So Supports might get Evasion/Sustain buffs

Assuming they have skill to hit shots. …

The majority of support players that do, arent playing mercy.

Since they would be effectively crippling themselves in exchange for becoming an enabler who becomes heavily relyant on others to protect them

Nah thats when i just swap to dva

Good luck with that, I am afraid of hitscans more, than of Dva.

The fact idiotic OP Zarya isn’t mentioned even once makes me wonder what the hell is Blizzard even doing lol

That’s what they came for sym? , mind you if this passive goes live she will,go back to 70 ammo , only 3 tanks have shields , this is a useless passive , sym needs sustain or movement or damage buffs , not this garbage which should’ve been there already

On PC she does in fact need a rework. The move to OW2 made her issues worse than they already were.

I mean we’ve had this conversation enough times that you know the sorts of changes I would want her to get. Now not trusting the devs to not mess up again… that’s honestly fair.

To be blunt it is because I have nothing to lose. I’m already not playing her or OW in general. If they mess her up even worse… I will simply keep on not playing. However if they did manage to fix her then I might get to have fun with OW again.

Rolling the dice even with terrible odds makes sense when none of your money is on the table.

right???

they should nerf tank damage and have them focus more on being tanks
maybe even change their passive to slow enemy’s by 10% or 20% when tank deals damage to them :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Imagine Zen being able to kick himself off the ground and just float away into the stratosphere

again, this is a want

as in some players want a rework

It is not a need

if it is fair to be concerned - to put it rather diplomatically - about how the devs would rework her, why take that chance?

to be blunt, every Mercy player has everything to lose

One may think “they wont touch this one power I love” but history has shown that they can and they will

A rework of Mercy may even do away with GA, which is one thing I think pretty much any Mercy player, no matter what side they are on, loves…and yet, it too could disappear with a rework

so yes, actually, you and every Mercy player has everything to lose if a rework happens

The “money on the table” is that of all the many many many other people who are playing and enjoying Mercy as she is

Can you honestly say that you dont care about them, at all, as long as you alone have a small chance of getting something you personally want?

seriously?

although you and I generally dont see eye to eye, I really have never felt you were/are a selfish individual, and certainly not at this extreme a level of selfishness…so I find it hard to believe that you have truly thought this through

Then why they removed stuns

What exactly is the identity of the support role? they want you to do damage - but not as much as dps. You can’t counter with healing or damage mitigation and dps has way more varied utility - where is this role’s power / identity? You run around trying not to get killed doing nothing?

Because I am almost completely certain that Overwatch will bleed players and die in 6 months or less if they don’t.

Mercy 1.0 and 2.0 was and stupidity still is the only viable hero in the sustain corner of the Offense/Defense/Sustain triangle because nobody else has a sustain way of dealing with one shots.

Her not being super popular results in the meta being actually terrible.

To be honest, what I’d be thrilled with is if they pulled a Soldier/McCree/Widow/Ashe with Mercy. Sure, leave Mercy the way she is… if they add in several different flavors of her gameplay into the game. That’d be fine… but they seem determined to never do that ever.

That’s merely the easiest to explain reason I personally have for it. My other reasons are quite game design heavy.

1 Like

I do see some rather serious problems ahead for the game being called OW2

…but…

I dont see it dying over one single character being substandard in the eyes of some players

said another way, if the game dies in a few months, I dont think this occurs because of Mercy not getting reworked. There are a cornucopia of other bigger issues

youre seriously ok with many many many other players almost certainly getting a gutted shell of what Mercy was on the slight chance you might get what you personally want?

seriously?

Wait, who is the new lead hero designer?

Also, IMO the support survivability buffs they’ve handed out thus far have been pretty effective and also gave those heroes really fun new gameplay options. Bap’s Regen Burst change was a bit less in the more-fun-to-play department, but Snap Kick and Mercy’s new slingshot system feel so good once you get used to them and really expand what you can do with the heroes. Being the mouse in the game of cat-and-mouse is pretty fun when you have the ability to dodge and juke like
crazy or boop the cat off the map.

1 Like

Would be nice if JQ can comeback like she was in Beta 1, but her war scream only affect her HP. Zarya make her miserable to play, and add Kiriko her blood dps does nothing now, with the cleanse. A little buff of her shotty damage should be nice.

Her bubble uptime is getting nerfed in next balance update.

1 Like

I would prefer them to build more Mercy likes over reworks.

1 Like

There are challenges that are geared towards a specific role, but you can still progress them from other roles. Support is definitely the most efficient role for completing challenges, since All Roles = support queue, and you can check off the damage, healing, and mitigation challenges without switching roles. But, given that support is least-popular role right now, that doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me.

1 Like

that would indeed be better in my opinion as well

that way, players who want a reworked Mercy can play one of these other somewhat different characters and the many others who like Mercy as she is still have her intact

I think they brought up those heroes because they output the closest amount of damage compared to Kiriko. That’s why there is no mention of Zen or Bap, because they deal far more damage.