS the problem with hide and rez?

Current Mercy is the definition of a rez machine though. Her Resurrect is literally on a static CD. It’s just the toxicity towards it that changed because it’s no longer an ultimate.

Thank you for the compliment :smiley: and I mainly agree I remember before the rework around silver after every death there was always a “MERCY REZ” which led to attack and just overall mercy hate

Yeah they do balance around low ranks it’s painful

I would agree if it was still an instant, but right now I don’t really see Mercy as a rez machine more as a necessary pick since Blizzard didn’t want to actually make a rival main healer or sumthin

Moira is probably going to do more average heals than her when her latest nerf hits live servers.

Agreed…it makes me worry if they ever do any changes to mercy or others…I mean the first tracer nerf and zen nerf on orb volley was most likely due to lower ranks complaining they were OP

She needed some kind of change Mercy 2.0 was not ok in any sense hide and rez was a too powerful strategy for low ranks

That’s not the strategies fault but rather the incompetent players in low ranks fault. The strategy in general is absolute garbage.

1 Like

She might but with the resource limit I believe it won’t change Mercy’s pick rate majorly

No the zen Nerf was to stop five since most lower ranks can’t aim and zen was a must pick for higher levels the tracer one tho idk

Agreed

More like use 2 or 3 ults to kill 4 people. Mercy playing hide and seek pops out and negates it with 1 button

1 Like

If that were true Pharmercy wouldn’t be a thing.

thank you for the insightful and detailed answer.
i understand the problem with it better now.

until now, everybody either said “it was a bad strategy” which meant: just dont do it?

or they said it was OP, but you explained WHY it was OP, which in my opinion still poses the question: why not revert the invulnerability and give her LOS check? would still be a strong ultimate, but would be way harder to pull off

1 Like

Apologizes for asking but what is a LOS check?

Agreed but the strategy working so well in lower ranks is why gold level players ended up in matters they abused the strategy all the way to a bank they didn’t belong in

line of sight, meaning you cant rez through walls

Name the counter play to mass Rez

ehh thats a more reasonable answer I got for the zen nerf then because of Jjonak WHICH PEOPLE ACTUALLY TRIED TO USE AS AN EXCUSE

Which is why they should’ve fixed the broken SR system rather than reworking Mercy.