So, Blizzard... About the #DELETEBRIG movement

How long until someone at Blizzard at least acknowledges the community’s grievances? This isn’t the sort of thing that sprouts overnight, it’s the result of months of unsatisfaction for a sizeable part of the community, radio silence will only breed more hostility from the player base towards the devs. Even a simple “We’re looking into Brigitte nerfs, we don’t have anything to show for it yet but we are definitely looking into it” or any other template PR response would help calm the masses down a lot.
Have a nice day!

4 Likes

Probably because it’s a complicated issue. If Brig goes dive runs rampant, so it takes time to look at this stuff

2 Likes

I’m not telling them to actually delete Brigitte, I don’t want any character to be deleted, i just want them to say “Hey, we heard you, we’re looking to make things better for everyone”. most people who joined the movement didn’t do it out of a genuine desire to get a hero removed but to throw a tantrum Blizzard could no longer ignore.

I don’t blame you for having not heard the extremely recent news; Brig is being playtested with a nerf to Shield Bash that no longer bypasses barriers.

However, I do have a problem with this suggestion that Blizzard “isn’t doing anything.” This is an entirely wrong accusation. Brigitte almost every other patch has seen nerfs to her kit since her release. That is not radio silence, that is clearly the devs at work, applying nerfs and letting the community handle them bit by bit, without overly nerfing a hero into irrelevancy. This idea that Blizzard is doing nothing about Brig, and “ignoring the community,” is just wrong.

12 Likes

Why should they acknowledge such idiotic and selfish thing as movement about deleting a hero?

14 Likes

Because having hundreds of people join such an idiotic movement overnight can’t be a coincidence. The community was already a powder keg of frustration towards Brigitte, cavalry and EFFECT just provided the spark. And if you have such a sizeable chunk of your audience so frustrated SOMETHING must be wrong

6 Likes

Yeah they’re going to respond to a childish temper tantrum demanding they remove a hero from the game because they dont like the heroe’s kit. Because they’ve done that with every other hero people have thrown a hissy fit over as well right? /s

7 Likes

Oh they’re not ignoring the community, i wouldn’t dare suggest that BUT the #DELETEBRIG movement blew up so quickly and so massively that letting it go without an official statement is downright baffling.

1 Like

Lots of “movements” go unaddressed because there’s no reason to cave into such baby tantrums. #RevertMercy has been ignored all this time because there’s nothing the devs can say that will make that community happy. Likewise, #DeleteBrig is going to be ignored because there’s just always going to be people unhappy with Brig – far too many people, including most of those in this “movement,” are mad at Brig for all the wrong reasons. As long as Brig has any advantage over their hero pool, at any point, they’re going to beg for nerfs.

Acknowledging these movements too often and too directly is Blizzard telling their audience, “You need to form a mob in order to get a response.” And furthermore, there’s no one satisfactory answer they can give that will actually make these people feel better about their griefs, much less if it isn’t their intended design to cave into what these people want. If Brigitte is deemed not needing nerfs, she won’t get nerfed, regardless of how many people would continuously want to see it.

5 Likes

A few people won’t do much.

Because past mistakes have to be repeated, not like communication between a playerbase and a dev is important. /s
Sarcasm aside, even if they have no intention to nerf her, just saying “we’ll be keeping a close eye on the state of Brigitte in the meta to make sure she doesn’t stay too oppressive now that a new hero has been introduced” would work wonders to appease a community that’s grown frustrated enough to make such absurd demands.

In all honesty they probably have to wait and see how she is going to fit with Ashe in the game and how players are going to use her against Brigitte. If the “movement” is sincere and actually don’t want her deleted, but balanced, then I would say just be patient.

Fyi, you’re basically trying to blackmail the developers into acknowledging this meme, which sets an even worse precedent.

As the “ForumBrig” meme isn’t consistent with actual in-game Brigitte, it’s pretty understandable why they’re not arguing with memesters all day.

2 Likes

“We think brig is fine, If anything we are giving her a buff”
Would that really make people calmer?

Because fortunately they don’t give into internet tantrums.

1 Like

You can’t say they don’t give into tantrums when the Roadhog situation happened

They just did lol

1 Like

Brilliant! i just found out myself and i couldn’t be happier about the devs just talking to the community like this. They don’t always have to agree with the loudest voices but simply ignoring them will only work to make them louder (which is why i wanted them to acknowledge the movement in the first place).

Road could hook someone from the other side of a wall, Brig has never been that broken and people who brought it up like adults were listened too. There are not going to delete a hero because someone threw a fit.

The Mercy “feedback thread” says hi