Should moira be reworked?

No, its just angry genji mains who are fuming that they can’t deflect every ability in the game.

the thing about the teamfight was mostly about me being a healer, btw that was bad wording on my part.

I have no problem with her normal abilities at all. I have a problem with the amount that those normal abilities do.

Her ULT should be healing only, after all she is a healer.

1 Like

It’s 70 DPS and you can easily survive it lol.

All her other damage abilities do 50 dps a second

Ok lets change Ana, Baptiste, Mercy ults too then :clown_face:

Oh and Lucio & Brig too as they give shield/armour :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wow did you know that Zen ult is the only ult that only does healing?

2 Likes

If you remove the damage then accordingly you will have to increase the healing and as such it would be a cheap trans except that the character is many times more survivable then zen

Yeah but even if youre the support yourself, there is always a secondary healer on the team. And if your support partner isnt nearby look for positioning where you can heal up on a health pack or make sure your self heal option is available (if you have one dependend on which support you picked)

There’s 32 heroes. I suspect we’ll find something to occupy your time.

There’s 20 maps, why do you hate Paris and HLC so much?
Answer: They’re kinda wasting a slot when they COULD be much better! Same with moira. Sure there’s 32 other heroes, but I’d like for them ALL to be at least a little more fun in general, and Moira might be the least fun according to the most people. Also, there may be 32 heroes, but there’s only 7 supports. Not very many are satisfying, skillful, and good. That group is Ana and Lucio, maybe Bap/Zen depending on the week.

Ok, but you can’t pick and choose whether or not to play on Paris. The overwatch queue It randomly gives it to you.

Heroes though… unless you’re playing Mystery Heroes then you’ll never be forced to pick Moira…

Fun is subjective, a lot of people also think Mercy is boring but I like her too.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it should be changed to suit YOUR needs.

2 Likes

I find Moira incredibly fun personally, and in fact all the Supports are fun to me except Mercy, I just cannot get into her. While I would like to see changes to the kit, I enjoy running her on an account devoted to Talon characters along with Bap for Support.

She has more of a PR issue than a balance issue.

I don’t find her skilless. I can apply myself more than half of the supports when I play her. More choices to make and more things to do is more skill when you have to make the best choices.

The only real issue she has is that her default value is too high and has too much of an impact for too little. This isn’t anywhere near issue for anything Diamond and above (if I’m being generious), and is only really felt around gold. She could do with that being toned back, but a lot of her perception is people jumping onto her, feeding horribly and wasting orbs for cheap but useless damage and getting false gratification even though they did literal negative value.

It’s too easy to think you’ve done well with Moira. The Gold medals show that perfectly. Outside of minor changes, she’s chill

1 Like

i’m in silver, I can’t exactly count on that.
but I still hold strong in my opinion, she should require more technical skill for the damage she deals at the range she can deal it. and i’m not saying it should be a flat nerf- she should deal more damage and get more healing/healing resource back if she can hit you.

I could understand if golds were complaining but its actually high ranked players which are more salty. lol

I’m sorry, i can see why people in silver would think that. But let me tell you, the higher you climb, the less effective this playstyle becomes.

4 Likes

This to a large extent. The problem is the kit offers way too much value down low through Plat, then starts to work against you the higher you go. The scaling of the kit is a problem which traces back to concessions made around the mechanics. This is why I for one liked the Orb on the XP card; it made it so she could express a bit more skill for reward.

1 Like

Nope just need to tweak Moira a bit. She gives way to much value to bad players. The easier the kit the less impact full the hero should be.

1 Like

lmao.

honestly every time I read this same excuse every time I laugh

1 Like

ˡᵒʳᵈ ʷʰʸ ᵃᵐ ᴵ ᵃʳᵍᵘᶦⁿᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵃ ᵐᵃˢᵗᵉʳˢ ᵐᵒᶦʳᵃ ¹ ᵗʳᶦᶜᵏ
You get my point. She is unsatisfying for a majority of the playerbase, and no hero should be in that situation. I want her more fun and engaging rather than “I hold left click and right click durr.” (Also I kinda wish that they would let you pick maps but whatever)
I know that things I dislike shouldn’t be change exclusively for MY needs, but it’s not JUST me. It’s a VAST majority, and sorry to say, but moira 1 tricks like you aren’t in that group.
By the way your point of her ult doing 70dps is BEYOND flawed. Winston deals 60dps, rein deals around 80, but they’re very good for close range cleave. Meanwhile, Moira is a HUGE cleave beam that ALSO heals allies and heals her when she isn’t even hitting anyone AND makes her move faster. Her ult makes her hard to kill, an assassin, and a cleaner. Oh yeah, and it has VERY good healing output.

Please don’t be rude.

She is hated. Mccree isn’t, quite loved actually. She is beyond easy, which Mccree does comply to, but he’s not that boring to play. Moira isn’t either, but she’s not that stressful to play.

Now.

McCree has a longer history of hate than Moira :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Currently? Not really. I don’t think anyone cares about the past if we’re talking about reworking Moira, which is the present.