Snow Angel Mercy [UPDATED]

So…I’ve seen the skin idea floating around in pretty much every thread concerning Winter Wonderland wishes.
I’m no concept artist, but I do enjoy a good art challenge.
So when I saw comments describing what people wanted to see in the concept I decided to put myself to the test.

Since the community’s ideas were what heavily inspired me to draw this the way I did, I figured the community should get the chance to see the results of their inspiration.

So if you guys have any critiques you’d like to give, or any suggestions on things you’d prefer to see in the skin, I’d love to hear them.

Update: So as you know, I asked for suggestions on how to make this concept better… And needless to say, you guys certainly delivered.
I’ve read each and every critique and I’ve taken many of the improvements you’ve suggested and added them to the original concept.

I said if I’d find the time, I’d update the thread once I’ve finished.
So without further ado, here’s Snow Angel Mercy 2.0

Thank you all so much for your help, cause honestly, I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it without you!
And holy crap, thanks so much for all love and enthusiasm you’ve shown for this project. I did not expect this to get nearly as much attention as it did.

142 Likes

OH MY GAWD.

MY MERCY IS FLAWLESS.

I really hope she’s gets a bomb winter skin since she hasnt recieved one yet and she hasn’t now recieved a event skin since new year.

P.s some feedback, I feel you could’ve done a bit more with the outfit and staff, not just the wings.

20 Likes

I’m down for a wintery angel Mercy skin as an epic skin.

If Mercy get’s a “Angel” skin for Christmas rather than Auriel Mercy, that’s just a crime against humanity.

8 Likes

I mean she got pink which is better than an event skin.

1 Like

I know, but don’t ruin this for me. My glorious angel getting a new skin.

We just need to get the casual mercy skin that we’ve seen in sprays

3 Likes

Let it go! Let it go!

2 Likes

I can’t unsee it lol.

1 Like

That’s really excellent! My only comment would be that if she’s going to be a snow angel there needs to be more snow, this has more of an ice feel to it with all the sharp pointy bits on the wings.

So perhaps top the staff with a snowflake like design. and wings with snowflake “feathers”

6 Likes

don’t listen to blank, this is PERFECT and blank stole their gamertag from Match Game '73

1 Like

I actually thought about this not long after I made the thread… So I’ll probably re-do the staff and see about adding this in.

Well these would certainly soften things up a bit… I like it.
Appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

HELL NO GIVE THE QUEEN A CHRISTMAS LEGENDARY SKIN
Mercy fits the theme so well to receive only an epic. There are lots of ideas that work with her, plus the last event skin she got was Zhuque in the Chinese New Year. Sure she received Pink, but it’s been a long timeee.

6 Likes

It’s perfect if you call her ice angel, my only criticism is that the design doesn’t match the name, as I said I thought it was an excellent design.

And no, I stole my name from Max Headroom.

1 Like

oh, i always mistook those clearance signs for match game.

also neither does jack black’s design match his name

Great work!

Just a hint though: what makes certain skins even more popular is not only a new unique apparel, but a different hairstyle which strengthens the impression that is something new and unusual.

4 Likes

Nice concept, but I don’t buy it, Mercy is too hot she’ll melt the ice immediately.

1 Like

then why doesnt mei melt

Ahh gotcha :wink:
I’ll remember that; thanks for the tip!

1 Like

That’s freaking amazing.

3 Likes

The wings…
THE wings…
THE WINGS…

I absolutely love it.

If I had a critique, my only gripe would be that she isn’t wearing white leggings. Her thighs would be pretty cold I’d assume. So she may benefit from wearing some snowflake tights, kind of like this.

http://www.footballmattersmore.co.uk/images/category_14/Womens%20Clothes%20Blue%20Snowflake%20Leggings%20Snowflake%20Clothing%20Snowflake%20Clothes%20Christmas%20leggings%20Christmas%20Pants%20Christmas%20Party%20Clothes%20Holiday%20Pants%20USSTZNNIGH.jpg

Other than that, very nicely done. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes