So is comp ranking broken in OW2?

Boy do you look like an idiot now.

1 Like

No, I merely pointed out the obvious.

Your comment is silly - I couldnā€™t care less about how I ā€œlookā€ to you.

Being placed low isnā€™t a bug, I went from Plat to silver 4 :smiley: Everyone I know was placed low, even Kabaji got put in plat.

Apparently there was a bug KEEPING people in B5, but I am back up to plat nowā€¦ They purposefully deranked everyone, I assume to give us a weird false sense of progression fo those who have been ā€˜stuckā€™ for a few seasons.

1 Like

I have friends that were gold/plat in ow 1 but havenā€™t played in a long time and they are bronze still after a couple weeks. There are a lot of players at that skill level so you likely arenā€™t playing against high MMR bronze players. The system is trying to have you prove yourself.

Yep. Comp support role cue is instant. Why in is that? People are focused on winning and supports have the least impact on that outcome.

You have absolutely no idea what youā€™re talking about.
Please stop posting.

Cheers.

1 Like

I died a ton and even lost more games then I won as support and ranked silver 4. Think I went 7 wins and 10 losses or so.

Either the system bugged or people have no clue what theyā€™re talking about.

1 Like

my bro just pm me he is a rich noob but he is smart with gatcha games

after going like 6-wins 19-losses avg k/d like 0.41 avg dmg 717/10mins.
he buy battlepass it give him a match where enemy team leave he placed silver5
mayb it is p2win?

1 Like

Iā€™m at 24 wins out of 29 games right now and Iā€™m still bronze. I avg 10k dmg/ 10 mins. I always have less deaths and I hard carry most games mostly due to my knowledge of the game and accuracy. ALSO, Iā€™m bronze and so are my friends and I cannot play with them due to them not being in the same competitive pool. IMO this has to be a rigged system to keep people that have a lot of hours to keep playing.

1 Like

OVERALL: 23 hours played 130 games played w/ 76 wins, hard stuck Bronze. Make sense of that.

1 Like

I think youā€™re right man! Iā€™m pretty sure if you buy premium you get into Masters 5 before you drop down again too.

1 Like

they wouldnā€™t pay2win would they? they wouldnā€™t rig games for engagement, churn, inclusion and monetizationā€¦would they? pls bobby tell me itā€™s not so.
and show the code so we can check it for lawsuits!

I think if you send Bobby Kotick a Christmas basket you get gifted Grandmaster 5.

1 Like

one of the weapon charms needs to be a little golden yacht
unlock for $10k

1 Like

nobody wants to play support. thats always been the case. why dont they stop forcing this bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit role

1 Like

Tell this to GM players, who canā€™t go lower than GM, even with their eyes closed, lol.

I play support. Issue is that unless you play for stats and throw matches you donā€™t rank up as a support player. Currently after 25 games as 1 tricking Lucio with a 82% winrate Bronze 5 is where i belong.

1 Like

Support right now is so difficult to play in general cause in low elos your teammates are so totally scattered and even at bronze 5 where I am at you get targetted a LOT as a support player. So you have to somehow play around your scattered ramboing teammates AND survive 5 targets on your back making the experience woefully stressful.

Itā€™s just a total mess right now. Itā€™s no wonder no one wants to play this role right now. The stress and the absolutely back breakingly hard work it is to get wins on this role makes you basically want to go full great resignation on overwatch.

Play tank or dps even with the 5 minute wait. Itā€™s a MUCH better experience. There is SO MUCH damage right now that if you make a small mistake it gets punished brutally even in the dregs. Itā€™s like you are a white belt you are only sparring against belt wearers of a higher tier constantly

2 Likes

As we all know the MMR system are so broken. Thats simple, because nerd programers without any REAL world compete experience have no clue what it means.

They think ā€œbalanceā€ are a programed system should put better with less better gamersā€¦
Imagine If it worked like that IRL, lets put Zlatan Imbrahimovich in a low level division because hes so goodā€¦!

No no no no. WAKE UP COMPUTER NERDS or GAME Developers that make COMPETITIVE games!

Solution are simple!
You have statistic what we all can see inside the game, A LOT of it. Just match make people with similary statistic as you, +/- points here and there.
THAT will be a game changer and FUN for real.
Now we talking SPORTS and high score hunting that are FUN!
That is called COMPETE.

1 Like

I had a 60 kill game with 10k+ healing and damage as Moira along with winning EVERY placement match and it put me Bronze 4, then i won all but 1 placement match and it put me in Bronze 2. Comp is definitely broken