So, they've deleted another hero I play

Uhhh… okay that Hog Orissa meta never existed then.

I agree, they exagerated this time, I understand nerfing her but this is ruining a hero. And then, she has a higher skill ceiling than Reinhardt, but he is the best tank now, at all ranks. What’s the point of learning her difficult projectile/tracking shooting now?

wow hyperbole much ? get a grip.

So your precious crutch gets nerfed and you immediately mutate to one of those people ? Man I hope you rage quit.

That being said, I do not agree with the damage nerf.

2 Likes

They deleted Orisa from the game? I thought they said they would never remove heroes. /s

1 Like

It’s real easy to mention the nerfs she’s gotten without mentioning all the buffs huh…

She’s been buffed numerous times since her release… her shield was made bigger, her spread was decreased, she’s able to deploy shield while firing, got 50 extra total HP in the form of armor, her walkspeed increased while firing, her projectiles are faster than they were…and those are just the buffs that come to mind… she is the definition of powercreep.

1 Like

But don’t worry guys. They would never sledgehammer a hero out of the meta /s

3 Likes

I bet yall panic when the Doomsday clock moves too :joy:

I think the damage nerf to Orisa was unnecessary, but the rest seem pretty solid. As I said in the PTR thread, I would have nerfed Halt with a longer cooldown because it’s an ability with insane value, but there’s nothing stopping them from doing that later on down the line. And yes, I do play some Orisa myself.

Making both her and Sigma less of “must-picks” does open things up for tank players that don’t want to be berated/reported by their theam for choosing something else. If Blizz can hammer down some power levels and make all tanks work in general (even if still somewhat dependent upon map/game type/team comp), then you have the liberty of having the entire roster at your disposal. Right now tanking can feel like de facto two-tricking because people freak if you don’t pick Orisa or Sigma. Rein is a weird exception in that he’s a barrier tank, but can’t contribute to damage at the same time, and is actually really difficult to get value from in both the shielding and damage categories unless your teammates know how to play with a Rein.

And by that, I mean of course, not expecting that shield to be up 24/7, knowing that the shield is coming down as soon as he gets within melee range of the enemy, that he still has to hug corners and deploying that shield is for short bursts to help them poke and move into different places in the level that have natural cover, etc.

Those are just the buffs that come to your mind because there are none else.
Btw,her dps was nerfed so can you explain how having her damage decreased is the definition of powercreep please?

Her damage being nerfed isn’t powercreep…

Her being consecutively buffed at least half a dozen times over the past year or two to the point where she’s been the best tank for more than half a year is… that’s the definition of powercreep. Her being nerfed this patch is Fixing her being overtuned.

1 Like

She wasn’t consecutivly buffed.
When they reduced her spread and increase her projectiles speed,they nerfed her damage and the size of her clip.
When they increased her walking speed when firing/fortify,they increased her shield’s CD and lowered her shield’s hp etc.
The buff she got wasn’t free.

She consistently netted buffs since her release. She was powercrept, overtuned, and has finally been nerfed.

1 Like

Sorry the sarcasm but… hello I’m a Sombra main, wanna discuss about deleting a hero?

1 Like

This is just wrong.
Can you please list the buffs she got with no nerf at the same time please?

Maybe you don’t understand what “net” means. Regardless of whatever “nerfs” she may have gotten, she has been buffed overall, which is why she has now been nerfed.

I see.
No argument,only “what you think”…

No… my argument is she has been consistently buffed since her release, she is the definition of powercreep. You have no argument besides “well she’s been nerfed too” but those nerfs don’t offset all the buffs she’s received :man_shrugging:

1 Like

shut up 13 characters required

As somebody who plays a lot of Baptiste and Orisa I do empathise. It is not that I am not open to the necessity of nerfs, but I don’t get why they need to change so many things at once. The result, cumulatively, is usually a sledgehammer.

I guess though that’s the intended effect.

My friends and I usually play DPS on DVA and Orisa to avoid queues and the nerf isnt even noticeable.