So what WAS the problem with hide and rez?

One rez is already ridiculous enough.

On that case, you are 100% correct. Especially where Lcuio’s ultimate is a defensive preventative while Mass Rez is only something to use after dying. It does add a sort of “yikes is this going to be worth it?”. It would end up being a game of choices which is on one hand strategic but on another frustrating.

There are a lot of different options for Mass Rez should it make a return OR for another ultimate. What I cannot get behind is Valk as an ultimate.

1 Like

As Symm would say…

You and I are in “Perfect Alignment” on this. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Then 1 DPS kill per ultimate is just as ridiculous?

No, because this is an FPS.

Im sorry, where are the rules that an FPS should not contain the ability to ressurect?

Not sure what era your stuck in, but reviving and respawning people is a common theme in many “FPS” games today.

Like go play any military shooter if you want to get shot in the foot and be permadead…

Does Mercy respawn teammates or does she instantly rez them and makes them immediately take part of the teamfight again?

Like what are you even comparing lol?

I think a lot of people are overstating how powerful res actually is. I can understand that having Res as an ability may be a bit too short sighted, as it is a massive change to the battlefield.

Now hide and rez was actually quite a large problem, and it happened a considerable amount (the higher your rank, the more it happened). And this is an important detail, as those at the top will abuse every mechanic as much as humanely possible to get the most out of it.

It was a giant “undo” button that is not fun for the enemy
It was a suicide run which is not fun for the team
It was a sit&wait for the Mercy, which is not fun for her

And all counterplay was disadvantageous to the enemy team, as you either found her or you didn’t. In both cases your team was 1 man down.

But resurrection in and of itself is not overpowered. In its current state its reward is too high considering its a cooldown unlike her ultimate.

Now if I was to throw suggestions at the board, I’d try rework resurrection to be largely entirely different from how it is. My suggestion would be:

Lower cooldown to ~12 seconds
Change to a buff that:
Cast rez on a target that is alive, and if they die within the next 5 seconds, their respawn timer is removed, and they respawn instantly. (back in spawn)
Targets affected have a faint glow, so the enemy is aware of their buff.

This requires common sense to translate so I’ll translate it for you.

Translation = If you’re going to die, die on point together, then I can resurrect all of you together and not have bodies too far away to resurrect.

Or maybe you’re grossly exaggerating?

I’m in the camp ‘Never happened on my team’, because I was the Mercy and never hid (a major fault of mine, as I frequently died with Rez). Still, I rarely saw it on the enemy team, if ever, and I’ve been a Platinum player since Season 3.

When it did happen, the team with the hiding Mercy always lost, as they were down a player during team battles, which, as a result, we could generally win without spending ults, as the enemy team didn’t have heals, and in the case my team got wiped, I had Resurrect on hand as a backup.

And that’s all it was for me. A plan B.
Or a major F U to those who loved throwing all their ults in at once without paying attention to the yellow tether attached to my team mates.

These days, it’s just pathetic to see the enemy team blow 4+ ults on my team and then get rekt by an actually working 2 ult combo from our end that completely flips the battle around.

People just love their braindead presses of Q too much, and hate it when an equally braindead Q from Mercy flips it back 'round the right way.

yes i know that that happened. but what is the problem?

Blizzard and a good amount of people all agree a strategy that requires your main healer to not heal in a team fight is a problem.

Only problem with old Mercy… ult was not being LoS checked. This was dumb.

I’m dead serious. Otherwise it was the fault of DPS not going for her during ults or flanking in general by prioritizing her. Other than that… the only “problem” it had was… now think about this for a moment, if a Genji wants to do his Ult and the enemy team has a Zenyatta… does he simply not get him to use his ult first / bait it out? This is exactly the same instance Mercy was in but… you know… rework instead so DPS (especially the flankers) don’t need to be penalized for not doing their job.

2 Likes

single target FREE tempo rez is literally stronger then ult rez. She has it often enough,she doesnt need to do anything to earn it ,its why they had to nerf it hard with the slow,but even then it still brings her kit out of balance

She was never OP as old mercy.

3 Likes

sorry i fail to see the problem. if it works, it works.

also, it “promotes” is not an argument for anything.
mei wall promotes trolling.
sym teleporter promotes trolling.
moira being able to kill squishies promotes flanker moira.

doesnt mean that these things got altered for those reasons. if hide and rez was a good strategy, then why is it a problem in the first place? and if its a bad strategy, it just means bad players already get their punishment ingame. either way, still no consistent reason for a whole rework…

Hiding to use Resurrect was a misuse of the ultimate and “Hide n Res” in general was a garbage strategy. A good amount of people agree with me.

so is using moira as a flanker. its a misuse of a main healer, its a garbage strategy…but she doesnt get reworked for it.

time to comment in this massive thread to get lost lol.

As an Old(er) Hog Main. I played him every change. I wasn’t until recently, that forced me until a hyper flex player. Now, I’m not saying I played only him, but he was one of my favorites.

I can’t remember what patch it was, but I felt like the mercy where you could kill her mid full team rez was the most balanced. Full team rez, didnt bother me but, being able to stop her within that second felt great. As an Hog main, I had to land that hook perfect or it was over. It got me (via Master OW when it was accurate) in the top ~10% hook accuracy tier.

Not to mention she had no LoS checks at the time. Being able to use a game changing move behind a wall was ridiculous, for any character for that matter.

Once they added the invulnerably. I fell like the game just went down hill. Rez got out of control

2 Likes

Well you’re not exactly blizzard, pro overwatch players or a good portion of the playerbase. If you don’t get it, you probably wont.

Not sure why you replied to me with that.

At the beginning, not much, after buffs basically unstoppable, she was able to move while casting it, very short casting time, allies revived could get into action almost instantly and she was immune to damage while resurrecting, mass rez could have been balanced if it required LoS and had its current casting time with no invulnerability.

1 Like