Smurfs yet again....every time I 6 stack. here is photo proof I screencapped and saved

All im hearing is people complain about smurfs. I know its an issue but this is not the only game that has this issue. Its a part of the game at this point and I think people should stop complaining about this stupid subject and just get better at the game. If you really want to rank you then win against the “smurf” Because that smurfs is probably only 200-300 sr higher and thats where you want to be. Myself having 3 other accounts They are only 400- sr away from my main account. THis is a non issue and seeing a Gm in silver is Super uncommon.

1 Like

So then you should count yourself for every single bronze match you’ve been in. Because that’s how many times you would be counted by the other players whose matches were ruined by your presence in a skill tier you do not belong in.

So how many matches have you ruined so far this season? 200? 300?

Yeah, but, here we all are on the OVERWATCH forum, which is… you know… the game everyone here is actually discussing. Try to keep up, mmm-kay?

LOL! I actually feel dumber for having read that statement. Why would a 1400 SR bronze derank to smurf against 1100 bronze? Why would a 1600 Silver do that? We’re trying to tell you that there are Plats, Diamonds, masters, and GMs in bronze, and your response is “just beat them anyway.” Ohhh-kay. It doesn’t need to be a GM in silver to ruin a match. Plats absolutely roll bronze teams, every time. And THAT is extremely common. Practically every play session I end up against a 6-stack that’s WAY too good to be in bronze. They’re not there to just climb, they’re there to troll. I had a bronze team that got stomped by a team so good we could not even get past the area around spawn. They wouldn’t allow us anywhere near the point. I’ve played against good bronze players and this wasn’t that. This was systematic destruction, like we were 2 years old going up against 6 OWL all-stars. It was a KOTH map (Lijang, if you must know), and they managed to keep us off the point for 30 minutes in EACH ROUND. And they made sure to win the second round once we finally touched the point, so this ONE match went on for 90 minutes. That’s trolling, plain and simple. And it only needs to happen to you once for it to be super annoying. We definitely were not the only team they did it to.

BTW, why 4 accounts? Why not one? If you’re so good, why do you need alt accounts at all? Just play the one you started with.

A 90 minute game? I’ve never heard of a game more than 30 minutes. I think that’s hyperbole. And while 200-300 is nonsense going down 1000 isn’t. And people do that. They do it to be a big fish in a amall pond and feel like a god while stroking their egos. They suck. But I’ve been there and it’s not THAT bad. I climbed outa that scummy mess and you can too if you focus on improving yourself. It’s doable.

I promise you, not hyperbole. I mean, you don’t know me, so believe what you wish, but yes, it was 30 min, each round, we spent just trying to REACH the point. Only Sombra ended up getting there, and only just barely. Because we had to actually capture the point in order to start the count down and end the round. Once we managed to reach the point, they’d let us cap it, except the second round, where they let us cap it, then took it back. They were that good, and/or we were that bad. There was literally nothing we could do. From the perspective of a true bronze player, it was on another level entirely.

But I’m convinced their motive was to keep the game going as long as possible so we would choose to leave the game, giving us a bigger SR drop (with the leaver penalty) than if they just destroyed us and won.

Fortunately, none of us left, so it was a contest to see who had the most patience. They finally gave up waiting on us to quit, and let us take the point in the 3rd round after getting bored with destroying us.

I admit, while I have seen MANY MANY more cases of smurfing in bronze, this was the only time I’ve seen anything this egregious. We asked them what their real rank was, and one said 4800. THAT was probably hyperbole (I since learned that practically no one is over 4800), but I would not for a second doubt they were over 4K.

I mean, I’d like you to believe what I’m telling you, but if you don’t, that’s okay too. I don’t particularly feel an urge to keep trying if you you’re going to dismiss my experiences just because I’m a bronze player. I got no reason at all to lie. My profile is public, I admit I’m a true bronze player, and I ALWAYS try my hardest to win.

First off, I have 4 accounts because I like to relax. When you play in high elo its very fast pasted and takes a lot of effort.

Second, smurfing is a non-issue. I bring it up that it’s in every game because since its a common theme it only makes sense that it’s just normal to have that like another element to this game. When I first started playing this game I got placed silver deranked to bronze and got into plat strait after that. I say this because you are making this sound like it is a game breaking problem. I know you never been to diamond but try playing against Master and gm smurfs where The smurfing problem is way worse in diamond.

Now ive seen what bronzies are capable off learning these small tiny micro mechanics that are really flashy. But in reality, that stuff only because useful in masters+. To get out of bronze is as simple as getting a computer that can run the game at 60 fps and that itself will boost your sr I don't say this as a joke
Other things include aim and game sense. Doing one of the things adequately is more than enough.

The one thing I learn when ranking up and looking back at myself is that I was god awful and didn’t deserve the higher rank that i claimed I was at. Every time you learn something in the game you become a slightly better player and If you don’t put the effort in to get better your not going to climb. Just to get that 1000 sr Ive joined teams, done vod reviews, tried to experiment, tried to forget about that number that tells us how good we are.

People like you really upset me because instead of putting the effort into trying to get better you go on the forum to complain so you can talk to others having your issue and that just doesn’t make you a better player or solve your problems, we all have gone through the same issues and telling a higher Elo player that they are wrong is not a good way to go about it too especially when I was once that rank too.

P.s. Please please please break up your giant paragraphs into sections. It it just such an unpleasant read reading a box of words.

You play sombra in low bronze. Might as well be throwing to get to <500 SR range.

How is that possible? Doesn’t a timer set in after so much time of not capping the point? I’ve only ever seen it not capped in custom games and they set a timer in those; is there not that in ladder play? That’s the part I’m so skeptical about. I was bronze and I’m low gold now so I don’t like have contempt or anything and spent a season around 800 SR earlier this year. Actually I just recently started “coaching” those about 1000 SR lower than me on how to escape the swamps. Most smurfs that low down are like gold/plat cuz it’s so hard to even throw like 3000 or 2000 SR lower than your normal.

So… on your other 3 accounts, where you “relax,” you’re not trying your best to win? You’re just “relaxing,” while the rest of your team is playing their hearts out?

Logical fallacy. Just because it’s in many games does not mean it’s a non-issue. If it’s in so many games, then clearly it is a HUGE issue.

Maybe you didn’t intend to joke, but it’s hilarious all the same. Simply having a fast PC doesn’t automatically make your SR go up. You need to actually win matches. Now, aiming? That’s the first thing you’ve said that makes sense. Yes, aim is vital, and also a rare skill in bronze. Which is why every bronze player groans internally when someone on their team picks Widow. Because Bronzes can’t aim, and we all know it.

And then ah, there it is… “GAME SENSE!” That magic phrase that high-level players love to toss around without ever explaining WTF it actually IS. Define “game sense” please. What are common examples of having game sense? What are are common examples of NOT having game sense? Because I’ve been playing since launch day, and apparently I still don’t have enough of this “game sense” mana stuff to blast out of this hole. It’s more than knowledge, because I “know” lots of things about this game, and still lose matches. It’s how you play. So how does one play if they have enough game sense to get out of bronze?

Now we turn to personal attacks. No one here cares how upset you are. EVERYONE comes onto the forum to complain. Have you read through these threads at all? White Knights like you come on here to complain about the people complaining about the broken matchmaking, or the smurfing, or any of the problems this game has that most of you claim don’t exist. Yup. Everything is great! Complaining is what these forums have turned into, so don’t single out the people doing exactly what you’re doing.

LOOK! A PARAGRAPH BREAK! JUST FOR YOU!! As to WHY I’m complaining, thanks so much for telling me why I’m doing what I’m doing. Living inside my head as you do, it explains that annoying naggy voice I’m always hearing. I thought it was just last night’s Taco Bell coming back to haunt me, turns out it’s you.

I don’t come here to “become a better player” or “solve my problems.” There are more efficient ways to do that. I come here because this is the place where people come to talk about Overwatch. And I wanted to talk about Overwatch, so here I am. And if the topic turns to what is annoying me about the game (note that I did not start this thread), mullmuzzlers like you immediately jump on to shut it down.

And for the record, I only told you that you were wrong because I have personally experienced exactly what you are saying does not exist and is not a problem. You may have a higher SR than me (nice job with the attempted rank-shaming, btw), but you have not seen everything. Especially not in skill tiers that you admit you are no longer in.

Also, I care about giving you a pleasant reading experience about as much I care about your SR, which is to say, not at all.

Ummm… no, I didn’t say that I played Sombra. And I didn’t specify “low” bronze either. Someone else on my team played Sombra. And really, low/mid/high bronze… would you say there’s much difference? I think I was around 1100 at the time, which is like… mid-bronze.

Nope. At least not that one time I experienced it. It was in season 10 or 11, and it’s never happened again, so I don’t know if something got changed since then. If no one caps the point on a KOTH, it will go on until someone does. Probably because Blizz never assumed that a team would ever do that to a lower rank. More proof that they have way more experience with code than with human behavior.

Also, they don’t have to throw from 3000 or 4000. They can start a new account, throw 10 placements, and end up probably in high silver or low gold. That’s a short trip down to bronze from there, and on an alt account they don’t have to worry about their main getting a ban.

So because they are on fire, they are smurf? Fire is relative to other trash bronzos is your group

Yes, but that skill level is going to be super raised up by PBSR. Why not add me? My Battlenet is MsSysbit#1411 while my Discord is Ms. Sysbit#8724

I’ll gladly explain game sense to you there in far more detail. And the base rule is if you’re in Bronze you have zero/barely any. I’m not trying to mock you btw. I work all this weekend including now but a message app is far more conducive to a back and forth conversation than a forum. Can you give me that chance at least?

1 account inactive. the others are used for playing with friends because I have friends. The rank on my alt accounts is the rank I belong in when I don’t try. Don’t make it sound like I’m throwing. I’m playing casually, that doesn’t make me a bad person. It’s not that I’m not trying to win its that I don’t care if I lose. Get the picture?

It an element to the game that will never go away or have a clear solution. Csgo tried implementing phone verification and that game is still full of smurfs. It’s a non-issue because it’s unsolvable without making the innocent players put up with the hassle.

My comment about a good computer still stands, A bad violinist with a bad violin will sound worse than one with a 1 million dollar one. Yes, they are both bad but one will sound better than the other, same with sr I recently got a 144hz monitor and seen much improvement to my gameplay.

Now, game sense is a generalization in a broad area. Yes, its tossed around a lot but its only done so because there is a general gist that gets passed on. It includes how players will play, ult tracking, positioning, counterplay, just to name a few from the top of my head. We use that word because there is no one thing that will help you climb, its a multiple amount of things and its gotta start somewhere. Ult tracking is a thing I started doing a bit later and saw some success that made me a better player in general.

I like how you say that then talk about how upset you are with me being upset.
Also, a white knight protects someone while I’m just here to prove you wrong. Don’t forget you started this conversation with me.

I think a good way of shutting down what you just said is by quoting something else you said.

Never tried to shut it down, I tried to just stat my opinion. You tried to shut me down.

Now I might not know your exact experience in bronze but I don’t need to have cancer to know what it is and how it feels to have it when humans have empathy, we can also research this stuff up. I’m also not rank shaming, I’m saying that you wouldn’t tell a karate master to treat you at the same level in something which you are trying to learn. Rewarding positive reinforcement for improvement is one thing but its definitely not this. It plants you in reality and makes you realize that you still have more to learn.

Also, I only said that because if you want people to read your complaining I think you’d like them to get through the whole thing and not get bored half way through like I did and just not read it.

I did read it. And because if people don’t report, nothing is going to happen. If you keep on going on about how they don’t do anything, and no one reports people, how do you expect people to be banned or suspended? Look at players like ORISAGOD (forum member) who got silenced, and rightfully so (if you watched his stream, instead of listening to his claims). What about the one tricks that complain about getting banned? Did blizzard randomly do that? It’s not perfect, but it’s better than not doing anything. It takes 5 seconds to do so.

1 Like

That also is a problem, Kornmeal. Telling everyone to report what they think is a thrower or a smurf ends up with everyone being banned entirely. I have literally lost count of how many times I’ve tried to explain to a RoadHog player in bronze, silver, and gold… that the reason they get five gold medals all the time is because they are feeding so many ults that their teammates are being ulted inside spawn and nobody can do anything at all. They refuse to believe it because those gold medals give them a limbic response boost and they think everyone on the team was throwing. The game’s medals system makes them think they actually did work even though they never win a single match as RoadHog, ever. These jerks end up reporting literally everyone they come into contact with for months on end because they are RoadHog one-tricks due to the inverted medals problem that is inherent to a throwing RoadHog match. I’ve actually been on teams of three or four people fighting over which one gets to play RoadHog before the doors even open. That’s how bad that specific problem is… don’t even get me started on the Hanzo+Genji duos, the Mercy+Bastion duos (where Bastion can’t hit a RoadHog punching him to death) and the number of people who flat out refuse to play Reinhardt or Orisa because “I can’t” (ahem). Can’t Reinhardt… what you really mean is “I’m a thrower.”

Notice to all players of all types… if you can’t Reinhardt, you can’t Overwatch. Period. He has the simplest kit for a video game character in the history of gaming… and the only skill you actually need to develop with him is HAVING YOUR MONITOR TURNED ON.

I guarantee you that someone in your match will help you understand momentum and flow if you just play Reinhardt with even no skill at all. People will DO IT FOR YOU. If you won’t Reinhardt, heal someone who will. Super easy, you just countered 80% of the playerbase by healing someone who plays Reinhardt poorly. Just do that and you will get to low gold in a day or less. (or maybe high silver… admittedly there’s hundreds of thousands of smurfs down there to deal with)

what the actual hell??!?!?

3 Likes

Honestly, I was gonna give this a genuine response, but it seems as if you just want to be able to accuse others and get mad when people won’t do what you want. Also, based off your profile, looks like you aren’t willing to play Reinhardt either, hypocrite. Seems as if you have been suspended bassed off that 0 level endorsement, and judging off your understanding of the game and how you like to point the finger, is well deserved.

1 Like

The zero level endorsement is because a throwing RoadHog named Dongerhead who screamed obscenities for the entire match reported me for abusive chat when I blocked him so I could focus on trying to carry his impossible to carry behavior… and because it was something like the seven thousandth time that has happened, I am now banned from the game. I was endorsement 3 approaching 4 when that happened, and had just climbed from 1337 to 1970~ for the fourth time in a week due to the MMR system putting me on teams of all throwing troll smurfs all the time (which I sometimes manage to carry against their will, which the MMR system responds to by finding even harder throwers to team me with).

But yeah you go ahead and think you know everything. You’re probably a RoadHog main that thinks your five gold medals every match (which you also lose… every match you ever play) means everyone else is throwing rather than that you might be feeding so many ults so fast that the enemy players don’t even have to use normal attacks on the rest of your team and can ult them into spawn and camp it permanently. You seem like you’re one of those guys.

1 Like

I would say it’s more how condescendingly you talk to apparently everyone if your posts have anything to say about it.

did you even read my post or just look at the photo and bail? Each member on their team had at least 50 elims. They were toying with us. I have a previous thread where not only I, but another bronze player that I have never EVER played with before posted the name of another smurf/thrower that is infamous in our rank. We all know the same exact people that do this. The other bronze player even typed their name in my previous thread. The problem is so huge that you can name some of these smurfs/throwers that someone will post videos of they themselves encountering the same people that you see in your games. It happens even more when you 6 stack because the smurfs/throwers always six stack together to troll in bronze. Go to my previous thread and you will see someone post one of the smurfs that I mentioned dealing with for several seasons. All it takes is for bronze players to 6 stack together to come across the same 15 or so troll/thrower/smurfs in a 6 stack. You will come across the ones I posted the photo of, or the amaterasu smurf, or widofaker (whos name is spelled with weird symbols that I cant copy and paste) and many MANY other infamous ones that any bronze player that six stacks will know the name of. There is even a thread right now of a guy doing an “educational” smurf bronze to gm challenge here on the forums that has garnered so much hate because he hasn’t done anything educational in the stream. All he did was throw his placements (throwing is bannable btw) to get placed in bronze. Then he proceeded to bash the bronze players, he said he wouldnt play his main which is tracer…and what did he do? He played tracer and said bronze doesnt deserve to be healed with a healer. He then played widowmaker to climb. he didnt give any advice on climbing, He just was toxic in voice/text chat to everyone he destroyed…you know…for educational purposes…

Each had 50 elims? Impossible.

And I didn’t read much of your post. You posted a photo, so it was worth 1000 words.

Have you considered the possibility that when someone else makes you feel stupid, it’s not because they are singling you out, but that it’s because you actually are? I mean, that’s a possibility, right? I wasn’t talking to you, but you took it upon yourself to get your intelligence insulted, and then blamed me for how you felt. Do you think that, perhaps, the inferiority that you feel might be because you are… what’s the word… oh yeah, inferior?

When you find yourself trying to explain particle physics to a 6yr old, how do you do it in a way that doesn’t make them feel stupid?

You can’t. They’re six. the most sophisticated thing on their mind is whether they like Jolly Ranchers or Gushers more. Complex physics concepts are not in their wheel-house.

Similarly… half of all people are below average intelligence. Being above average intelligence should not have to come with a disclaimer, “Warning, you might make dumb people feel dumb, and while that isn’t your fault and is completely accurate, their delusional self-value is much more important than your inherently stronger grasp of reality.”