Smurfing is cheating, change my mind

The same goes to those which “assume” others are smurfs bc they can’t handle a lose.

Happens often enough tbh.

Really funny are the “frikking smurf” to a lvl 2700 acc :rofl:

Anyone who plays better than me is cheating, change my mind.

bro smurfing is like Ronaldo turning up for his local sunday league football game in a false moustache and glasses and scoring 23 goals on his own

3 Likes

Or just some random local dude being better than sunday league wannabes. In either way, Ronaldo was not a god. How can you be this weak?

its not a case of someone being better and you know it, its a case of someone being MUCH better playing in a game they shouldn’t be playing in . Not only that to play in the game they have manipulated the system to play

1 Like

Cheating? No. Gameplay Sabotage? Yes.

1 Like

Cheating defined by Blizzard:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
  2. bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
  3. hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
  4. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Refer to: Blizzard’s End User License Agreement

As you can see, Blizzard does not define smurfing as cheating.

The in-game code of conduct does feature:

engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Though the definition of cheating does not directly connect with smurfing.

People do gain an unfair advantage, that’s true.
This is not exploiting, it’s throwing.
It’s not “manipulating numbers” it’s literally losing matches on purpose by simply not trying.

Manipulating numbers would mean you could lose hundreds of SR at once via software or any weakness in code of the game.

Why did this thread get necro’d?

They do as per the in game reporting system definition of cheating that you also posted.

Smurfing inarguably affords an unfair advantage, and that’s cheating according to Blizzard.

So, using nano-blade grants an unfair advantage.

I’d say that’s also reportable then?

1 Like

It boggles my mind that you’re trying to compare using a combination of in-game ultimates with a high SR player playing on a low SR smurf account.

how is that the same as smurfing? so a nano bladed GM genji in a bronze game compared to a nao bladed bronze genji whats going to be worse?

Well the nano grants the user quite a change in strength.

In my opinion this is unfair.

Oh, and we’re not talking about smurfing vs nanoblade in general.

We’re talking about “granting an unfair advantage”
The nano ability can result in an unfair advantage for the enemy team.

Though that’s my opinion, the same goes for your smurfing.

You find that smurfing is granting an unfair advantage.

Opinions are split, though can we really look at rules with opinions?
I’d say that would be fair with verbal interactions as some users can be offended by things that others don’t get offended by.

Cheating in the other hand is something that ruins the match for everyone.
Smurfing in the other hand is something that usually ruins that match for the enemies.
Yes, users can get misplaced this way. Yet usually they don’t have much of a problem with a smurf in their team because they want to win.

In your opinion it’s allowed to report a smurf for cheating because “they’re creating an unfair advantage” right?
So why can’t i report someone for using nano-blade because it creates an unfair advantage in my opinion?

Because your opinion, in this case, is irrelevant.

Nano-blade does not afford an unfair advantage any more than Pharmercy does or the Hanzo/Zarya combo, let alone affording one in the same way smurfing does, except, of course, when it’s done by smurfs.

Oh, why is that?

1 Like

Oh stop. It’s painfully obvious what you’re trying to do and I’m not going to waste my time playing your stupid little game.

No it’s not clear.

You’re using bended logic
Only because you think everyone is going to listen to your opinion doesn’t mean i should.
That someone doesn’t think the same way as you doesn’t mean you should disrespect them.

You’re being such a troll, you’re saying my opinion doesn’t matter on a forums where opinion is everything. And when i state my opinion you dislike my opinion.

I’m only trying to help, but if you’re being such a troll what’s the point in trying to fixing the smurfing issue?

1 Like

I’m being no such thing.

Calling someone that is, in fact, that act itself.

You think you’re all because you have more posts huh?
well nice assumptions of me, though could be it.

How am i being a troll, whilst you are clearly disrespecting my opinion and ignoring any good arugment of mine?

1 Like

I never said anything of the sort.

As I pointed out, calling someone that is actually that act itself.

You haven’t posited a good argument, however.

As for my noting “your opinion” is irrelevant, I was specifically referring to your opinion about nano-blade being unfair, especially when you were trying to compare that to smurfing.

The two are absolutely not the same thing, but you already know that.

I already said that was an assumption.

Fair enough

Oh, we’re not on the topic of Smurfs vs In-game ablities.
We were on the topic of the In-Game Code of Conduct to see what was an unfair advantage.

And indeed, it’s something that’s called out by opinion.
Because “engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.” Is actually extremely vague.
This can only be defined by our opinions not by actual facts, unless you would contact customer support.

Which would be easier than actually being in such thread because you can get an answer if it’s actually reportable for that reason or not.

1 Like