Should Hanzo one-shot?

I don’t hate Hanzo or anything, but let’s be honest, his primary fire is a projectile not a hitscan like widow(who is probably the only true sniper). Hanzo already has so much damage potential with his primary fire, storm arrows, sonic arrow, and his ult(the initial arrow can headshot before his dragons come out) and on top of that he doesn’t have any type of reload.

I know people are gonna come in here and most likely bring up other snipers so here:

Widow’s damage potential compared to hanzo’s, all she has is her gun and a venom mine…i feel like its fine she can one shot. She also does have to fully charge up her shot first to get a full one shot.

Ashe is a hitscan with sniper-feel to her and the only heroes she can one shot is tracer and baby dva(unless being damage boosted). Other than that she doesn’t one-shot because she also does have her dynamite and Bob so its understandable that she doesn’t one shot.

But should Hanzo be able to actually one-shot with his primary? Or even make him more like ashe where he can only one shot 150hp heroes like tracer and baby dva? While leaving widow the only pure sniper who can one shot.

Please keep this civil(even though it probably wont be).

6 Likes

yes. it takes skill to do that. more than widow. that said widow doesnt have his other abilities. but she also works better at a farther range. i think its a reasonable trade off

16 Likes

I mean yeah… he is a sniper after all. I think he should keep his role as the projectile sniper.

9 Likes

If you are to have as much one shots in the game as we do, then yes, he should.

I mean, I wouldn’t mind if there was less, but, like, it wouldn’t JUST be Hanzo who loses one shot then.

1 Like

In some ways it takes more skill: you have to account for the projectile speed and lob.

On the other hand, his projectiles are the size of a toaster

7 Likes

true but dont forget that also means its harder to HS where youd hit the body instead or even a wall first.

I think it’s way easier to hit headshots with Hanzo than widow. I peak and hide instantly and get heads. For widow you have to expose yourself for a bit

4 Likes

We live in a game where we have a shot gun one hit killing hook sniper tank called Road Hog.

I think Hanzo having a much harder skill shot than Widow or Ashe deserves to be able to kill a squishy on a head shot. Honestly I think he should get his scatter arrow back at this point on top of Storm Arrow just so he has an answer to something like Hog.

2 Likes

I feel no hero should have an untelegraphed one shot on their primary attack.

I have no problems with one shots.

But they should have an appreciable announcement window allowing reaction before the ability goes off, and the associated cost of a cooldown- further allowing a window where you can play around their ability to one shot.

9 Likes

In the overwatch we want? no , unless it’s full charge.

on the overwatch we will have from NOW ON yes.

I mean it takes skill to headshot with Mei too, yet she can’t 1 shot it.

I was just ohko’d the other day by a Hanzo. I watched the kill feed to see where the heck it came from. He was standing in a tree, looking at nothing but green, and just blindly firing at the choke point. Oh how I laughed. Don’t see many Widows doing that.

1 Like

lol that was a good joke not gonna lie

Gotta disagree there. Never have I seen or performed a lucky widow headshot. There’s plenty of videos showing how far off target you can register a headshot as Hanzo as well.

3 Likes

He’s a projectile hero whos said projectile also have gravitational properties. On top of that, he’s in the middle of the dps spot right now. Yes, he should one shot.

1 Like

Hanzo’s average weapon accuracy is 33%, taking away his one shot is going to require giving him a faster rate of fire, projectile speed revert, or just more spam

To be killed by spam at chokes is probably not fun, once you know there’s a hanzo avoid chokes like you would against junker and don’t take corner peek shoot fights against him.

That said its pretty easy to out strafe hanzo at long range.
Check at 1hr 27min 50sec, aarge one of the best hanzos gets dodged easily at long range, after he fires every shot and this was before arrow speed nerf.Hanzo arrows are easy to react when you are aware of him.
His primary was never busted only the storm arrows, instead typical blizzard style hero gets his key ability squashed.

I would take the sonic headshot off, of that arrow. This usually feels kinda terrible because u know, it was completely RNG that it had to land on your head.

Other then that, im a bit guilty too, playing Hanzo and enjoying him. His former arrow speed was busted, no wonder Hanzo mains ask to revert it … its the same as Genji players ask for the broken rightclick speed to be back. Currently he cant reliably headshot on long range, but my god, games already full of sh1t … we dont need one more sniper which might only replace another once the other one is out of favor.

The only thing i always said need to be changed on Hanzo is to put louder cues on his Sonic (more distinct biing on the spot where land his sonics), and louder arrows. In the heat of the fights u just dont know that a) you are getting even shot and b) also the visual arrows are so light, you wont even register it till u have a arrow in your head.

Hanzo is fun tho, once u get the hang on how to lead your arrows, dinking peoples head are quite a satisfying feeling :slight_smile:

You’re probably just a bad player then quiet frankly.

Statistically Hanzo has a 55% lower headshot rate than Widow across all ranks.

Hanzo: 11.6%
Widow: 18%

If you are in fact finding it easier to headshot with Hanzo than Widow, you are probably not a mechanically skilled player in the first place and the headshots you are getting are due to luck.

It is like getting a higher hit-rate with Junkrat than McCree. Sure you might be able to achieve this but it is probably only due to your mechanical skill being so abysmal in the first place that you can’t take advantage of the hit-scan mechanic.

1 Like

as i see it, hanzo is the projectile version of widow, sure he needs some stuff to keep up with widow, but it really just makes them kinda even, sort of.