Should one tricking be a bannable offence in Ranked?

That’s a one trick, my dude.
People like that have motivated my every single response.

Not if they play multiple characters on their main account. If this is a second account, and they’re purposely limiting their character pool on it compared to their main account, that is a griefer.

Account activity and bans is considered per account.

One tricks don’t get off the hook because they play other heroes on other accounts.

A player specifically saying “This account is X only” implies that they have other accounts that they don’t limit their character pool on.

Like I just said…
Bans are considered per account.
One tricks don’t get a free pass because they play other heroes on other accounts.

Actually, if you get caught breaking the rules, they ban all your accounts.

Rogue, you’re clearly passionate about the subject. It’d be a neat challenge to try to reach you instead of fighting you. What, in your opinion is the reason that Blizzard thinks that you are wrong on this subject? Why, in your opinion do they put such a high premium on personal hero choice? Could you argue the other side of topic; could you make a logical argument FOR one-tricks?

I’ve never heard of that happening.

IP bans are rare, and they didn’t even IP ban the kiddy fiddler in the Overwatch league lol

They don’t IP ban. They simply suspend all the accounts owned by that person at the same time.

Tf is this? You are a problem if you one trick. It’s not against the law to be an absolute **** to everyone around you, but you can’t expect people to give a damn about you if you do. Will people want to associate with you? No. Will you be welcome at any sort of social gathering or anything? No. It’s not against the law, you are still a problem though, and people will respond appropriately.

Being reported over and over again is a byproduct of your conscious decision to be THAT GUY. If that results in you being suspended over and over again so be it. I have legitimately NO PROBLEM with that. You will garner no sympathy from me.

This entitled “I paid for the game!” or “I am doing nothing explicitly against the rules!” is just sad, and sort of reveals elements of your character as a person yo. Yeah, it’s a game. A team based game. Throwing yourself into somewhere you are not welcome and expecting different results is just childish.

If all you care about is playing this one character, there are TONS of different modes you can do that. You can form a stack of people who understand and accept that etc. Solo Qing with this “f everyone I do what I want” mentality will result in people reporting you, which will result in suspensions, and the cycle continues.

Don’t expect anyone that plays this game with consideration to their team mates to sympathize with your stance.

2 Likes

Thank you, friend.
It does a world of good to know I am not the only one <3

So can you. nothing is stopping you from doing the exact same thing you’re suggesting and trying to force upon me.

And I do, friend. If I just want to play Tracer, guess where I’m going? That’s right, QP, or FFA.

1 Like

This is beyond paying for the game and doing nothing thats explicitly against the rules. This is players reporting you for doing something that the rules explicitly say IS ALLOWED.

The conversation is actually on wether or not one tricking should be a bannable offence.

To which I vote yes.

Reasons above.

So? If you come into competitive with that mentality you will be reported. That should be obvious at this point and there’s nothing me, you, or Blizzard, can do to change that. Nothing.

Just like if I walk into a bar, sit down with a circle of people, and start insulting each and every one, I don’t expect to be welcome there for long. Is it against the law? Is it against the rules? Nope. But that’s what will happen. You will no longer be welcome. Surprise.

1 Like

Then its a good thing that overwatch is not a democracy, but run by a company that maintains control over it. It is a monarchy. Jeff kaplan says no.

You know what, I have actually grown to like you over the course of this back and forth.
You’ve got a fire to you that I find commendable.

Play how you want, and I’m sorry if one day one tricking is reportable.
I will love this game so much more if that ever happens.

If one day it is reportable then I will stop one tricking. While it is not reportable, I will continue to one trick and fight against those who report you for it anyway.

PS, you aren’t a one trick :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re a Widow main.