So what WAS the problem with hide and rez?

Hiding to use Resurrect was a misuse of the ultimate and “Hide n Res” in general was a garbage strategy. A good amount of people agree with me.

so is using moira as a flanker. its a misuse of a main healer, its a garbage strategy…but she doesnt get reworked for it.

time to comment in this massive thread to get lost lol.

As an Old(er) Hog Main. I played him every change. I wasn’t until recently, that forced me until a hyper flex player. Now, I’m not saying I played only him, but he was one of my favorites.

I can’t remember what patch it was, but I felt like the mercy where you could kill her mid full team rez was the most balanced. Full team rez, didnt bother me but, being able to stop her within that second felt great. As an Hog main, I had to land that hook perfect or it was over. It got me (via Master OW when it was accurate) in the top ~10% hook accuracy tier.

Not to mention she had no LoS checks at the time. Being able to use a game changing move behind a wall was ridiculous, for any character for that matter.

Once they added the invulnerably. I fell like the game just went down hill. Rez got out of control

2 Likes

Well you’re not exactly blizzard, pro overwatch players or a good portion of the playerbase. If you don’t get it, you probably wont.

Not sure why you replied to me with that.

At the beginning, not much, after buffs basically unstoppable, she was able to move while casting it, very short casting time, allies revived could get into action almost instantly and she was immune to damage while resurrecting, mass rez could have been balanced if it required LoS and had its current casting time with no invulnerability.

1 Like

Read this and I’ll let you figure out why the reasons behind her rework were horrible.

im not asking what where the problems with invulnerable rez. im asking:

why was hide and rez the reason for a whoooole rework?

you guys cant seem to decide whether it was OP, or it was a garbage strategy.

Blizzard had a knack for giving into people who complained around that time. It’s the same reason Ana’s damage got destroyed.

While I have no evidence of this the hide and rez mainly lead to lower rank mercys doing a strategy of not healing specific teammates, not using the ult for 1-2 people even if it would’ve won the fight, and only waiting to use it just to get POTG which if you’re plat-diamond-or even gold DPS and Tanks would either have to accept their mercy won’t heal them, won’t rez them, or don’t understand what a powerboost is. Not to mention before the rework Mercy players (according to EeveeA “Were not treated like humans, but treated like rez machines” which he was around masters so lower ranks were probably much more aggressive to inexperienced mercy mains

and then got reverted…

Honestly, I don’t care enough to read it. I’m one of the people who thinks mass ress could have been balanced and didn’t need a rework.

You’re @ing the void right now.

This is true, I would like to point out that Blizzard has fixed the problem behind the sr exploit only after they reworked Mercy.

Precisely, at the beginning mass rez was a little easier to counter and usually ended up as a trade since Mercy would probably die if she resurrected in the open, but then players kept complaining how she couldn’t move while rezzing, couldn’t rez without LoS, etc.

1 Like

O. My bad lol :joy:

70 =/= 80.

Only partially reverted, now she doesn’t have that padding damage in case the flanker gets help

That is also true, also I’d like to point out most mercys who would just heal are either gone or nonexistent now sooo I guessed it fixed that?

Get three consecutive shots and the person is dead unless they are a tank and or have more than 210 HP. The only bad thing is that it gets blocked by barriers but that’s left for another topic.

You have no idea what padding damage is do you. Stop @ me already you’re actually just looking to argue for the sake of arguing.

Okey dad. Just thought you were another person claiming “Hide n Res” was a viable strategy. That was a mistake on my part.

Hide and rez was the reason behind her rework because it took no skill to do and had I reward for doin it. Which is why there were so many Mercy mains with low winrates because the game thought they were doing really well when in reality they weren’t. Although a lot of Mercy mains say her rework is the devs biggest failure but bastion is still here