Smurfs strike again! Toxic 1.5 hour game

Again, smurfs strike creating an un-enjoyable gameplay experience for 1 hour 26 minutes. Yes, thats correct… 1 hour 26 minute game (24-23).

I have two accounts. One account is sitting in bronze/silver. The other account is gold/(can probably be plat if I played it more).

On the first account in bronze, there was a dps clearly a smurf. He would absolutely wreck us while he was on offense. On defense, he threw…clearly. While on defense, he would switch off of his strong heroes and just aim at the sky, or spin his mouse around, or sit behind us while we are pushing the point. Then back on offense, he would go back to his strong heros and dominate. We would push the cart to the objective(s) with absolute ease, and then he and his team would do the same.

This lasted… for 1 hour 26 minutes. He could have ended the game easily, at anytime. Commendations to everyone else for sticking it out and not giving up. No one wanted to lose SR. But thats just it… In a competitive sphere where every SR point counts and you HATE to lose it, this guy single handedly and artificially pro longed the game until we FINALLY stopped him on defense ONE time.

In the end, I had 161 kills, over 40k damage. The other DPS on my team had 182 kills. Can provide screenshots if needed (my previous personal best was 82 elims set not too long ago during a MUCH shorter game).

New PRs for everyone. Hell, even the bap on our team had about 120 kills.

So yah, thanks to the smurfing community for a 1 hour 26 minute hell. Because no one wants to lose.

43 Likes

do you have a replay code?
I want to see this

10 Likes

^ replay code. this is some juicy content if true.

4 Likes

I am a little skeptical that a game could have persisted so long. If I remember right, the rules of Overwatch servers are that a game can only run for about an hour and if it goes longer, the match is cancelled and ruled “no contest”.

A replay code would be nice to prove me wrong.

To share a replay code:

1. Open Overwatch
  2. Select Career Profile from the main menu
  3. Select Replays in the top navigation bar
  4. Locate and click the match in question
  5. Click the Share button below
  6. Once the code is generated write it down or click Copy to put the code text into your computer clipboard
  7. Paste the code here in a forum reply

UPDATE everyone! See my lower replies, cesmode was kind enough to provide a Replay code and I have been corrected. This was a legitimate match that happened.

15 Likes

It’s in OP’s hands now to prove this isn’t a made up story! Common OP, lets see that reply code.

3 Likes

So a smurf complaining about smurfs? Oh the irony!

27 Likes

Just because you have an alt doesn’t mean you smurf. Maybe OP sucks at various heroes and plays those in the low ranks to the best of their ability.

Having another account doesn’t mean you’re throwing games to remain in low ranks.

4 Likes

GARB44

Enjoy 1 hour and 26 minutes.

30 Likes

Thank you for your cooperation. I have been proven wrong.

I will look in my notes and run a few custom game tests to see if I can confirm if the time limit rule still applies for Competitive in any capacity. I recommend you report the suspected user for gameplay sabotage if you have not already.

19 Likes

In addition, you will see that a player on the other team absolutely wrecks as mcree or soldier on attack, but then switches off and takes his(or her) sweet time with aiming, moving around, positioning, etc. There was one point where he traced his crosshair on me as I MineJumped with Junkrat. He didnt fire. He could have several times.

It was an intentional prolonging of a game that he could have ended an hour prior. None of us wanted to back down either and suffer the SR loss.

2 Likes

Bro are you trolling or just ignorant

Having 2 accounts does not a smurf make

1 Like

I absolutely have reported him. Sadly, as of late none of my reports have returned a notification splash screen when you log in.

About a year ago, I was getting notifications every other day about reports that Ive submitted (whether it be because of toxic chat, throwers, etc). For the last few weeks, nothing and there have been serious reports submitted.

6 Likes

WHAT IN THE GODS NAME IS THAT?!?!?!? THATS ILLEGAL!

7 Likes

This is why I’m completely convinced that a large number of smurfs are people with some form of sociopathy or straight-up psychopathy. Spending an entire hour and a half in a control fantasy just to torment a group of targeted players is the same kind of behavior exhibited by serial killers, albeit with much less horrid results. These types of players aren’t healthy, they desperately need help.

32 Likes

Assuming that the other 5 members on the opposing team were “not in on it”, it was a hard well fought game on both sides. Everyone stuck it out and wanted to win. One guy dictated the win or loss and if we hadn’t stopped him when we were on defense (finally), it would have kept going.

I was tired after the game, played one more afterward and called it a night.

1 Like

Time to grab some popcorn!

Seriously though, that sounds exhausting. If I ever encountered this, I would take a nice long nap after.

How come blizzard can’t associate real IPs with accounts? Maybe you can get around this with VPNs, but aside from that… if a real IP address is already tied to an account, then that IP address cannot be used for another.

Sure, this may hurt a family of gamers, but my god those instances have to be fewer than the smurf community.

4 Likes

Today, and usually, more so toxic than smurfs, were a couple of players who were on old accounts, high bronze to low silver or whatever, who barely play and come to complain in quickplay within the first 30 seconds in a game and act highly toxic. Immediately insulting someone with a diamond border again for no reason other than they have a very bad personality and attitude. Angry people with no reasoning or logic, just pure cursing and insults when things don’t go their way. And when you call them out on it, they like to emphasize “how can you play so much but still be so bad” despite doing nothing wrong. And the ironic part is, when you see their rank, its been stagnant for like 20 seasons, unchanged, and are lower than my own x_x

3 Likes

I hear ya. This game’s downfall has never been its gameplay but its playerbase.

The game on Tuesday night was the final straw that broke my back. Bronze/Silver is tougher to play in than Gold/Plat.

I posted the replay code for the tech MVP to see. Im sure other in our community will view it. Im putting myself out there for others to see how crappy I may have played (lol) . But its definitely a story and one that needs to be told even if action isn’t stemmed from this. Hopefully this opens up Jeff’s eyes at how bad, and controlling, the smurfing community can be.

One player kept a match going for 1hour 26 minutes because he intentionally played poorly on defense and played lights out “dont miss” on offense.

Glass half full, I think after playing this guy for that long…the game of overwatch slowed down for me a bit and I might even be a better player. But dont let the smurfs know I said that :slight_smile:

9 Likes

me and the bois do this. pretty funny watching the other teams mental go down. we just want to watch the world burn. although we do let the people who stayed win.

1 Like