So what if Ana is the most picked support?

Let her be, I see no issue, people said she should be nerfed because of her pickrate but shes arguably the hardest support to play, one of the most fun characters in the game, she is engaging to play as and against and shes fun to watch. Dont even get me started on the fact that shes the only support that can heal fast enough to keep tanks alive, Bap and Moira were gutted so shes the only main healer available.

10 Likes

I smell too much bias

59 Likes

I donā€™t see an issue either. The only thing is maybe burst heal on nano, otherwise I really donā€™t see anything wrong with her kit. Yeah sure she has like a 10% or 11% pickrate or whatever it is, but she is also one of the most popular supports in the game, on top of the fact that there are only 3 main supports.

Besides, only low GMs really play Ana. Past 4200, there is a lot more Moira being played

3 Likes

This is subjective. I donā€™t like her lack of mobility when playing as her, and I donā€™t like her effective 300 hp when playing against her, to name just two of my gripes with her.

20 Likes

so weā€™re just ignoring Zen and Bap now huh?

36 Likes

No weā€™re not, but to be fair itā€™s impossible for Zen to miss his heals and Bap is AoE healing which by its nature is easier to use.

3 Likes

Easiest so mess up fits better

Hard to play always requires context

That will change for Mo as more people learn to heal with her again. It isnā€™t as easy but can be much better in the right hands than it was before.

1 Like
  1. Aim isnā€™t the only skill in this game
  2. Anaā€™s healing hitbox is the same as Moiras damage hitbox (before it was nerfed)
35 Likes

Another ā€œbut skill doeā€ rant. Ok

7 Likes

I know that.

I know that too, but it still doesnā€™t change the fact that AoE heals are much more forgiving to use than even Anaā€™s healing hitbox.

Honestly Iā€™ve never seen a community more allergic to skill-based mechanics than the Overwatch community. Itā€™s almost like people here donā€™t want skill to be rewarded.

4 Likes

no one ever said that the issue is that sheā€™s skillful. The issue is that Overwatch seems to think that aim is the only skill in the game.

itā€™s way easier to Sleep + self heal yourself as Ana than it is to try and kill the person diving you as zen.

If skill was rewarded accurately then the meta would probably be between Mei, Sigma and Tracer. They have some of the most abstract mechanics in the game that are probably some of the hardest to master or even use correctly.

Even outside of them, Ana wouldnā€™t be the strongest support. Things like range make a hero way easier because when you have range everything is less of a threat to you.

not to mention, sheā€™s also a hitscan.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true, but sleep and nade are both on fairly long cooldowns, and sheā€™s pretty vulnerable without them.

YES!
This
Ana can be fun but she is one of the most boring support heroes for me to play as.

4 Likes

Do you have any stats for that? Beside possibly watching some streamers?

For a majority of the games life

that didnā€™t stop Mercy from getting gutted.

I mean, Mercy got nerfed out of being a main support.

Or itā€™s almost as if people want to play different characters without being moaned at for not playing the optimal choice.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s always going to be an ā€œoptimal choiceā€, it doesnā€™t matter how the game is balanced.

She got nerfed because she was beyond broken after her rework and was a must-pick in pretty much every rank.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. And people are sick of it being Ana for such a long time.

Iā€™m not talking about right after her rework. But about her last nerf. 60 HPS to 50HPS, which made her redundant as a main healer and offer too little as an off support. Ana was already on the rise around that time, but then every support got buffed, Mercy got nerfed and she was in the gutter.

3 Likes

i will comeback when bastion is meta

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good thing that Anaā€™s pick rate is decreasing then isnā€™t it?

True, but weā€™ll see again in a week, if it doesnā€™t rise again. A few days, are usually not much to go off