Should moira be reworked?

Trusting high-ranked players tends to be a very very poisoned apple. Yes, they know a lot more, but jeez they’re filled with self-rightousness and bias. The amount of times I’ve heared GMs complaining about Moira countering Genji is maddening. Even though it’s just a clean case of “Oh, they have Moira, guess I shouldn’t be playing a flanker that can’t deal with that”. A lot of the time, we’re just very entitled about our mains.

Yeah, it’s a bit rough too because she’s got a lot of room for really skillful play, but that’s either muted because of how easy she is in low ranks and how she shuts down the “leet pro uber skill” heroes like Genji and Tracer. She has a terrible rep everywhere and people mix that up too much with the hero being broken, OP, and just non-functional.

2 Likes

Think about how arrogant you are. You’re the moira in the enemy backline who’s DPSing and only living because you have okay cooldown management, then you kill 4 people because nobody said anything.
Also how fragile is your ego that “You’re a moira 1 trick” set you off? Also, you realize I can READ and TYPE at the same time right? Or has playing moira this much eroded your brain to irreparable levels?

Exactly my point.

Moira is In the hot seat.

Ana, McCree, rein…

Plenty of other heroes have a history of being hated much more often and in mccrees case, longer than moira

Arrogant I am? how am I being arrogant just because I told you there are 31 different heroes.

I am not even triggered, yet you’re the one who had to bring up my rank, username and pfp lmao. Clearly was hoping I was in silver or smth so you could make fun of me.

4 Likes

No she’s fine as she is. A rework is just a Genji main wet dreAm

Moira main in masters, moira main in silver. I don’t give a damn. I just don’t realize how you can even do that. 45 hours of moira in comp? How many times have you left a game because another moira main was there?
Also you’re arrogant because I spark up an idea, give examples, AND give cold hard facts and you’re like “but muh moira.” Also that “every time I read this same excuse I laugh” Comment was dickish, and I wasn’t going to be an prick until you were one. It’s another example of your fragile ego, someone called her “easy” and you immediately harass.
Another thing, prove to me you’ve been GM in tank.

None, especially when I was first in GM there were barely any Moira players and even now people call you a thrower in master if you pick Moira lmao. For every 1 Moira player you meet there is like 15 ana mains at those ranks.

Most people can’t climb high enough with Moira because her skill cap isn’t very high so she gets so much harder to climb.

3 Likes

Ever think maybe, JUST maybe you’re actually throwing? I like how you’ve conveniently ignored the “backline moira” comments and the “prove you’re GM.” Sometimes, some self reflection is all you need :man_shrugging:
I dislike her. Yes. Almost EVERYONE dislikes her. That’s why I want her changed. She’s a smart concept, I don’t want it wasted on a bland experience.

Cause I don’t play in the back lines as Moira? (and also if it was that other post where you began it by insulting me I didn’t even read)

https://i.imgur.com/U5OpqAe.png

bleh… can’t be bothered to look all through imgur to find the screenshot with all the heroes but here is the first season I was a GM.

Also I never said I was GM currently. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I said I got to GM first with tanks

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t care. Wanted proof, now I have it. I don’t care about your rank, but you clearly do.

So why did you call out my rank and call me a Moira 1 trick then ask for proof?

You brought up rank first, and began insulting me for no reason…?

honestly I did not deserve the way you have treated me. All I said is that there are 31 other heroes, you can play a different one if you don’t find her fun and that I find her fun.

and you began to be horrible to me because of my username and rank, things I did not even bring up until you mentioned them.

I’m more than willing to discuss my favourite hero with you, but it would be nice if you did not act so mean.

2 Likes

It was mostly for alliteration, I have some OCD and that sorta thing really triggers it when I have an opportunity and I don’t take it.
I was a prick because you were one to someone else first. I said that. I never mentioned your username, I looked at your profile 2 seconds and saw 100% moira playtime. Only thing I was a dick about was your decision to play exclusively Moira… Nice victim complex here.

Hey be nice - Moira is one of the better Moira advocates around here and pretty fair in general. That doesn’t mean we always agree, but they are much more honest about the kit than most Moira players seem to be.

1 Like

To someone else first?

No. I just told you there are 31 other heroes you can play if you find Moira boring.

Bullying someone because they play Moira, yes.

I do have like 25 hours of comp time in moira though :mag: :male_detective:

on my main I have 479 hours in moira and like 200 of them are in comp hahaha

2 Likes

You were a tool because of alliteration.

That…

Okay, I’ve been on the internet since it started existing - bluh bluh huge nerd - and that is literally the most ridiculous excuse I have ever seen on these mighty tubes of ours.

I actually can’t believe that you typed that out instead of just making something up. The only thing I’m certain about here is that you’re telling the truth, because any lie would be more believable.

1 Like

alright I get it I’m a dick I apologize

1 Like

This is the only thing I’d really like to see happen on Moira’s right click.

Otherwise, she’s fine as a hero.

So how do you fix it?

She was put in because Tracer / Genji was in the same position. The effort to reward was a total mess, which is how they ended up 2 of the top 3 DPS picks in GM totally regardless of the meta all the way up to dive.

Blizzard COULD have nerfed the hell out of them, but gave them counters in the form of Moira / Brig.

Either, you are going to have to gut mobility, OR put in other counters to it, if you want to change Moira / Brig.

Pick your poison.

3 Likes

Honestly the best solution, if letting Moira have easy aim is unacceptable, is for tracer and Genji to hit the cheeseburgers roadhog style. They get easier to hit, so forgiving sim on an antiflanker is unnecessary.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the problem, it’s how easy she is to manage her resource. If she had a harder time keeping that up, that would introduce her old, unique skillset back