So logins are getting low, huh?

Ugh, that’s what grinds my gears. The teamfights were much more often MUCH more epic, and long lasting in OW1. On OW2, if you lose ANYONE, or if ANYONE on your team is a weak link, the vast majority of the time you fall like a house of cards, and spend the rest of the match playing run back to point simulator. The “Roll or get rolled” nature of the game took 100% of the fun out of all team battles.

3 Likes

35 million people - the number is pretty low considering they sold already 50 million ow1 accounts and now wanted to get many new players … it had a short spike but without drops the game would be at 30k again on twitch. they boost every number … twitch, youtube, logins… i cannot remember when i got someone from fortnite just to login.

3 Likes

dropping phone protection? so that’s why my games are full of toxic people and cheaters. noice.

1 Like

wow free stuff? hard to believe there isn’t some reason behind this.

a lot of ppl will just log in then back off though

1 Like

Sadly that’s enough to pad numbers.

Its like sony making everything possible to microsoft don’t buy activision blizzard. Sony had paid for many people ruin and complain this negotiation, but microsoft already said they will keep with transaction.

I need microsoft buy activision blizzard, to play COD and Overwatch on xcloud :yum: (also this is one of Sony’s biggest fears)

i dont think owning activision blizzard is something for microsoft to brag about, but having genshin impact being exclusive to sony is certainly nothing to brag about.

Unironically I’d rather have this.

I want Arcane, Overwatch edition.

2 Likes

if they made a full on overwatch anime it would make the game more popular, worked for cyberpunk

Cyberpunk also had the benefit of game devs who cared about more than just profits (although CDPR still mistreated its employees through crunch, but that’s an industry issue as a whole and not just limited to CDPR) to fix the mess they made. I’ve played CP2077 and while it’s not great, it’s still way better than it was.

1 Like

Yeah but sony is fighting hard to this don’t happen in future.

Fourth Quarter is about to end and the data is not as good as it should. Gotta pump it up. There you go.

By the way Tracer’s got a game-breaking bug going on right now. Disabled next week until December 6th. Save this post.

3 Likes

I would rather say to win back a bit of good faith. But no matter what they do the forums will always find a way to make it look bad for them. I like that we get them for free. Especially for F2P players this is awesome. Personally, I look forward to the Kiriko highlight.

1 Like

I think its also a sign of low store engagement. At least, it is on certain products. You notice these are “highlight intros” specifically, right? Does that mean no one’s buying the highlight intros?

I know I wasn’t; I don’t have any new highlight intro save for the one I got for free. And, at this point, I’m not using the free highlight intro either.

And you know, that would suck if the people on here weren’t right. If Blizzard said something like “You know what? Our store is terrible, we’re increasing the ways you can earn premium currency AND decreasing store prices!” I’d hate to see people talking crap about them.

Instead, almost every negative prediction came true. And blizzard is like “Uh, here’s some free highlight intros!”.

10 Likes

Twitch viewership is def dropping and starting to meet the same people numerous times in open queue. Even on OW1’s death bed it was rare to run into the same person for OQ.

Glaring issues aren’t being fixed, MW2 released, and new game hype wearing off.
I wasn’t expecting twitch viewership to plummet that much until January tbh.

no in diamond and higher that was the case and i loved it. it felt like a small community enjoying that mode and i will never forgive blizzard for ruining that.

did someone ever meet this player called genjiitaliano … i miss him so much.

Well the only reason they were even high in the first place is because of the Twitch drops. It was obvious OW2 was gonna fall in viewers after they stopped drops.

I agree that the shop is a joke, but I dont think they will change anything about it, if the sales numbers are high. Even if no one here buys them, there are more than enough casual players that do. Otherwise, we would have already seen a change in prices.

But to come in to say “Lol they give us highlight intros for the newest heroes for free! They must be in trouble huh?”, is just a bit overdramatic. I would even say that they did hold them back. All the new heroes hot released with 2 intros if I am not mistaken and not 3 like all the heroes prior. Even so: its free and we only can use one, so its a big W in my book.

Everything else is not that important in my opinion. I will judge them in S2 when things run smoother. Remember: no matter how people joke about it, its early access.

1 Like

not only drops but PAID STREAMERS … i follow bunch of fortnite streamers because i like watching it when i fall asleep … and they all streamed overwatch SPONSORED… 2 streams were paid at the very least. they also had sponsored in their title.

but there was general interest in the game, but i guess it doesnt last… ow2 is a mess to watch, less exciting, less strategy, more spawn simulator… also push is a mess and absolut horrible to watch.

1 Like