Smurfs yet again....every time I 6 stack. here is photo proof I screencapped and saved

Smurfing in low elo without a doubt has gotten out of hand. The skill level of the smurfs is all over the place. I would say the majority of em are probably between plat and diamond.

Road to bronze groups are still common as a cold in the winter right now. i actually friended one of the smurfs as a way to que dodge them. They have a 90 percent win rate on on ash at 800 SR with a 7-1 KDR… ROFL This game is 100 percent toast and blizzard really does nothing whatsoever to deal with these obvious SR manipulators.

1 Like

Damn thats dirty to smurf with 6 people. Now good luck carrying that as top 500.

2 smurfs doesn’t prove anything. I’ve seen enough gold games/silver/ plat games to know it’s far worse in diamond

It shouldnt be a comparison of which bracket has more smurfs. We should be discussing how to fix an overall smurf and deranker issue.

He are the facts.

We have a smurf problem it’s debateable how bad it is but it’s there

We have people using Looking for group to create derank lobbies. They are out in the open and blizzard has done nothing about it.

Three the report system doesnt work. i stopped reporting as I havent gotten 1 single notice of action having been taken in over 2 months. I wont waste my time anymore.

4 Likes

Smurfs are annoying, I’ll give you that.

And people have been reporting them and getting notifications of action being taken

I almost always get them when I report people. I am going to say this as kindly as I can, you are part of the problem. If you know someone is throwing, being toxic etc… And you don’t report them, you are choosing to not say anything. Saying stuff on here isn’t going to get them banned in game, if you want people to have action taken against them you have to report them, plain and simple.

Why should I bother? Did you not read I havent gotten ONE SINGLE notice in over 2 months. I have reported LEGIT 100 percent trolls throwers etc. I even report clear deranker/throwers on enemy teams. I have gotten NOTHING in return in over 2 months. I am not going to waste my time anymore. Why bother? It does nothing

Blizz won’t take notice until they literally have blood on their hands.

Bronze has just become cannon fodder for smurfs. Blizz has zero interest in fair matches at lower ranks. They probably figure that we’re probably not going to climb out of bronze anyway, so why bother balancing bronze matches? Let the Plats and Diamonds and “road to bronze” throwers have their fun. It’s just bronze.

I wonder what would happen to the SR balance in this game if every true bronze and silver player just quit for a week. Everyone else would drop rank because suddenly there are a lot fewer “easy stomp” matches without the bronze and silver players. Over time, the borderline golds would fall to bronze and silver, plats would fall back to gold, and lower-end GMs would fall to Master (when they can be bothered to play their main accounts at all).

And they would all cry about it, and because of the unchecked toxicity that Blizz has enabled, they’d probably all blame each other. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I just want to play against other bronze players. Is that too much to ask? Can Blizzard make that happen or can’t they? But I swear, every 3rd or 4th match now is full of smurfs, throwers, de-rankers, you name it, either dropping rank on purpose, or blasting their way back up, ruining matches as they go. The freely advertise their intentions in LFG without any penalty. Bronze is just a playground now for higher ranks. Matches are won or lost now solely on which team has the most smurfs.

But whatever. I’m sure there’s a ton of players about to tell me that everything’s fine, and there’s no problem. It’s all good, srsly.

4 Likes

It’s already happening. I am down 700 SR on my account (I dont play this one anymore as I cant handle plat games anymore and I dont want to screw over teammates even to do my placements)

High bronze/low silver is a smurf/deranker/washed up gold pit.

I was mid gold comfortably last season pushed 2400 at one point. Cannot break past 1700 this season to save my life. The difficulty of games in the last month has gone up exponentially.

1600 right now is harder than 2200 ever was last season and it’s not even remotely close.

Blizzard can solve the smurfing problem very easily: link all Bnet accounts with a phone number. They have done something similar before in D3, so why can’t they do that here? Solves most of the issues and can even really show the player base numbers to everyone.

Can even add a feature that if you try to link a phone number to 2+ accounts, than all accounts are perma banned. Try to link a false number? BAN. Done.

Course the only people who would hate this idea are people who have 5+ accounts already (aka the ‘git gud’ crowd), but at this point who cares?

1 Like

This season Im doing bronze to …
And so far I found only 4 smurfs total. 2 plats, 1 horrible and 1 diamond)

Don’t wanna count yourself or something?

Well if you count me and my friend you could say 6, but I’m in all my games and I duo about half the time (because it’s boring otherwise) so… Well, that.

Well won’t you say, then, that you and your friend are contributing to the problem? I mean, if you went down to bronze and don’t deserve to be in bronze, then your ruining the games. This is seriously what everyone who has to face people like you guys are complaining about. Why not stay in your own rank and on just your main account?

We are stuck in silver now. Hopefully we will be stuck in gold by tomorrow!

We didn’t throw a single game if that’s your concern, but I do play very drunk.

Isn’t that throwing? And if your already getting to gold, how did you get down to bronze in the first place?

Unlucky I guess!!!
You know how it goes, smurfs, rigged MMR, bad teammates, all that.

1 Like

“I swear, I thought the point was to jump into the well the most. My bad.”

I never threw a game in my life. Scouts honor.

Then by your logic, neither are the people that OP is complaining about. I mean, who cares that they spend the whole game making sure the other team can’t play the game. Who cares that they spending the match spawn camping the other team and just letting them win in the end so they can keep doing it. It’s not technically “throwing”, huh?