Smurfs ruin Overwatch

I mean doesn’t matter how you feel about the issue the fact remains, they aren’t reportable and they aren’t going away, they are in EVERY game you play in comp dude… fortnite (ew) , Dead By Daylight (ew) , Rainbow Six (meh) , the only game you can’t expect smurfs because it’s still brand new is “Valorant” which you will still get smurfs cause it’s just a mix of csgo and overwatch with some apex mixed in. Bottom line is smurfs are in every game dude.

The way I look at it is they reached their peak on their other account so they bought a new one and got stomped by me… So I really don’t care lol I am bronze and have won games against diamonds before so bottom line is that really smurfing only helps people get better that aren’t smurfing lol

You are absolutely wrong !!! They do not buy a new account !!! They just specifically exit the game or lose spoiling the game durgim and go down !!! Blizzard has no money from them !!! Therefore, they can and must be banned !!!

2 Likes

I can’t tell if you are trying to troll or just having an epileptic seizure on your keyboard… lol

1 Like

We can go back and FOURTH all day. You know what Blizzard needs.

An OPEN lobby for a match. No penalties. A person can drop in, they get 15 seconds to decide to stick with the match and if the team looks like :dog2: :poop: . We can just leave.

INCLUDING COMPETITIVE.

No leaver penalties BEFORE the match starts and if the match looks UNFAIR and a load of :cow: :poop: , we can leave. NO PENALTIES, and no strings attached.

Problem solved.

Can’t find a game lobby or match. Tough cookies, gotta earn your stripes before you go fight in a real match. If Blizzard doesn’t like this response of player behavior. There is clearly something on their part they can research. They give us ZERO game data to go off of.

I would prefer not to considering I’m just stating a simple fact that smurfs are issues in all games and have not been dealt with and the thought that overwatch would be the first to fix this issue is asinine.

Now we have the issue of one person always leaving when he sees a comp he doesn’t like and are stuck waiting in lobbies longer than it takes to get into a league of leagends ranked game… good solution there bud.

Again this well only encourage people to be SUPER picky on who and what characters they will play with, making the meta issue only stick more firmly when the Meta slaves of the game see one person not following it in higher ranks, once again nice solution bud.

Funny how you say this yet when it’s you getting beat up on by a smurf you sing a different tune, double standards much?

That’s because it’s not required want it to be a law? make it one like china did with cheaters having to be broad casted publicly as cheaters of any online games. Bottom line is Smurfs aren’t going anywhere and every “Solution” you gave I just shot down and showed holds no water, now have a pleasant day.

you got a better solution to inting smurffs?

I’d like to hear. :popcorn: :face_with_monocle:

Most of the games I get are some person that has like 30 hours on their account and playing with zero knowledge of positioning, ults, ult economy AND knowing how their character even works.

and I could care less what happens in other games. Different license, not my problem.

How about just deal with it? I literally climbed out of bronze solo queing got my first silver game and the enemy all revealed they were smurfs from gold, plat , and diamond from past seasons that were inting, did I go to the forums and cry about it? no… I started climbing up again, because eventually they will lose their edge if they keep playing “easy” game while you get better playing against more advanced players. Literally that is how a lot of people get better at games is facing off against people who are actually challenges to them. I don’t see a smurf and cry about it I actually get excited wanting to see how good they are, simple fix is change your attitude for how to deal with them instead of blaming the game for its player base.

And then they’ll buy another account and start the process over.

It’s 2020. Can we stop acting like “they will rank up where they should be” is a legitimate answer to smurfs?

2 Likes

IMO go look through the forum history on how many people here are sick and tired of smurffs. You will find that the brunt of it goes back to the 2017 forums on Internet wayback machine. Then come back for a civil discussion when you see most fit. :+1:

Again this has been civil you are the one taking offense to this discussion not me, I’m simply stating bluntly how to deal with the problem instead of complaining about it to strangers that aren’t even in charge of the game. Just tell me how does it sound in any way intelligent to vent about something that the person you are talking to can not fix, but you actually can by having a different attitude about the situation? I rest my case, now once again have a nice day.

Just saying…Gathering consensus about a problem is a pretty good first step toward advocating for change.

Saying that complaining about a problem on the forums doesn’t solve anything is kind of ridiculous when community feedback is stated to be one of the things the devs look at when making balance changes.

1 Like

lol harrumph good day sir, have a doobly day, i say! :face_with_monocle:

TBH im under the impression that you do smurff. Not saying you do, but the attitude reflects it. If one has to defend dishonest and gameplay sabotage by manipulating their rank by purchasing multiple accounts. I really don’t need to make a continuous argument here. other than you are baiting everyone here in hopes that this turns into a flame-off and gets the thread pulled. Due to arguing.

People here want to discuss how FEDUP they are with alt-accounts matched into games and blizzard NOT handling it. Thats the bottom line. Cut, clean clear n dry.

:+1:

I’m not stating it won’t EVENTUALLY fix the solution, but well as stated earlier what do you do to combat a smurf? ban the account? they will buy another and repeat the process, perma ip ban them? they can easily make a new one, trust me even I can do this. The point is there is no concrete way to fix this issue now and it’s not reportable, my advice? see it in a different light and look forward to the challenges that will test how much you have grown and learned from past games. That’s how you get better.

I’m all for making them buy new accounts or create new IPs every single time they want to smurf.

Even if I completely agreed with your argument that smurfing is a forever-unsolveable problem, then I’d still advocate for making a smurf player jump through as many hassles as possible if they want to smurf.

1 Like

Let them buy new accounts! It is necessary to block those who go down in the ranking! They all have respect 1! You just need to ban everyone with respect 1 and the problem will be solved!

I think it really just comes down to SIMPLE “pest control”.

100 hours played before they are allowed to enter competitive. They really just need to prove to everyone they have an investment into that account. If they are just buying alt accounts en mass and putting them on dupe emails, simply to practice after 20 hours invested, only to get banned. Thats not helping.

If they put at least 100 in, it makes the risk to investment higher for them. So they aren’t throwing their accounts as fast. Ranks dont’ mean anything in Gold, silver or platinum, since the game as a general starts everyone fairly mid-tier, and they either drop slower or faster.

Burn phones,. hardware bans, IP bans, are all EASILY defeated. a First semester college student can pick up on the internet and learn it within the first week, so can most high school and middle schoolers. lol. :rofl:

See now that’s funny cause you see earlier you said this

So too which after I stated my opinion with the ending post replying politely for you to have a nice day.

and your resolution to this is to attempt to mock me?

Yes way to take your own advice there my friend…

Well that is just slander right there… lol

Show me a post I made where I said it was okay to smurf… lol I never once said it was I said it was impossible to stop… and you just need to get over the fact it can’t be stopped completely and learn to deal with it better… honestly people on the internet once they are out of fuel just try to twist anything into a fight I swear… lol

Really? cause you are doing a very impressive job stating your case with the whole insulting me and throwing me through the mud lol

Well I’m just stating a blunt fact, it can’t be fixed , it won’t be fixed it may be harder for them to do and I welcome it, but it won’t ever go completely away. Now once again have a nice day~

sure okay. If thats what makes you feel better. I respect your life decisions and choices! :smirk:

onto business…

the game is so poorly looked after, they do ruin it for everyone else i 100% agree, with hackers, smurfs and throwers the ladder is an absolute joke, the devs couldnt care less because smurfs just give them more money, when it comes to the actual game the only think they actually care about is league which is the smallest minority of the games playerbase, updates are slow, they’ll always make 1 character op and another usless in every patch without fail, the devs do not care, its why the game goes from one state to another, issues never get solved and the only thing that has any actual quality are things you have to pay for, i’m at my end with this game because of this we all have way to much patience for this game considering the devs basically ignore their entire playerbase for league.

1 Like

that they have! I know that 2017 felt like an amazing year. Once league came in, they kept swapping everything around again!

Sigh… what a SHAME! :frowning_face: