So we're still in FPSWatch

It’s reaching Valorant level of TTK with squishies.

This is actually a problem. I did not pick up OW for it to become the bootleg of the bootleg CS:GO.

13 Likes

Yeah and it’s also fun running them into ashe/mccree and just getting instantly vaporized

2 Likes

Yeah I play sporadically now and for very limited time periods just because of how boring the game has become.

1 Like

everyone just forgot what it was like because mid range dps were never meta for long or in pairs. and, most of the time that they were meta, so was dva with un nerfed DM. even in moth meta, soldier was only played for ulting mercy.

they want to call it damage creep. its just the midrange hitscans being viable.
maybe we can finally get that junkrat mine nerf revert and .3 ball revert.

They play from a FPS point of view do they not? also builders been part of other FPS games for a long time. The ways they deal dps has nothing to do with smashbros characters like doomfist and overall insane sustain being added to the game for no other reason but to ruin the experince for good players and devalue skill.

1 Like

Your post is just your opinion, but the facts state otherwise. The popularity of other games compared to Overwatch just proves that players prefer lower TTK. DPS role popularity proves that too. By the way, the goats and 2-2-2 are probably the most devastating things ever happened to Overwatch.
But I can agree that higher TTK can work too. But the way they implemented it just doesn’t work. The healing speed in this game is insane. This is what makes DPS more rewarding to play, they actually have more abilities to burst through the healing. Healing and sustaing is the core idea of goats comp. I think it would have been better if they decreased healing output in this game by several margins while increasing the health for all heroes - this way you can achieve longer TTK and make poke damage more valuable.

1 Like

Really, the issue is that if a healer isn’t on you 100 percent of the time - especially as a tank - you are instantly melted by like one or two enemies. The TTK in this game is way too low on your own.

6 Likes

Right…

Overwatch was always a FPS and always will be.
It was never even close to a Moba the only thing that was close to a “Moba-Shooter” was the Amazon thing that got canceled.

And Apex Legends low TTK? The TTK in this game is huge, there is actually even only 1 “oneshot” which actually is not even oneshot, because you do not die immediately and also only available in carepackages.

I’ve thought this for years now.

yea but damage is so high and ttk is so low even tanks get shreaded and that is not ok, people do not like sustain war as meta which is fine and fair double barrier was essentially who break shield first. goats was who get first pick, but in both of those metas all roles were playable, chungdu and clockwork vendetta showed even at the highest level of play with cordination dps were playable in goats, sure goats was basically a must pick and none of us are pro owl players but the double shield example is better. anyways, currently tank is almost unplayable, rein has a shield that gets shreaded, his health is too low to block the high damage of even a hanzo or widow, someone where shields are supposed to counter them, orisa is in a little bit of a better spot due to range but not really ball was meta because he had enough hp to survive but in my opinion he still kinda sucked and wasnt the problem nerfing him made the tank problem worst. sigma same thing, he is good dont get me wrong but his nerf put us in an even heavier poke meta. overwatch can keep nerfing tanks it wont help us. what needs to happen is major damage nerfs, slight healing nerfs, and tank buffs but not huge buffs where dps become a struggle again.

1 Like

so overall opinion on this, the meta we are in right now is what we get when tanks suck like they do now. its heavy poke and a hit scan hero still rains supreme. I hate to say it but hit scan heroes need nerfs no buffs, ashe didnt really get nerfed sure she cannot 1 shot a full 200 hp target but her firerate is higher and if your on 4 health you probably will back off. also she is better at breaking shields making shield situation worst.

Hanzo did not need a buff personally I would have nerfed his damage a little, I mean to disrespect to hanzo players but they already have such a powerful kit and the only reason they are not played is because hit scan is just better. why play hanzo when ashe can do what he does but is hit scan and has a better ult most of the time, both are good but bob is generally better.

If we want out of this meta allot of changes will need to happen as I said earlier: a heavy damage nerf a slight healing nerf and a tank buff. Rein needs his buff reverted and just increase shield to 2000 if he is not played, most tanks in my opinion are balanced other than sigma just because sigma can do so much, ball is good but dva is better in dive just because defence matrix is so good. and winston is better in dive because of bubble, I personally would revert the ball nerf but I might be a little biast as a ball player. so the only tank buff actually that should be done is maybe give orisa 50 more health make sigma shield 1 second and just nerf some other part of his kit like rock or hypershphere damage. the 1shot 200 hp combo is already ruined so why not just nerf it a little more.

The last thing is these are just Ideas off the top of my head so they probably are not the best. dont take them so seriously its just some ideas

"
ot counter strike where headshots insta kill
so the better player can just walk in whenever they want

TF2 wasn’t that fast.

No, it shouldn’t. If someone messed up, but their team is pumping them with resources, they should survive.

flashbacks to TF2, where quality was often substituted by quantity

Or game shouldn’t be so team-dependent, so you get rewarded with kill, but not with victory.

1 Like

…???
Fights in apex last so much longer than in overwatch; is this bait? lol
You have to chew through shields, hp, know if enemies are healing up behind cover, worry about revives, etc. Not to mention there’s only 1 single rare gun that can headshot one shot, that you have to fight over a care package for, that is hard to use with very limited ammo, and even if you get headshot a teammate can still pick you back up.

Maybe actually look into the game and find out why so many overwatch players and streamers have left to go play apex instead lol.

4 Likes

Re-introduce main tanks, buff shields again, go back from turning them into off-tanks. Make Roadhog a dps character.

1 Like

Don’t forget the brief period of double sniper between them. And the super oppressive period of double sniper after. And before.

Or make him an actual tank then make Doomfist and Mei tanks.

How else do you handle excessive damage?

Getting rid of Goats didn’t get rid of all extra damage.

I have suspicions, that damage getting “too high” goes as far back, as moth meta, where it remained unnoticed due to resurrects.

4 Likes

I completely disagree

Sometimes it feels like there’s certain people who have never actually played FPS games before and they think every FPS game that isn’t Overwatch is actually counter-strike.

3 Likes