Should one tricking be a bannable offence in Ranked?

I’m actually quite finished with your analogy.
It doesn’t fit.

Do you realize what would happen if blizzard started forcing players to learn characters they don’t want to learn? They’d STOP playing overwatch altogether. Competitive would cease to exist because you wouldn’t even be able to get 12 people in a queue together.

You’re simply ignoring the possibility of the comparison, because it doesn’t fit the analogical rational you currently are using, in whatever complexity you’ve developed, based on whatever tightly condensed set of rules you’re using to rationalize this sort of scenario.

This neither makes it “wrong”, nor does it disprove what I’ve stated. The statement you replied with, simply ignores the comparison, and thus your statement of falsehood left unproven is “wrong”.

Enjoy the thought, because I know you won’t actually think about it. You’ll simply discard what I’ve stated, no matter how logical or reasonable, without even bothering to comprehend it.

What percentage of the community do you honestly expect me to believe only plays a single hero?

We could survive without you.

If you’re going to force multiple characters, you have to take this beyond one tricking. To one roleing. How many players only play dps, tank or healer?

wrong, so wrong. Maybe for you or others who grew up with video games but people like me who did not (I’m in my 40s) learning a new hero (especially to play them in competitive) is a steep learning curve which takes quite some time.

No, you don’t.

One tricking is the only problem.
People who play one role aren’t the problem.

Please don’t try to drag people down with you.

That’s no excuse to be a detriment to your teams.

so you are ok with me one tricking, perfect, thank you for admitting it.
I one trick so I am NOT a detriment to my team.

If it takes you longer to learn a hero, you should take longer to learn heroes.
Your problem doesn’t need to become the communities problem.

I just hope one day the development team has the backbone to enforce their own vision, and people like me, who try, can get rid of people like you, who don’t.

So you think yourself like what, some kind of anti one trick crusader?

I’m just a normal guy, who wants to win comp games.

Do I SERIOUSLY look like a one trick to you? My profiles right there.

Never accused you of being a one trick.

I’m just arguing with a handful of people right now and am assuming everyone defending one tricks is a one trick.

I don’t understand this. Not once have I seen a 1-trick come in here and say ‘I one trick so I don’t have to try’ … most one tricks try harder than those that can flex to counter as we have to figure out more ‘creative’ ways around other heroes, for instance I love playing against Bridgette because I eat her alive as D’va and can usually harass her enough so the rest of the team doesn’t have any issues with her. Like any other hero with a ‘front facing’ shield, my boosters and high mobility allows me to get behind them and make a mess of them as D’va.

Of course they wouldn’t say that.
That would undermine the entire one trick problem.

That’s the reality though :man_shrugging:t2:

One tricking is not a bannable offense. Blizzard has already stated that. People are getting banned because of false reporting. The ones who are doing the false reporting are the ones who should be banned. Regardless if you think it’s selfish or not

1 Like

Oh, no I don’t defend them. However, if my experience in fighting games has taught me any sort of lesson, it’s pretty simple about the 1 character main players.

They usually beat the multi character players, after about year 5. They not only beat them, but they turn them into a joke. Year 10 they become completely untouchable in their own way, and they can never be fully outplayed.

This is something I KNOW to be true. I’ve met MULTIPLE people who do this in multiple fighting games, and these players are some of the strongest players I’ve ever met. Tourney winners. Champions of their characters.

Do I support one tricking? Ehhh… kind of, if the player actually improves, and they’re playing a decent character.

Do I support the frequent development of skill on a singular character, allowing the player to surpass even the best players in the field with this character? Most definitely.

1 Like

That would be the difference between a one trick, and a main.
I have no issues with mains, but “this account is X only,” that’s my problem.

“This account is X only” is much different from one tricking too. It means the person is not a one trick, but purposely only playing that character on that account.