So we're still in FPSWatch

I never said it was a Moba :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Valorant was designed similar to Overwatch, but with an emphasis on FPS elements rather than MOBA elements (unlike OW).

Whilst we’re on the topic of Valorant (as you used it as a comparison to Overwatch), here’s what the devs of Valorant had to say about their MOBA elements:

“[Tactical Gameplay] was combined with the creative ability usage from MOBAs like League of Legends or World of Warcraft to create a “fun” and “exciting” shooter like VALORANT.”

Does this mean that Valorant is a MOBA? Or an MMO? Of course not. Having elements from another genre does not make your game said genre.

HOWEVER the identities of these games rely on an equal balance between all genre elements. Recently, both Valorant and Apex Legends devs have come under fire for making their games “too much like Overwatch” with abilities becoming stronger and stronger. The Overwatch devs are being criticised for the opposite.

5 Likes

Yes i really enjoy playing respawn simulator.

5 Likes

That’s because Overwatch has no ammo management. You just pick Sigma/Junkrat/Hanzo/any other spam-based hero and you’re good - ammo is infinite anyway, no need to find ammo packs around the map. Meanwhile, damage negation tools aren’t infinite and has to be managed. That’s the problem OW has from the start - you have to worry about protecting yourself more than about applying meaningful damage and not be left with no ammo left in front of an enemy team. This is why the current OW is broken - there is no strong damage mitigation left, only strong damage. And mind you, this is after the majority of damage has been lowered already.

But whatever. If that’s what devs want their game to be - it’s their choice. The playerbase will decide whether they agree with the direction the game is going, or they will move onto other games.

6 Likes

I don’t get what the issue is. They said this is what they were aiming for. Tbh I think it might be why the forums are so dead. Either people are MUCH happier, or everyone is gone . Either way, the goal was achieved. It just isn’t my own preference.

2 Likes

remove one shot. There I said it. They shine when there are to many shields, they shine when there are no shields. One shot needs to go and everything else needs to be nerved on that level.

2 Likes

You said it was a MOBA/FPS hybrid, which is plainly not the case. It is an FOS and always has been. SAying “Oh, it’s becoming more like an FPS” makes little to no sense because there is no qualifying aspects that makes other FPS games more FPS than other FPS games.

A game cannot be more First Person Shooter-y than another Fist Person Shooter because you are always shooting in the first person.

I agree and I really don’t like hitscanwatch.

6 Likes

This is a ridiculous, false and facetious statement. I’ve already pointed at both Valorant and Apex as examples of other FPS shooters with different game design.

Stop trolling the forums.

7 Likes

How can one game shoot more in the first person than another game that also shoots in the first person?

Please do tell.

Exactly. The category of “FPS” is not secluded to one particular type of gameplay.

Yeah, I think we all have to remember everybody has their own preferences when it comes to the game :slight_smile:

Some might like this, really low ttk, burst damage-y, poke damage, mess. Well, in my opinion it’s a mess :man_shrugging:

I understand that the devs stated they wanted the game to lean towards the more “traditional” fps - or whatever it is they exactly said. I’m sure someone could probably quote it if they wanted.

Do I personally think the game is heading in the wrong direction right now? Yes. Damage is too high/ttk is far too low in my opinion. Tanks are suffering badly right now. There seems to be a lot of people leaving it…and there’s got to be a reason for that.

5 Likes

Lets not blame tracer on sigma…it was so she could outrange brig

If you’re a hitscan player sure since they’re allowed to be broken.

5 Likes

She could out range Brig before, they just made it easier and with less risk.

4 Likes

mercy damage boost on the hanzo

This is the most bs post I have ever read on the forums. Go back to cod. You are not welcome in this kind of game.

5 Likes

Not with 100% damage she couldnt. Add in armor and her fall off made out ranging her pointless.

Most viable =/= good

They just happen to stumble across being the best option at the time. Tanks are weak as hell rn.

3 Likes

As long as she was outside of 7m she was safe from stun. She had 10m before falloff so she had 3m of space to get full damage. That space went from 3 to 6m.

3 Likes

Look, can we just agree that the TTK is too low and move on?

I’m sure that most agree that a Rein putting his shield down for less than a second and almost instantly dying is too much.

9 Likes

overwatch is a fps, if you want a moba go play lol or dota