Should Hanzo one-shot?

Good post.

The thing with Hanzo is that if he were hitscan he’d be horrifically broken, like 2 McCrees with mobility buffs.

So, everything is balanced on his projectile, which at the end of the day is a little oversized, is the fastest in the game and doesn’t even arc much.

I’ll be honest, I never play either Hanzo or Genji, but I don’t believe they’re actually “high skill”, they’re just Japanese. Always have felt like BS.

that would be cool. making widow have a laser sight for the enemy

1 Like

Lol I just remembered scatter arrow.

Nope hair blower of mei is faster than the arrows from the best archer in the game.

Also ana no scope projectile is the fastest projectile in the game but atleast it’s a rifle beating a bow not a hairblower.

If im shooting a widow at the other end of havana first point i literally have to aim more than half her height above her head to land on her head.

Interms of skill he isn’t as high as widow but probably second to her, certainly tougher than other hitscans. Probably zenyatta and widow have higher skill ceiling than hanzo.

Mei: who cares
Ana: ok but
Havana: “much”
skill: he has an OHK, unscoped, on his primary.

No, he absolutely should not.

How would you implement the change? The most simple would be to remove his ability to crit, and then increase damage to compensate. Say 150 for standard arrow, and 90 for storm arrow?

As long as any weapon require charging to shoot at full damage, it should have the potential to 1-shot, especially if a head shot is require to perform it.

Yes he should, cause Hanzo is more skillful than Widow or Ashe.

I’m pretty sure the devs have said hanzo has the second-smallest projectiles in the game (after genji I think? maybe that’s just me guessing?)

Edit: found it.

1 Like

Ashe doesn’t. 7 characters required

Yes. It takes 1.25 seconds to charge Hanzo’s arrows. Prior to that you’re not gonna get the full damage on it and hitting a headshot at any meaningful range is hella impressive. On top of that it’s a projectile and the travel time has already been nerfed. The fact that Ashe is doing exponentially better in a double sniper meta also says a lot about his current power level.

what people don’t understand is his projectile hitbox is a small ball at the tail end of his arrows. This was discover thanks to the help of the workshop.

if roadhog is allowed to one shot, why in the hell wouldnt hanzo, an actual dps, be allowed to?

stop.

1 Like

He can one shot, but I think he needs fall off. So he’s more of a Flanking Sniper who’s better for close to mid range, a different space to play in than Widow.

That and he should have a reload, pull 5 arrows to shoot with, like some old school archer.

I want his old speed which we have now.

I put him on the bench bc it was unplayable for me, as i play by his old speed.

Additionaly, i can’t hit anything with this dumb storm arrows. :sweat_smile:

Blizzard litteraly made him viable and gutted him in my eyes.

Give genji a sniper and you’d probably never see a hanzo again.

yes, and in his current state hanzo is one of the worst dps in the game.
this is a pointless thread.

I suppose the calculation is of how much work he needs to do for 200+ damage w.r.t. other characters. One button, no scope, no cooldown, etc. He’s doing alright, I’d say.