Smurfs ruin Overwatch

sure for a little bit, any non throwers will quickly rank up to proper rank based on winstreak bonus.

don’t have one at that rank since all of them ranked up through the system to my rank. Thats why I don’t see it as an issue.

Oh so its the Winstreak Bonus you desire. Rather than earning it fair and squire on your main… again.

“Nobody who is at any higher level needs confirmation that they belong there because they ALREADY GOT THERE.”

2 Likes

it is still a form of match manipulation, regardless. Me, im getting these constant games with DERANKING smurffs. Which clearly have decent knowledge of the game, but they are doing it just to fall as fast as they can. to reach their minimums.

The only thing a person can do is play backliness and HOPE they don’t ruin the game for others. really. This is OUT of control this week.

2 Likes

Don’t play stupid. IF you have a FRESH ACCOUNT. The game counts you has Completely NEW. So it pairs you against other NEW players and you just destroy and Destroy till you’re at your same level and then you rinse and repeat.

2 Likes

No I mean that’ll quickly re-rank them up if they are not in proper SR. The smurf issue is quickly dealt with outside of them throwing games to maintain SR.

Yeah this is the problem I speak of, these need to get banned.

Basically heres how you deal with smurfs, you report them for gameplay sabotage and if they are doing the throwing as well they’ll get suspended. Any other type of smurf will rank up and away.

And if you continue to hold the same argument, about wanting to see if you get to the same rank. Why not wait until the next season starts on your main?

You get matched at your own skill extremely quickly, blizzard is surprisingly good at it in all honesty.

1 Like

Yeah, for every match I have with someone playing insanely well, I have another two matches with people who are obviously playing insanely poorly and doing it on purpose so that they can derank and stomp lower players.

It’s not just that smurfing is ‘bad’, it’s that it creates a constant cycle. The more crap you put in the water, the more the water becomes nothing but crap. Hardrada wants to act like it’s a one way street, where you put the turd in the water and it goes and it never comes back again. That’s not it chief. That turd goes up and down and up and down and up and down again, because that’s what a smurf is. A turd floating in a tank that it knows it doesn’t belong in, but stays anyway despite it ruining the atmosphere of the game for all players around them.

Why are you defending the turds so much, Hardrada? You’re like a guy defending roofies at this point, I just don’t get it. What are you getting out of it? Or is what you’re getting out of it the attempt at convincing the community at large that what you do isn’t all THAT harmful to the game so you can keep doing it without feeling guilty that you’re ruining people’s experience?

2 Likes

The issue is. These are “throw away” accounts. Doesn’t matter if Blizzard is banning them or not. The accounts are bought on sale and generally en-mass. I see people all the time that brag about this online.

Rank has no forgiveness to it, especially with how it is settup now. So everyone else suffers. Except the offending party.

something to add here.

Look, Blizzard can BAN these players all they want, report and move on. IT still doesn’t give me back my rank score that I could of had with an EXPERIENCED player willing to actually TRY in their game. vs the

" I dont care if I cook my latest science experiment on the battlefield" while everyone else suffers around me type- SMURFF".;

1 Like

Good. That means their system is great. But to say “I need confirmation, thus an new account” is absurd for you’ll find out quickly at that rank if you’re up to snuff because you’ll be losing matches like mad if you don’t deserve to be in that rank in sure time.

2 Likes

They honestly should do what Rainbow Six Siege did which was require 2 Factor authentication for their ranked mode which means your account needs to have a phone number linked to it. Google numbers don’t work for this and was a way to combat smurfs in that game when it came to ranked.

1 Like

Apparently you need to do this if you want to be in the top 500 or the very highest ranks, I can’t remember what the cutoff is, but the point is - they already have this system set up, it’s just a gatekeeping system they’re reserving for .0002% of the player base rather than using it so that we could all benefit from it.

Y’know, classic Blizzard!

1 Like

it’d be nice, but most people have “BURN PHONES” for sale in stores. :unamused:

It really doesn’t have to be complicated like that, since Blizzard isn’t going to want to spend the money.

They can go with the old honor code. 100 hours MINIMUM for a general population. If smurffs have a high mmr, kdr and all that fun stuff at level 25. cool. They can go play with their OTHER smurff buddies. there are PLENTY to go around. and I MEAN PLENTY :wink: so Qs are NOT going to be an issue. Which is VERY apparent. :rofl:

1 Like

Regardless, Burn Phone or not. that costs more upfront money than 30 or 20 dollar new account.

1 Like

Dude even if someone had to use burner numbers it would still be some kind of dis-incentive, which I’d be over the moon for at this point.

Like, sure it’s not going to stop all of them, but even if they actively discouraged 30% of the smurfs to give up their stupid smurfing ways and go back to just having a normal main account? That’d be a HUGE impact on the game, considering there are constant forum posts of people who are reporting that the game is basically ruined due to their experience with constant smurfs.

But no, they’re going to let the experience remain crap, because why would we want to offer a game that people have fun playing? lol that sounds hard!

1 Like

It’s a system that they already spent the money on, it’s a tool THEY HAVE, they just reserve it for the top 500 players. That’s it.

edit: which is extra annoying because top 500 players probably would self-moderate considering most of them are pro’s and streamers, and anyone doing anything hinky would likely be much easier to notice, since theoretically there are only supposed to be 500 of them! But nah, waste it on them, because we need to make sure that THEIR gameplay experience is of the absolute highest quality. The rest of you plebeians? Hah!

1 Like

True, but it still doesn’t mean much sadly.

If smurrfs are investing this much money into throw-away accounts. IM sure its just another expense to them . A $15, 20 or 30 dollar “burn phone” I’t won’t slow them down.

These people already have DEEP pockets. If they are buying as many accounts as I am estimating. Based upon Bad smurff behavior of talking bad and receiving account suspensions. it really is just “chump change” to them.

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

And if Blizzard would prefer to let the game languish in order to get their money, that doesn’t make our complaints about the state of the game any less valid; it just means that Blizzard is prioritizing something other than the health of the game, that’s all.

2 Likes

So what the 15-30 games they ruin for others climbing back up to the same rank as the main is ok?

1 Like