So logins are getting low, huh?

Interesting. I absolutely despise Warzone 2.0’s Battle Pass.

Not free from any criticism. Just free from criticism over something that doesn’t deserve it. There are enough things to criticize that there is really no need for the community to put their tinfoil hats on and complain about free stuff.

Quite risky, considering why they were kicked out last time. Even some quite rich Chinese businessmen, that tried to mess with CCP, just disappeared. And their partner lost license for game production in China for many years - who will want to share same fate?

More like profits fall. Inflation across the globe skyrockets, people spend less money on games. When you have to choose between food and heating, you are in no position to buy virtual goods.

If the game is dying it is well deserved Microsoft, Blizzard and Activizion screwed the pooch on this game and they don’t deserve any form of success if this is how they wish to treat their consumers.

I’ve seen quite a few reports from YT channels that run the Analytics, the game’s population has taken a MASSIVE dive since launch. Although to be expected to a certain extent, it’s really taken a hit from the core players that you would expect to stay around.

A lot of it has to do with abysmal match-making and ranked issues. I still stand by the thought removing the off-tank will have a heavy hand in killing this franchise.

2 Likes

Or it has to do with generally awful financial situation in the world. Prices on electricity are climbing in many places, so your PC or console can become quite costly, even without spending money on virtual goods, just from costs of power and internet.

Sure, matchmaking also is partially to blame, but we have perfect storm here, of multiple reasons not to play Overwatch, that align together.

Where did these YT channels get their information?

You’re really blaming game population on people not being able to afford their electricity? they’re just playing other games or doing other things with their time.

Plenty of other games aren’t having population issues.

Imagine saying you can’t play ranked today cause you’re worried bout you electricity bill. How did you even afford a system to play on in the first place if your situation is that dire.

1 Like

Because it wasn’t that dire before, easy. Prices can change over time, as well as your paycheck.

I can’t remember, there are websites that pull the information via scripts and other stuff. It’s accurate. Kinda like you can track steam-stats etc.

Steam has an official API that clients can call to get the data for active player counts. Blizzard doesn’t do any such thing. There’s no such thing as a script that can pull up OW2’s player data. There’s only one website that I know of that claims to have this data, ActivePlayer. That website is a fraud, they literally make things up to drive SEO and show you ads.

Iunno, because here’s the sad truth… For as much as OW2 is making a lot of dumb mistakes… It’s also still the top shooter of its genre…

TF2 doesn’t want anything to do with competing against the game (that I imagine waaay more people would just flock to playing if they did).

Gundam Evolution… it was already kind of a niche community, and the devs really showed they didn’t know what they were doing to the point I’ll be shocked if that game sees a S4.

That mostly just leaves… Overwatch.

Mind you, this isn’t saying it is the best shooter out there. It’s huge emphasizing of the team based shooters with the game modes it focuses… It’s the only real thriving one.

TF2 doesn’t really have to do anything to outlive Overwatch, I believe.

1 Like

Look. I’m not saying it’s a horrible game, but it isn’t going to be the top of the genre again till the game actually does things to make people want to consistently play it.

Games typically need content to maintain interest, TF2 had long checked out.

And it still produces content, even while developers have little to do with it.

Neat

Thanks to engine TF2 runs on, creating custom stuff for it is easy, especially when you got Garry’s Mod and other games using same engine.

It’s a bit outdated, but there is collective effort to recreate TF2 on more modern, Source 2, engine. So far, for me, that was where Overwatch is ahead - it has better graphics and more modern engine.

2 Likes

The only competitor left is Paladins and it really can’t be considered as such. It never was.

Oh absolutely. I believe this is one of the reasons they felt like they could do whatever the F they wanted with the franchise and get away with it. OW is unique and Blizzard knows it very well.

Still, I bet they weren’t expecting such a massive negative reaction. Youtubers, steamers, Reddit, forums, Metacritic, specialized press…

Wherever you look the general feeling towards OW2 is rejection. The constant drops from Twitch and the rewards for logging in only further evidence what is happening: Playerbase has dropped dramatically.

2 Likes

Wait what? PC has Aim-Assist now?

Yeah. That honestly sucks because it’s a style of FPS game that I really do enjoy. To watch devs just F around with it because “It’s us or nothing” really sucks.

Like I genuinely wish Gundam did way better, but it didn’t take long at all to see it and go, “Ohhh… The devs are gonna tank this game… fast.” So that’s not even really an alternative option.