So logins are getting low, huh?

Shareholders called?

102 Likes

The constant drops on twitch was not enough of a indication? Most creators won’t say anything bad either until the viewers starts simmer out. Not cause I blame them, it is business after all and not a charity. No reason to complain at the hand that feeds them if they’ are being fed.

43 Likes

I don’t want to be mean, but if I’m going to be perfectly honest a lot of the experience around the actual game itself seems to have been concocted by imbeciles. Greedy imbeciles. While I can’t say for sure what has motivated these log-in incentives, I can say that nobody has more talent for running a thing into the ground than greedy imbeciles and it wouldn’t surprise me if this was motivated by low log-ins.

Maybe that’s not fair, maybe they just wanted to do a nice thing and I’ll be happy for the intros personally, but they have created the environment where it’s so easy to assume the worst.

68 Likes

yea obviously…

more twitch rewards to manipulate the viewer numbers,
dropping phone protection on new accounts
and these login rewards

also adding aim assist to pc without giving an option shows they are lacking players… when there would be enough players, you can simply give people this option.

8 Likes

Dead game. All the new players quit because of no progression system and many veterans quit because the game is a downgrade from OW1 is every way.

And these “rewards” suck. I pity anyone who logs into a game just for something as worthless as highlight intros.

82 Likes

Whats the point of logging in into a game to get free stuff if you weren’t planning on playing in the first place.

I am not even going to bother logging in. You know what would be a good motivator to log in to the game? Fun gameplay! Not free stuff for a game no one cares about anymore.

22 Likes

small indie game devs klei give people EVERYDAY a login reward in form of a skin for dont starve together… you can get a cheap skirt for a character or a legendary level skin…

basically you collect this bad skins, sell them for currency and buy the good ones for that… without even playing the game.

5 Likes

Free stuff is fine, I guess? But I don’t play Sojourn and JQ so two out of three are already meaningless for me. Beyond free cosmetics it would be great if they just focus on making the game itself more fun to play.

5 Likes

then it sounds like the only solution is to return full custody and creative control back to the original creators to prevent further decay. or restore 6v6 and unnerf supports effective immediately.

3 Likes

Massive agree. It’s a downgrade in every way, on top of the fact that they STOLE the original from us. They replaced a tried and true game that people still played with the most unbalanced, rage-inducing failed mixture of deathmatch and team/hero shooter.

You can literally tell the game is an unbalanced pile of doodoo, because the community is more toxic now than ever. It’s not just the scoreboard. Nobody can decide what roles do what anymore, and every roll blames every other roll for losses WAY WAY more than in the first game lol. Every single game I play has some smarty pants yelling “______ DIFF” in the chat.

“Dps don’t need heals! Just kill, and simply never die or take damage ever!”

“Support doesn’t need to heal, just kill!!!”

The design philosophy behind the 5v5 format has failed on all levels. I’d rather shoot into double barriers than what 5v5 is at the current moment.

33 Likes

Balance isn’t the only reason why toxicity has skyrocketed. Partially it’s also due to this “F2P” model. Being free means all the 12 year old CoD/PUBG/Fornite kids have joined our community, and all the sweaty valorant/apex cheapskates have joined as well.

And yeah 5v5 honestly is just contradictory in its own sense. People says it gives each player more individual impact, yet when a single person dies, the teamfight is probably already lost, especially when its the tank or support that dies.

Shields were a big issue in OW1, but this is not the way to fix it.

20 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever played a f2p game that doesn’t give login rewards. I’m surprised it took them this long, tbh.

A lot of games will even give you better and better rewards if you login consecutive days. So, no, I don’t think the “shareholders called.” In fact, I think it’s just their incompetence that this wasn’t already a part of the game.

2 Likes

Man, y’all really took advantage of the tinfoil hat discounts, I see.

It’s not the first time you get a free item via login either.

3 Likes

How do you know? Have you been watching me? Who do you work for?

I’m going to cover my laptop’s webcam just in case. Stay away from my hats.

11 Likes

laughs loudly

Ooh boy. Don’t look at the altimeter, people. It’s spinning like a top.

blizzard just lost the chinese market , so theyre obviously trying to compensate for that , theyre even doing a japan specific marketing campaign , i dont think the logins are getting low , but the company is trying to appeal to newer audiences , but for some reason i wonder why these intros are not earnable through gameplay , its like blizzard doesnt want whoever login to play the game , but just to check out the shop lol
sorry about my english :smiley:

5 Likes

Yup. Guild Wars 2 has a better login reward system, MTG: Arena has a superior battle pass system. They get my entertainment time, not this trainwreck of an inferior game.

Highlights intros? Wow! you guys are so generous with us! :open_mouth:

13 Likes

At this rate they’d might as well shut the game down and make animated episodes instead.

13 Likes

You know what I never understood. Since OW1. Whenever they do these free give stuff away things. They never make it free highlight intro for whoever of three characters. So people can actually pick who they use. We have enough highlights to do that now. I don’t care about the 3 new characters.