So what happened with Sinatraa?

Until its proven, it should not. In fact, I think going public with allegations like this should carry its own penalty. It’s too easy for someone to say something untrue, distorted or simply their opinion that is damaging and with the trash social media scene, its instantly taken as pure fact.

3 Likes

That’s absurd.

I thought this was America, ya know, freedom of speech and all that? How much is that worth if you cannot come forward with an allegation. Because you aren’t saying there should be punishments for false allegations, you’re saying any allegations should elicit punishments.

1 Like

Sure, there is such a thing as libel and slander too. My point is taking it public the way its done is wrong and no one reports after the fact if the accused is exonerated.

If it’s proven false. But that’s not what you’re advocating.

I think it needs to be handled discreetly until the facts are investigated, yes. Its too easy for an emotional pile-on to occur, and permanent damage to one’s reputation whether the charges are true or not. I also don’t like this current business of companies firing or laying off someone because someone else made an accusation.

Yeah, it certainly isn’t normal behaviour to do your laundry in public.

This is why you stay away from groupies, I guess.

Considering how terrible the justice system is when it comes to these types of crimes, that is not very realistic.

And let’s be real, just having allegations thrown your way does not automatically mean you get “canceled” or suffer a loss of reputation. I didn’t see Chris Brown hurting after what he did. I don’t see most Republicans losing jobs in the face of credible accusations - in some circles it even seems to raise their clout.

1 Like

I am not defending him, OTOH, I got a sense from her public image she’s sort of in that groupie mode. I mean, these people exist, and while its not an excuse for abuse, it certainly makes it more likely. I think that generation just does the social media pile on manipulation as a matter of habit. I see it in game a lot, you say something to someone, like I asked this one player who kept showing up in my games as Sombra and asked if they were a Sombra one-trick. They then switched, then in match chat told everyone “so-and-so didn’t like me playing Sombra” then ran out in an attempt to somehow publicly shame and garner favor. Smh.

1 Like

Okay lets break this down.

The accuracy or fairness of the justice system isn’t the question, the question is a matter of protocol on all side how should it be handled. Literally this point means nothing the discussion. There is no way “going public” is going to help it be more fair.

LOL not “automatically”? Right… just look at how some people are here are assuming it must all be as stated by one person and passing judgement immediately.

1 Like

I didn’t say it would be more fair.

You say it shouldn’t be public, so the only alternative is private - otherwise known as the legal system.

Since we’re talking about the protocol of bringing up allegations this was no longer just about the Sinatraa case. In which case my point still stands. But I don’t know why you even think this forum is 100% taking her side when that’s very obviously not the case. Only at least people taking her side have evidence to go off of, what are the people calling her a liar and an attention seeker going off of? Nothing except bias.

And since you’re so concerned about people’s lives and reputations being ruined, should people that call accusers liars be punished when allegations are proven true? Because what they’re doing is slander if it’s true.

Also, women (and men, too) often do suffer consequences of coming forward. They lose out on career opportunities or are stalked and harassed so viciously that they have to move for their own safety. Strangely, I don’t see a lot of your types concerned about that.

3 Likes

Maybe because she was being harassed ever since the break up?

And coming out to talk about trauma is LITERALLY a healing process?

I pity the billions of people on earth who don’t have the opportunity to speak out in public. Never will they heal after bad breakups :frowning:

1 Like

LOL where did I say this? You people literally conjure demons in your own mind here. My point is simple: going public with these kinds of things is bad. Period. It should be handled discreetly and not put through social media, and companies should show restraint in actions before all the details are known. Simple. Why you would even question this kind of restraint is quite honestly baffling.

LOL - are we in elementary school here? If someone goes on record making direct legally raised allegations (not opinions) then of course there is that option. Naturally.

That doesn’t matter quite honestly in the context of the question. Why do you keep veering off? However, on that point - you basically only reinforced my point about discreteness… ironic.

2 Likes

They do, a lot of them just aren’t with someone who has a following? Lol

I think we hang out with very different people if that is normal behaviour in your circles.

??? With the amount of proof she showed there is a very slim chance that he’s innocent. From the way those texts are worded from personal experience I can tell you that those aren’t faked.

Most sexual assualt cases get over turned because the victim physically cannot go any further due to how much emotional trauma the event caused them.

1 Like

That may be the case, but that is then on them. Are we then supposed to presume guilt on accusation as in say British law? Again, being discreet and not going public would help the problem you describe as well wouldn’t it?

1 Like

somehow that doesn’t surprise me…

1 Like

No, you can be skeptical and wait for both sides to share their but at the same time you can show empathy for the victim.

1 Like