Smurfs strike again! Toxic 1.5 hour game

It’s well known people who smurf have legitimate mental health issues.

7 Likes

obviously youve never battle mercy’d in 500> sr games.

1 Like

I played in >500 games for 13 seasons and what I have seen down there has convinced me, that it is better to live without people around you and with an eye open.

Blizzard lets these people loose and knows what they are doing to others and it is not even sad, but infuriating.

Seek help friend, or one day, you tease the wrong person and he may end up ill or worse

1 Like

they’re already ill if they 500>sr

1 Like

Yes, because down there, there are no friends, no hope and no light, only pain

1 Like

My man you are on to something there. I can’t state the obvious because I’m sure it’s against the political correctness of the forum rules. But serial killers and the likes all suffer from some of the same personality flaws as some other diagnosis that are statistically proven to be drawn to not only online games but the internet in general because it allows them to exercise the detestable aspects of their personality without getting punched in the face.

For some reason they get off on tormenting other people, even just harassing movie stars like Sandra Bullock tellling them they’ve gotten ugly in their old age, etc. Just to be mean.

One guy in England got arrested, he was in his late 20s and harassed the family of a suicide victim on social media so long and so persistently that the police had to get involved. He had no former contact with the victim or the family. He just thought it would be fun to torment a grieving family. He’s one of them.

“They” also like to shoot up schools.

90% of the toxicity and cheating and generally detestable behavior online and in online gaming is thanks to these people. It’s one of those things that’s hard for me to swallow and come to terms with, and I’m not really one of those touchy people that has a hard time facing “ugly truths”. This for personal reasons is one that is often times hard for me to swallow but truth is truth. There is a real behavioral problem out there that isn’t fixed with a belt or meds.

3 Likes

I think you should know cesmode that I did take the time to completely review the match. While I can only speak for myself (forum MVPs do not represent Blizzard), I am very sorry you had to endure this match experience. It is matches like this that do highlight issues where players, regardless of their account experience level, are specifically coordinating their gameplay to control and hijack the flow the match. Yes, Blizzard does need to do a better job in identifying these kinds of matches and the players who create such scenarios.

Again, I will try to figure out how long a match can persist but can’t provide an accurate answer as this is something I cannot just test in Competitive Play itself (and Custom Game rules may not apply the same match instance time limit rules as that of Matchmaking Competitive). I wish I could be of more help myself.

I remember the rules for Competitive would force a draw after set of time bank rounds with 1 minute remaining on each team fully completed their rounds in Overtime. I believe that rule was removed in season 4 in an effort to minimize the actual instances of draws that can come up in most modes.

15 Likes

I’ve had 5+ hour matches. I might hold the record. My post “5 hour match” got flagged and taken down by the mods because the community thought I was trolling. That’s how much of a stain this community can be towards victims.

But I have the screenshots (and some vods) for these kinds of matches (they happen rarely but do happen).

The last couple of times, me and some one other dude stayed in the match. We couldn’t suffer another leave, and wanted to prove a point to the grief stack. Standing up to the bullies, we taped our M1 down as bastion/orisa in the dropship and fought off the innactivity timers.

The griefstack wanted to show they could “control matches” and that “blizz devs don’t care”. They obviously griefed by stopping our attempts to cap the point, but never capping it themselves, and keeping us contained in spawn. They even had 2-3 of them run bots/afk after the first couple of hours.

One of the culprits organizing this griefstack was recently seen in LFG selling a 4.1k account. I have that SS, have submitted a case, and know they won’t be hardware banned.

For those that don’t know, low bronze is like this almost every night.

14 Likes

Another issue with evidence is the replays rollover/reset after 60+ mins iirc. So you can’t post a single replay that shows the 4+ hours or whatever the griefers are doing. Even the in-game screenshots will show 60+ minutes match timer and then rollover to 0mins again.

I remember the fiasco I had trying to convince the trolls (and blizzard agents) through replay timestamps. I showed the replay list and by adding up the “xyz mins ago” you could arrive at the 5+ hours. About 2 hours in, the other dudes in my match were getting on the phone with Blizz support agents - asking “uhh wtf do I do?”

The community was/is naive enough to disbelieve these “victim stories”. Even with “pics or it didn’t happen” the griefers themselves had enough forum accounts to flag it down as trolling. The people at large defending the griefers “you should have enough common sense to let the bullies win and just leave”.

That’s when I knew that OWL was ded. You can’t raise an esport with such bad development.

6 Likes

Thank you. If you can, hold this case up to blizzard as an example of what smurfing can do to a game even if this is a fringe example.

Normally, smurfs just roll right over you for an automatic SR loss which is infuriating in its own right.

5 Likes

The doomfist, support, and the widow/soldier/tracer were in on it together.

So it’s a trio of mid Plat to low Diamond (at best) level griefers, at least for the roles they’re on.

Edit: Also, is the soldier using a controller? Sometimes, his tracking is weird.

His strong suit was def his tracking. His Ashe and Cree were so-so. If he played Tracer or Soldier on that final push he would’ve shutdown that reaper ult considering how choreographed it was. You should send the code to freshnuts or noobhunter, they might add it to their clips which would help with exposure.

1 Like

But smurfing is not a issue btw :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Because IP addresses do not uniquely identify anyone. IP addresses are assigned dynamically by the ISP - usually “leased” for periods of time and can be renewed or released and reused. In fact, it’s actually fairly difficult these days to obtain a static (nonchanging) IP address on a residential internet line. You usually have to pay extra for this. You can usually obtain a new IP address just by turning your modem off and on, although sometimes you have to do it around the time the lease expires depending on how the ISP distributes IPs.

By banning IP addresses, all that would happen is the cheater/smurf would get a new IP address and then the banned one would be reassigned to some random dude down the street or something and he’d be banned from playing.

2 Likes

I was under the impression the game would only go so many rounds before ruling it a draw/no contest, but apparently not. That’s pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

What I’m more shocked about is that the game never implemented ghost moderators for certain conditions. If 6+ people report a single player in game, that should bring a game moderator in to spectate and find out what’s going on. If a game goes on for an excessively long period of time, it should bring a GM in to make sure something like this isn’t happening. If a player is registering stats over time that are WAY out of bounds (like a Widow with 80% acc and 50% crit rate) that should bring a GM in.

If the GM can verify that a player(s) is being disruptive or cheating live, that account and all accounts that can be associated with it should be sanctioned.

That doesn’t have to happen to EVERY game that would get flagged. But if it happened ENOUGH, that would be a huge incentive to “play nice, play fair.” As it is, there are still no real teeth to their infraction system and bad actors simply don’t fear it. That’s really a basic thing to do, and a HUGE loss from back when most multiplayer game servers were hosted privately and had active moderation.

10 Likes

This may be the end of the World of Warcraft.

1 Like

What in tarnation… 1 hour and 26 minutes. Dang.

EDIT: I just saw the replay and holy hell… 1 hour and 26 minutes… Sure that smurf is definitely a smurf, but I must say, their skill isn’t very far from those of a Plat/Diamond, at least that’s what I can tell from their aim.

Great job tho, you won! I bet that victory really felt good after a 1hr 26 mins game. Congrats!

1 Like

Can you STOP your toxicity on every post please???

3 Likes

It’s not really toxic as they were just asking for proof…

1 Like