So uh... halloween?

My point was that it’s irrelevant, of course the skins aren’t as big a deal as people starving and dying. But this is the overwatch forums, where people are talking about overwatch, and it’s a valid place for comments and complaints about overwatch

3 Likes

Exactly! What’s stopping you?

The skins are great but they really need to either lower their prices or make them easier to grind.

3 Likes

Nothing.

But im still going to vent my frustration on how my favorite game was turned into a glitchy half baked cash cow thats only real goal is to suck money out of it’s players, as i have the right to.

If im spoiled or “unhinged” for being pissed off about the state of a game i liked, than I’ll wear that title with pride.

6 Likes

If that’s what was happening, I’d agree with you. The posts I am responding to are not people “talking about Overwatch.” They are rich kids with $10,000 computers complaining about a $20 skin that serves exactly ZERO purpose in-game (unless how your character looks matters that much to you). Do you know what the absolute MOST impactful way to get your message across about "expensive " skins? Don’t buy them. No amount of forum posts on the planet will change anything if people are buying them.

The attitude here is bonkers.

it kinda shows you how long they had to take developing a game just to -1 a tank and minimally change heroes to fit their “revolutionized sequel” 5v5 game

1 Like

Okay.

They never show everything new in a teaser…just wait…

You’re right that nothing will change if people keep buying into it. How likely is that, who knows?
I think though it’s good for players to have a place (hosted by blizzard nonetheless) to see how other players are also angry about the crazy monetization. I have no idea how much any of this, or the negative YouTube videos, streamers etc. will actually even reach blizzard’s ears. But I enjoy seeing the community unrest because I also feel it and it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one.

4 Likes

Let me guess, the Halloween event is exactly the same as OW1 and they did zero game development despite people saying that with all the money from skins they can actually afford to do game development again.

3 Likes

I can’t relate to this at all, but I understand what you are saying.

I’ve never been a fan of group therapy and whatnot. However, some people like that kind of stuff.

Appreciate the discussion.

1 Like

It must be nearly 18 months ago now (? it’s all hazy) that they had their first content creator meeting with the CCs all went in depressed and asking why they were still playing OW at all and came out all enthused that OW2 would be great and had lots of great things planned.

Well, guess what, this was what they were offered to hype up OW2. Skins and cosmetic drops to increase their viewership numbers. That’s it. Sold out so easily.

As a girl that does like to have skins and play dress up, I’m also old enough to know better.

…my wallet is closed…and locked away from Blizzard.

(also what twitch account…nope not gonna make one. Gonna be the luddite here and not bother…)

4 Likes

all they did was make some stupid FOMO moment to get a skin, no one is going to go back to watching that streamer again unless they are actually entertaining to watch. If they want to make the game fun for people to play, do that very thing, don’t make me watch my cousin at Christmas play Sonic 2 all night.

1. I wasn’t speaking to someone that ‘learns to make 3D art better’ by getting cosmetics in a game (also aren’t they all viewable in the hero gallery without purchase)

2. That’s not what I said. I suggested there may be better options for people that value ‘cosmetic look’ as the prime motivation (more than 50%) for playing the game… :wink:

…that’s cool. I’ll…wait…for that to happen… :wink:

That’s nice but was not the thing I was discussing so…thanks for your input I guess?

…that’s demonstrably false. The battle pass contains several unlocks for both the free and paid tracks… :wink:

I can’t wait. I am also excited for inevitable server issues, more disappearing of skins when Bastion returns, and other bs nonsense that will go wrong, not possibly, it just will.

I also can’t wait to see that the new PvE is literally so below the bare minimum that it’s not even a serious joke anymore.

1 Like

“What about weekly epic skins challenges?”
“Best i can do is a keychain and two stickers”

Ah, but it is. You can deflect if you want, but that falls apart if we quote the entire chain.

You start by saying that you’re more interested in the mode’s gameplay rather than cosmetics (which is fine, I somewhat agree).

The response is, yes that’s fine for you but others have things they’d prefer. Hence the OP.

Also I apologize for the indirect quoting, Tsunder

This was your answer to the point that “people want to actually earn cosmetics.”

“This isn’t the game for those people, OW2 is an FPS first.”

I simply twisted your own logic back at you. Overwatch 1 was not centered on cosmetics and yet provided a much more accommodating way to obtain them.

If you don’t see how it relates to your conversation still, I don’t know how to help you. But hopefully this is clearer for you.

4 Likes

go check the overwatch reddit, and the youtube comments, and comments here - the majority of people care and think this is bs. your sour little “well it doesnt matter to me” attitude is the minority.

2 Likes

It would be pretty wild if the holiday events had the same number of skins as before when they’re also doing the seasonal skins every two months.