So is comp ranking broken in OW2?

Be glad you did this before the ranking Bug at the start. The majority of players are stuck in Bronze 5 having to grind 1000 SR to rank out.

I avoided ranking during the bug but I had played two placements of DPS during the bug - hope thatā€™s not an issue but I do expect to be lower than where my DMG finished in OW1 season 36 which was 2338. Right now Iā€™ve only won 6 out of 16 gamesā€¦ but I am avg like 21 elims per 10 mins to 8 deaths per 10 minsā€¦ not bad but not great.

Guys, SHROUD was in the silver rank, just imagine how this is not for mere mortals? Guys, whatā€™s the logic of one of the best FPS players to stay in SILVER?

This just shows to us how broken and unbalanced ranked is!

I personally only play competitively. And I was playing with my friend, but as he is in a bigger rank than mine, we canā€™t play together anymore. And days have passed and the bug remains.

I used to be gold/plat in overwatch 1 a long time ago. Placed Bronze 5 as healer (mainly Lucio) first 7 wins bumped me up to bronze 3 and 2nd 7 wins up to silver 5. I had the most heals and my damage was close to the dps and sometimes kills higher than the dps. Iā€™m currently Gold 4 and it looks like the games are closer to what I expect in equally skilled matches. This was over the course of two days doing rank. About 8 -10 hours all together.

Am so confused with the new system been a 2800-2900 player for the past 7-8ish season do my placements 7 wins 1 loss as tank, average 2 deaths per 10 mins 7.5k dps per 10 mins (first as the tank every game) and 8k damage blocked this is playing a mix of sigma, Winston and a little roadhog and my placement is silver 2 thatā€™s a min of 100+ games to get to my normal rank and that isnā€™t accounting for terrible teams one of the games we had a mercy with 273 healing in 13 minutes and sombra with 422 damage

I fought as hell also. in 3 days and almost 100 games from bronze 1 to gold.
I top the leader board and carry so hard even when losing so it is insane.
Even to try to stay out of all drama in chat too keep high endors.

But still, OMG I can feel how the system want to push me down so hard, this is so unmotivated and so boring. Donā€™t know why do make a game that punish good gamersā€¦ Make zero senseā€¦

1 Like

You name stuff off as if you are talking mad facts when in reality we have no idea how the actual system works. No, performance is not dictating ranks. I was high silver low gold in OW1 and I get it thatā€™s not good but I have improved a great deal for OW2 and so have my stats and regardless of how well I do itā€™s bronze 5. Stop trying to justify your fake high-rank and start talking about what we DO know. Even grandmasters and diamond players are getting ranked next to a poor player like me. How is that fair to them or any of us. Regardless of how well it is working for you. It is clearly broken for the vast majority or the forums wouldnā€™t be so damn full.

1 Like

Yes, everyone I know in-game has the exact same issue. You are not crazy. Something is broken.

Considering this was acknowledged by Blizzard, yes you are an idiot.

Tough guy following up on a post from over a week ago. Brilliant. Lmao.

Yea how dare I follow up with the facts, shame on me for making sure you are held accountable.