So many Doom mains are quitting the game, Feels like the hero is useless if you only make one mistake, This forum made him useless and UP

Fair point. Hanzo basically throws logs at people.

1 Like

Funny enough his projectiles are only .2m lol, one of the lowest in the game. The catch with that is his arrows seem to follow the favor the shooter mechanic, being his primary attack.

This is undeniably false btw.

Both for total time across the history of OWL:

• https://i.imgur.com/0VW1ymV.png

And for this yearā€™s entire season:

• https://i.imgur.com/4LtmNuE.png

You can check the stats yourself:

2 Likes

this is hands down 1 of the best threads ive seen written on the forums.

it isnt biased, it diagnoses a problem.
it doesnt reek of fanboying or 1 trick.
you should put this on reddit, maybe r/competitiveoverwatch?
i think including his original design philosphy was a good point/ touch.

also who the hell is rightwardsky, is this reposted form somewhere else?

1 Like

This, 100%. One shots and stuns, specially effortless ones are what ruin this game.

True , playing him feels like a punishment , u do 1 mistake and youā€™re dead , he is by far the toughest hero I have come across , time and time , blizzard and their stupid notions on not removing his one punch potential , which the whole community wanted , remove one punch and increase his mobility , but no , blizzards useless game balance team does not do ANY thing right

2 Likes

Doomfist is fine. I read the entire post and I still canā€™t help but continue believing in this statement.

He isnā€™t underpowered as he used to be years ago and he isnā€™t overpowered as he was months ago.

Concerning the post itself, Doomfistā€™s Ultimate, while certainly one of the less powerful ones, isnā€™t in no way the weakest DPS Ultimate, as it has overall been buffed and if comboā€™ed with other Ultimates such as Graviton, itā€™s most of the times unstoppable. On that same note, come onā€¦ Doomfist has high survivability for a DPS due to the sometimes ridiculous extra shields he can land by just landing his abilities (why donā€™t other heroes get this bonus as well?), all the while having some of the absolute best mobility and get - out - of - jail abilities in the entire game.

As for his counters, once again, he isnā€™t even close to the most easily - countered hero in the game and Iā€™m not even going to get into the absolute stretches that led to Tracer somehow being labeled as a ā€œā€œhard - counterā€ā€ to Doomfist, etcā€¦

So yeah thatā€™s pretty much everything concerning the post itself. Once again and in my opinion, for a hero with a kit as frustrating to play against and infested with CC as Doomfist, I believe heā€™s in a pretty good spot, in which the mains of the hero still kick serious butt with him is low/mid ranks at least where I play, all the while the heroā€™s moderate skill floor and high skill ceiling shines.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you know? If a DPS isnā€™t top 2 picked at every level they are utter trash and need extreme buffs. Remember that they used to call Genji trash while he was on the upper side of middle.

Zen.

Doomfist needs a rework. According to most since his release heā€™s never actually been balanced. He swings between OP and trash throw pick with the smallest change. Remember when adding a 0.15 hang time on his upper cut would make him completely useless? Thatā€™s a sign of a badly designed hero in need of a rework.

It was adding it to a .2 second hang up already- giving about a 1/3 second pseudo stun at the height of a very predictable and linear movement. Thats not a sign of a badly designed hero- thats a sign of a bad balance decision.

Imagine if ana self-stunned herself for 1/3 a second after using sleep dart- and someone came and went ā€œsee that breaks her. shes brokenā€

1 Like

I agree kinda everywhere except for the ult part, his ult dmg is so bad, the kill is almost never guaranteed even on ana, and if she have brig to help her, there is no way u can follow up except if she dont have nade and u manage to shot her asap after u landedā€¦

It wouldnā€™t break Ana though.
A sleeping target canā€™t defend itself anyways.

The Upper Cut nerf was meant to give the target a reasonable time to somehow react to the Upper Cut, but it turned out that there are only 2 extremes to choose from:

Either the recovery time is so short that the target canā€™t to anything about getting shot in the face, or it is so long that any heroes who have the means to defend themselves will most certainly do so.

An on/off switch is kind of impossible to balance.

Thatā€™s a big explanation you have there. But Doomfist is still balanced. Especially in lower ranks he stomps because he has something every one else in the DPS category lacks - a super high pick potential.

Yes, he also has his downsides. But everyone has. If you start buffing doomfist, itā€™s going to be a nightmare for everyone else.

If Ana had an immediate insta kill follow up then sure. But she doesnā€™t. The only way she can kill someone who is slept is to land 2 extra shots and use her only self heal ability. A combo which takes longer than the recovery time of getting up from sleep. They also have longer CD than DFā€™s entire kit.

Close but they are completely different abilities with two completely different purposes.

Thank you. Like I said, heā€™s either too powerful or a throw pick with tiny changes. Bad design and in need of a rework before he can be balanced.

1 Like

Being a bad hero does not mean that you wont counter then in theory. so was Hogā€™s job kill 200hp targets but he was so bad that he could not do that.

1 Like

I love this! Also meteor strike should refill them.

1 Like

Wellā€¦ there is hitstun is smash, yet they cry about his cc
also hard combos are usually inconsistent but infinite-combos.

1 Like

He was the creator of the original post but he did not get any kind of attention, his post was so good with good points, idk why people did not look at it, so i thought i could try to call that Doom could not be fun to play against but is not op and actually is underpowered.

1 Like

average human reaction time is 215 milliseconds, this is slightly more than his old uppercut, but if you count his slam in then anyone can react to it. also if you canā€™t see Doomfist coming, you deserve to get killed. even widow can walk behind you and kill you if you are inaware.

1 Like

The fact that Doomfist should be the best hero to counter the current meta but heā€™s not.

Thereā€™s just too much CC and close range heroes have it bad with hitscans dominating.

Playing Doom into Cree Brig is a nightmare, you either die from range with Cree or get flashbanged / bashed if you dare getting close to their backline.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a few studies. I was referring to the one from Harvard, which is between 100-400ms.

That 100ms is highly dependent on many factors, most notably knowing youā€™re going to blink and blinking as fast as you can. For reference, it takes the brain anywhere from 150 to 200ms just to send the signal to motion your body to react. Not even including the time it takes to react. So. No.

ā€œyOu sHoUlD HaVe sEeN iT cOmInG, 5hEaDā€
ā€œlEt mE sCaPeGoAt yOu pErSonAlLyā€

• https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/clip/StylishPuzzledNarwhalBudBlast
  • https://www.twitch.tv/jayne/clip/PeacefulPiliablePieSoonerLater

Meanwhile literal top tier Pro Playerā€™s and Coachā€™s.

I swear, Doom defenderā€™s will use any excuse at this point. That heroā€™s kit is designed terribly, without question.

1 Like